Author Topic: WTB: First Edition, First Print with 70-point scoreboard  (Read 25184 times)

Offline Perimones

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
WTB: First Edition, First Print with 70-point scoreboard
« on: January 01, 2016, 05:18:13 AM »
I've been looking for the original game (1st ed, 1st print). What I'm really interested in is the 70-point scoreboard.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2288.0
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 05:20:21 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Added tag »

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: WTB: First Edition, First Print with 70-point scoreboard
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 06:43:51 AM »
Best of luck with that. 70 other people here would bite a right arm off for a copy too. There are some images of the 70point score track here on the forum.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 01:46:14 PM »
Best of luck with that. 70 other people here would bite a right arm off for a copy too. There are some images of the 70point score track here on the forum.

Just for the record, I'd also bite off one or both legs if it's still shrink-wrapped...

Offline Perimones

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 01:56:54 PM »
You never know. A few years ago, I walked in a store and found the original version of the 1st extension (brand-new, shrink-wrapped, with the shrubless crossroad tile) which I had given up on finding.

It's really because I'm a completist (like a few others roaming on this forum). Happy New Year.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 03:35:41 PM »
Closest thing I got was when I got in touch with a member on boardgamegeek.com that had the score board going up to 70. He does unfortunately not own it any longer.

I would be happy just to see a picture of it!  :(y)
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 03:42:02 PM »
So long as anyone reading this knows this is probably the hardest Carcassonne artifact to find and should see a price to match. 

Carcassonne was released in 2000, I'm not sure of the month, I suspect the print run was limited because it was not know how popular the game was goint to become.  By 2001 the 2nd edition was relelased with the grey 50 point board and also picked up by at least a French publisher.  Later in 2001 the SdJ was won and the rest is history.  So in less than 18months the game had gone through 3 iterations.

If you're a completionist have you got:

> All three print runs of Corn Circles?
> Two sets of Teacher Meeple Essen/Cundco are slighty different
> Both versions of the Russian Tiles from HobbyWorld
> All 3 versions of the Cult
> A first edition of Brazilian Carcassonne / the 2nd
> Both versions of the Gingerbread expansion
> A misprinted King tile?

These are all easier to get hold of than a first edition Carc!

Dan, I'm utilizing stemscells so I can bite of a third leg!

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 03:55:58 PM »
So long as anyone reading this knows this is probably the hardest Carcassonne artifact to find and should see a price to match. 

Carcassonne was released in 2000, I'm not sure of the month, I suspect the print run was limited because it was not know how popular the game was goint to become.  By 2001 the 2nd edition was relelased with the grey 50 point board and also picked up by at least a French publisher.  Later in 2001 the SdJ was won and the rest is history.  So in less than 18months the game had gone through 3 iterations.

> A misprinted King tile?

These are all easier to get hold of than a first edition Carc!

Dan, I'm utilizing stemscells so I can bite of a third leg!

I read new things here?
Brazilian version?
King tile?

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 04:03:16 PM »
Sorry BC&B misprint not king tile.

Offline Perimones

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 08:56:19 PM »
Corn Circles? Check
Two sets of Teacher Meeple Essen/Cundco are slightly different. I have one, what's the difference?
Russian Tiles? Got one, looking for the other one.
Cult? Check
A first edition of Brazilian Carcassonne / the 2nd? That's new to me, what so special about this?
Gingerbread? Check
BC&B misprint? What's the misprint?

Cool, new stuff to run after.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016, 11:05:28 PM »
Cool, new stuff to run after.

There's always something. Always. Owning "everything" just forces you to look harder for the stuff you haven't got and get even more pedantic about the stuff you "need".

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2016, 11:23:58 PM »
I am not even slightly bothered about trying to locate a mis-printed tile or anything like that. 
What are the differences between the different cults and the different crop circles?  I only really want the stuff which is actually different rather than just has a slightly different bush on the tile.
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2016, 11:56:18 PM »
I am not even slightly bothered about trying to locate a mis-printed tile or anything like that. 
What are the differences between the different cults and the different crop circles?  I only really want the stuff which is actually different rather than just has a slightly different bush on the tile.

I started off with the intention of collecting all the normal expansions, but my sense of "completeness" changed over time and shortly after I'd collected all but a few of the main expansions I started going after the spin-offs too. The quest to own every different version/ edition/ print-run hasn't really caught on with me either, but I have picked up a few rare things along the way either because I've randomly happened upon them on eBay or others have sought them out on my behalf. I don't really have the money or attention span to keep up with this though!

I believe there are 3 different versions of the cult as it has been released in 3 different ways: through the Carcassonne Almanac/ Spielbox magazine (5 tiles), through RGG's Cult, Siege & Creativity (6 tiles) and also through King & Consort (5 tiles). Although I wouldn't be surprised if there were alternative sources for this that I'm not aware of. Crop Circles has been released in 2 different ways that I'm aware of: firstly in a special edition of the basic game, then as a mini-expansion available through Cundco. I think I own both (I have an unopened box with a sticker on the outside saying that it includes Corn Circles) but I don't know how many print-runs this constitutes.

Offline Perimones

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2016, 06:09:09 AM »
There is no difference between the different versions of the cult, but for an additional tile in CS&C (the field, road, field, road tile). The two sets of the crop circles are totally different.

Actually, I do limit myself in how I collect. Only the tiles which have a different front (don't care about the back). So boxes and rulebooks are out. Since I starting collecting with the brown scoreboard (and got all the others through the years), I thought I would track down the 70-point one since it is like a big tile, but if it is that rare I won't waste my time on this. Which is not a bad thing since I play with everything I buy, and I didn't feel like adding another basic set .... again: Carcassonne, Carcassonne Ii (new look),  10-year special edition (for the Festival tiles), the Muller edition (different Cathar tiles), Wheel of Fortune (new tiles), and Big box 5 (different wheel tile). And yes our rivers are freakishly long (we made a house rule to be able to use all of them).

Offline JT Atomico

• Marquis
  • Merit: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2016, 07:43:36 AM »

> A misprinted King BC&B tile?

Some of these are new to me as well. Care to elaborate Decar?

I'm particularly interested in the differences between versions of Corn Circles and the Russian tiles, and also in the BC&B misprint which I have never heard about before. I think I understand the other ones.

My rough policy on these things is that I care about tiles if the art has changed. The fact that they come from a different print run or that they have a different watermark doesn't bother me.

For example, I don't feel the need to buy the Spielbox version of Shrines & Heretics since it is the same as the one that came in Count, King and Cult. However I did buy both versions of Wind Roses because the compass points (and rules) changed, and I also consider the river in BB5 to be The River III because of the added sheep!

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2016, 08:04:34 AM »
I thought I was sad/mad/driven wanting 1 copy of everything.  I've not caught the must have multiple version bug though.  But there is still time I guess.....
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
200-point or 500-point scoring board?

Started by robnhill

5 Replies
Last post January 24, 2017, 08:20:02 AM
by Amorpheus
xx
Have: First Edition w/70-point score track; I&C w/no-junction CRCR tile

Started by Just a Bill

9 Replies
Last post May 08, 2017, 04:28:57 AM
by Just a Bill
clip
I bought a terrible version of the Scoreboard first edition

Started by The-Edge

8 Replies
Last post January 16, 2021, 05:37:59 AM
by Decar
xx
Carcassonne first edition?? Is it first edition?

Started by JoeSesquipedalian

10 Replies
Last post May 28, 2016, 01:07:24 PM
by Halfling
xx
WTT Dutch 1st edition with 70 point scoring track

Started by Willem

5 Replies
Last post October 06, 2017, 09:19:44 AM
by oosie