Carc Central Community > Official Rules

WikiCarpedia: request corrections or submit suggestions here

<< < (3/59) > >>

cicerunner:

--- Quote from: Meepledrone on February 02, 2020, 01:32:47 AM ---Corrected both typos  :o

+1 merit from me.

--- End quote ---

Both! Well spotted. :)

And thanks. So how do merits work?

Meepledrone:
You give merits to members who post or do something you like. It's just a token of appreciation.

You click on the "[give merit]" link you see in the block describing the author of a post... and voilà.

Check the red arrow in the image below  ;)

cicerunner:
_____
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Messages
(typo) existing text:
"2 Points per Farm: You score 2 points for each of your farmers."
suggested edit - "per Farm" should be "per Farmer"

(clarification) existing text:
"Then return the meeple that was on the feature"
suggested edit - "Then return only your meeple that was on the feature"
The footnote [5] makes it absolutely clear that this is what is intended, but I feel this helps users get an important piece of information that they might otherwise miss.

_____
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Mage_and_Witch
"An incomplete road with both an inn and the mage on it will be worth 1 point per tile (the incomplete inn drops each tile's value to 0 points, but the mage still provides 1 point per tile in a scored feature it occupies. The mage does not grant points for coat of arms."
suggested edit - add the following sentence between the two existing sentences - "Similarly an incomplete city with both a cathedral and the mage on it will also be worth 1 point per tile."

_____
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Crop_Circles
(typo) existing text:
"Then, perform to the new action"
suggested edit - delete the word "to"

_____
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Festival_(1st_edition)
"This expansion has been developed for the Carcassonne basic game. All of the rules remain the same."
suggested edit - "This expansion has been developed for the Carcassonne basic game. All the basic game rules still apply."
I've seen the same existing text on the Spiel Promos too and perhaps it exists on many of the mini-expansion pages. If so, I think the following applies in those cases too.
I think that the existing text implies that there are no rule changes whatsoever. Whereas the actual situation, at least in the two examples I have found, is that there are additional rules over and above the basic game rules. Hence an alternative suggested edit - "This expansion has been developed for the Carcassonne basic game. All the basic game rules still apply in addition to the expansion rules below."

Meepledrone:

--- Quote from: cicerunner on February 03, 2020, 07:32:51 AM ---_____
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Messages
(typo) existing text:
"2 Points per Farm: You score 2 points for each of your farmers."
suggested edit - "per Farm" should be "per Farmer"

--- End quote ---

Corrected.

--- Quote from: cicerunner on February 03, 2020, 07:32:51 AM ---(clarification) existing text:
"Then return the meeple that was on the feature"
suggested edit - "Then return only your meeple that was on the feature"
The footnote [5] makes it absolutely clear that this is what is intended, but I feel this helps users get an important piece of information that they might otherwise miss.

--- End quote ---

Updated as requested.

http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Mage_and_Witch
"An incomplete road with both an inn and the mage on it will be worth 1 point per tile (the incomplete inn drops each tile's value to 0 points, but the mage still provides 1 point per tile in a scored feature it occupies. The mage does not grant points for coat of arms."
suggested edit - add the following sentence between the two existing sentences - "Similarly an incomplete city with both a cathedral and the mage on it will also be worth 1 point per tile."

--- End quote ---

I updated the text as follows so each bullet coves a different features more clearly.

* Inns and Cathedrals:
     * An incomplete road with both an inn and the mage on it will be worth 1 point per tile (the incomplete inn drops each tile's value to 0 points, but the mage still provides 1 point per tile in a scored feature it occupies.
     * Similarly an incomplete city with both a cathedral and the mage on it will also be worth 1 point per tile. Note that the mage does not grant points for coats of arms.

http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Crop_Circles
(typo) existing text:
"Then, perform to the new action"
suggested edit - delete the word "to"

--- End quote ---

Corrected

http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Festival_(1st_edition)
"This expansion has been developed for the Carcassonne basic game. All of the rules remain the same."
suggested edit - "This expansion has been developed for the Carcassonne basic game. All the basic game rules still apply."
I've seen the same existing text on the Spiel Promos too and perhaps it exists on many of the mini-expansion pages. If so, I think the following applies in those cases too.
I think that the existing text implies that there are no rule changes whatsoever. Whereas the actual situation, at least in the two examples I have found, is that there are additional rules over and above the basic game rules. Hence an alternative suggested edit - "This expansion has been developed for the Carcassonne basic game. All the basic game rules still apply in addition to the expansion rules below."

--- End quote ---

I used the following version of the disclaimer when present for pages after 2016 (when HiG started to include it in their mini expansions):

"This expansion has been developed for the Carcassonne basic game. All the basic game rules still apply in addition to the expansion rules below. You can combine it with other expansions - but at your own risk – that is, there will be no official rules for these combinations."

I used a simpler version for earlier pages:

"This expansion has been developed for the Carcassonne basic game. All the basic game rules still apply in addition to the expansion rules below."

Just out of curiosity I checked if the typos were caused by a typing mistakes when editing the pages... but they come directly from the ZMG rules. They were already in the original text we copied & pasted over to WICA. :o

Thanks again for your help.

Bumsakalaka:

--- Quote from: Meepledrone on April 05, 2020, 03:18:36 PM ---Thanks Murphy013!

I'm still busy with the Halflings page, adding applicable clarifications from C1 Halflings. I still have to update the images I borrowed from the C1 version to make them closed to C2.

I still have to write to HiG about the mistranslations in the English rules in 2. Placing a meeple, 3. Scoring a feature and the Crop Circle actions.

Then I will have to update:
* Halflings for C1--> Update all the rules according to C2
* Castles in Germany for C1/C2--> Update clarification on scoring a monastery surrounded by German castle tiles
* Game Reference --> Update the preparation with 2 Halflings sets.
* Scoring During the Game for C1/C2/WE --> Update scoring for Monastic Buildings/German castles/Gardens/Abbot with Halflings
* Scoring After the Game for C1/C2/WE --> Update scoring for Monastic Buildings/German castles/Gardens with Halflings
* Summary of Rule Sets and Changes --> Add latest changes with Halflings (if applicable - we have some misinterpretations)

A lot of work ahead, I'm afraid.

Cheers!

--- End quote ---

When you are updating store during the game...
Is it possible to give user opportunity to sort by "rules" except "chronological order" you mentioned that is used in comments in WiCa?

Note: This post was updated to keep track of the previous discussion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version