Carc Central Community > Official Rules

Castles - 2 Questions

(1/2) > >>

Carcassebs:
Hi everyone,

Played a game this weekend with the Bridges, Castles and Bazaars. We had included the Count of Carcassonne and after the session there was two questions that we needed confirmation and CAR didn't reveal any specifics.

Both has to do with the Castle and here's a Castle token for the ones that don't know and also to help with this topic:

Question 1:
If you look closely on the token, you will notice that there's grass/farm all around it and when you put a Castle onto of a two-pieces city, it does cover all of it. Does this means that it connects two farms that were previously separated by that 2-pieces city?

Question 2:
When playing with the Count of Carcassonne extension, you can put a Meeple in the City of Carcassonne when you close something and cause someone else to score and that you do not score. Our argument was after I closed a Cloister for my buddy, I didn't score on that, but I had a Castle that did scoop the same 9 points because one of my 6 tiles was touching it. Because I made points "after" the structure was closed, we weren't 100% sure how we should handle it. In the end we both agreed that I scored and therefore shouldn't be allowed to move a Meeple to the City, but I would like a confirmation of such.

Thanks all!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=125.0

kettlefish:

--- Quote from: Carcassebs on February 25, 2013, 05:00:30 AM ---Question 1:
If you look closely on the token, you will notice that there's grass/farm all around it and when you put a Castle onto of a two-pieces city, it does cover all of it. Does this means that it connects two farms that were previously separated by that 2-pieces city?

--- End quote ---
The Castle separated the farms in the same way as a 2-pieces city. (BigBox3)

Carcassebs:

--- Quote from: kettlefish on February 25, 2013, 05:44:28 AM ---
--- Quote from: Carcassebs on February 25, 2013, 05:00:30 AM ---Question 1:

--- End quote ---
The Castle separated the farms in the same way as a 2-pieces city. (BigBox3)

--- End quote ---
Then the design is wrong IMO, it shouldn't have farm/land around it, leads to confusion. If that is the case, they should of made the Castle go all the way to the edge of the token.

Scott:

--- Quote from: Carcassebs on February 25, 2013, 05:00:30 AM ---Question 2:
When playing with the Count of Carcassonne extension, you can put a Meeple in the City of Carcassonne when you close something and cause someone else to score and that you do not score. Our argument was after I closed a Cloister for my buddy, I didn't score on that, but I had a Castle that did scoop the same 9 points because one of my 6 tiles was touching it. Because I made points "after" the structure was closed, we weren't 100% sure how we should handle it. In the end we both agreed that I scored and therefore shouldn't be allowed to move a Meeple to the City, but I would like a confirmation of such.

--- End quote ---

All points are scored after a feature is completed. Because the placement of tile caused you to score points, you can't deploy a follower from the City of Carcassonne.

Carcassebs:

--- Quote from: Scott on February 25, 2013, 06:31:37 AM ---
--- Quote from: Carcassebs on February 25, 2013, 05:00:30 AM ---Question 2:

--- End quote ---

All points are scored after a feature is completed.

--- End quote ---

This is what was confusing a bit. The feature was completed and I did make points, but after it was completed and scored, we weren't sure of the order. But looks like did the right thing, thanks for the confirmation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version