Author Topic: abbey tile close the roads school  (Read 2158 times)

Offline davide

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
abbey tile close the roads school
« on: December 12, 2020, 05:54:03 PM »
hello everyone, yesterday it happened to me in a game of carcassonne: the red player and the blue player had separate roads in their possession, coming from the school, then the yellow player places the abbey tile, completing the two roads coming from the school. So in this case, who does the theacher go to? If they both complete the roads?Good question, I left the choice to them by rolling the dice, to whoever was entitled,to have the teacher

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4931.0

Offline davide

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
Re: abbey tile close the roads school
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 05:58:34 PM »
I hope ,this question doesn't see in adwent 2020 eheheh, :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 06:26:21 PM »
Hi davide,

The teacher goes to the player placing the tile that completes one or more features; in this case, the yellow player.

We have different matters here:
* The players receiving points because their features get completed: the blue player and the red player, in this case, who will score points for their respective roads.
* The player completing the two roads leading to the school by placing the abbey: the yellow player, who will receive the teacher after scoring.
* The player who will get the teacher bonus: the player with the teacher in his possession, if any, when both roads where completed by the yellow player:
   - If the teacher was on the school, nobody gets the bonus points for the teacher.
   - If one player had the teacher, he or she will decide which feature to receive the points from: the road occupied by the blue player, or the other road occupied by the red player.

Bear in mind that the player with the teacher can only receive points for occupied features scored in 3. Scoring a feature. It may be a completed feature or a field scored because of a barn. If the feature is not occupied, the player with the teacher will not receive any points, since no player scored points for the feature being scored.

You can check the rules here (see the general rules and footnotes #2, #3 and #4 for additional clarifications that may interest you):
https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_School_(1st_edition)#Playing_the_Game

Cheers!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 06:30:57 PM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 06:32:23 PM »
I hope ,this question doesn't see in adwent 2020 eheheh, :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) ;D ;D ;D ;D

- Meepledrone: Now you mention it...  ???
- The Grinch: We could do something interesting... Yes! >:D

Offline davide

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2020, 08:15:02 PM »
Thanks for the explanation, as always !! very helpful, I still have the old rules translated into Spanish which said that to have the teacher they had to have follower on  the road, by the way, I have updated it now.
PS: Dorothy told me: poor David, besides being color blind you have given the Grinch new evil ideas for the advent !!
 :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2020, 09:37:11 PM »
   - If one player had the teacher, he or she will decide which feature to receive the points from: the road occupied by the blue player, or the other road occupied by the red player.

Really? Isn't it points for the first occupied feature that is scored? So the active player choses if blue or red's road is scored first, and the owner of the teacher doesn't get to chose?

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 09:42:53 PM »
I found that clarification on WICA

[3]   If multiple features are completed with a single tile placement and all points go to one player, that player chooses what order the features are scored in, and the holder of the teacher gets the points from the first scored feature. If multiple features are completed with a single tile placement and more than one player is receiving points, the holder of the teacher decides which score he will receive. (3/2015)

But I don't understand why the face that every features scored belong to one or multiple players changes the "first feature scored" rule?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2020, 12:48:35 AM »

Really? Isn't it points for the first occupied feature that is scored? So the active player choses if blue or red's road is scored first, and the owner of the teacher doesn't get to chose?

In this case, we have two features owned by two players. So there is only one feature to choose from belonging to each player. The player with the teacher just decide the player. The feature is already set.

I found that clarification on WICA

[3]   If multiple features are completed with a single tile placement and all points go to one player, that player chooses what order the features are scored in, and the holder of the teacher gets the points from the first scored feature. If multiple features are completed with a single tile placement and more than one player is receiving points, the holder of the teacher decides which score he will receive. (3/2015)

But I don't understand why the face that every features scored belong to one or multiple players changes the "first feature scored" rule?

In the general case: multiple features from multiple players, each player has to state the scoring order of their features. Then the player with the teacher will have to decide which player's first scoring to pick. It's similar to the robbers.

This is why defining the individual scoring events when scoring it's important for the teacher, messages and the robbers.  ;)

A second learning from all this is that maybe you have to tally the points in one order (think of castle dependencies) but maybe you count those points on the scoreboard in a different order so you keep the teacher and the robbers a bay when possible while targeting dark space.  >:D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 12:50:23 AM by Meepledrone »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2020, 12:57:10 AM »
Thanks for the explanation, as always !! very helpful, I still have the old rules translated into Spanish which said that to have the teacher they had to have follower on  the road, by the way, I have updated it now.
PS: Dorothy told me: poor David, besides being color blind you have given the Grinch new evil ideas for the advent !!
 :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Don't forget there may cases where:
* You have the teacher
* You complete a road to the school (place the last tile)
* You also occupy that road

In this case, you keep the teacher and score ponts for the road twice: one for the road itself and again for the teacher.  ;)

PS: Dile a Dorothy que no se ponga nerviosa... No sabemos lo que el Consejo Meeple puede decidir todavĂ­a.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline davide

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2020, 04:19:36 AM »
hello everyone, yesterday it happened to me in a game of carcassonne: the red player and the blue player had separate roads in their possession, coming from the school, then the yellow player places the abbey tile, completing the two roads coming from the school. So in this case, who does the theacher go to? If they both complete the roads?Good question, I left the choice to them by rolling the dice, to whoever was entitled,to have the teacher
sorry, I forget that the teacher in that case was in at school,it's  the samr rule?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2020, 05:37:09 AM »
If the teacher was in the school, nobody would get any points for the teacher when both roads leading to the school were completed.

Thee rest works the same...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Base game - Unable to close all cities.

Started by SRBO

19 Replies
Last post August 08, 2015, 09:03:37 PM
by ny1050220
question
Two castles close to each other: what happens in this case?

Started by carca82

38 Replies
Last post December 14, 2022, 01:09:27 PM
by Bumsakalaka
clip
Another close-to-mega Carcassonne II game

Started by reddalek

2 Replies
Last post May 01, 2017, 03:47:15 AM
by aenima
xx
Crop circles: is itpossible to add more than one meeple close to another meeple?

Started by carca82

2 Replies
Last post July 31, 2022, 12:56:35 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
plague source tile and completion of cities and roads

Started by drone2

4 Replies
Last post February 14, 2017, 08:33:40 AM
by dirk2112