Author Topic: Weekly Online Game  (Read 243071 times)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Online Game
« Reply #480 on: August 13, 2015, 12:11:06 PM »
Rich, halfling and I are in chat and ready to play. Anybody else wants to join?

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 13, 2015, 01:31:59 PM »
We just finished our game. Now Leven and I are waiting in chat, if somebody wants to join.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:38:38 PM by Hounk »

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 14, 2015, 02:24:07 PM »
Paul and I are in chat now. We would like to play
Here's a screenshot from the game with Paul and Hounk on Wed night. We all placed a lot of meeples as farmers, with Paul ending up claiming all the farming points as the farms were joined up right at the end of the game. There was a bit of a battle to gain a share of the large city in the south west corner, but it didn't work out and was left incomplete.

(more details can be found here) - Dan
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 04:54:02 AM by danisthirty, Reason: added link to other post »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 17, 2015, 04:06:24 AM »
Nice game, and well done to Paul on his victory! :):(y)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #484 on: August 20, 2015, 07:40:05 AM »
Anyone playing tonight - I'm not sure I can make it - but others should  :(y)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 20, 2015, 10:39:44 AM »
I will be in, in case there is a game. 9 pm CET like usual?

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 20, 2015, 12:09:59 PM »
Ailurus and I are currently waiting in chat. Who else wants to join?

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 20, 2015, 03:17:56 PM »
Ailurus and I first had a 2P game with A&M and Fliers (did not make a screenshot), then Leven joint for a 3P T&B with Towers and Fliers. Think, we all enjoyed both games, but found the combination of Towers, T&B and Fliers particularly nice going.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 13, 2015, 12:41:23 PM »
:blue-meeple: danisthirty (109) - :green-meeple: Hounk (99) - :red-meeple: kettle (85):

Last night, kettle, Hounk and I played a "quick" and "friendly" game with Princess & Dragon + The Phantom. Well, it wasn't quick or friendly but it certainly was a lot of fun!

The dragon came out a lot at the start but none of his rampages had a particularly significant impact on the game, even though he ate a lot, because there hadn't been enough time for anything to become strategically important enough. I struggled to get going at first but was steadily building a small city until the dragon ate my knight. Hounk then denied himself the opportunity to take my city for himself and I took it back only for kettle to lure my knight back out of it with the very next tile! Well, that's what she tried to do anyway, but as it happened, an accident with the UI meant that she closed it with my knight still inside and I got 16 undeserved points for it!

After that the game really began to pick up pace with kettle getting mostly city tiles and building herself a large city, whilst Hounk concentrated on the large farm that was growing, a couple of long roads and several cloisters. I didn't really have much of a game plan and was mostly just muddling through trying to make the most of what I drew. I decided to put up a fight for the farm though, just for the sake of it, and pretty soon had it tied with Hounk with two farmers each.

It was a very close game throughout really, with all 3 of us having very similar scores for most of it. It felt like every element of Princess & Dragon was used well (certainly by kettle and Hounk anyway) and there was always a lot of thought behind every placement. With his last couple of rampages, the dragon took one of my farmers which gave the main farm to Hounk since I couldn't quite get it back. I did however end up taking majority control of kettle's unfinished mega-city after a lot of to-ing and fro-ing with the Princess tiles.

I denied myself an additional 6 points by using the magic portal to claim a 2-point city tile rather than an 8-point unfinished cloister, purely because I was being too hasty to review what was available. Take away 16 for the city I shouldn't have had and add 6 for the points I denied myself though, and the end result could have been a tie between Hounk and I with kettle just a handful of points behind.

It was fun anyway, despite the constant and vicious bullying from both of my opponents!  :green-meeple: :red-meeple: :D >:D : :blue-meeple: :'(

EDIT: It's probably worth pointing out that kettle took 9 points away from Hounk with the last tile of the game when she lured his knight out of a city that was adjacent to her cloister. I might have felt bad for him, but it had been my city anyway until the dragon took it away from me and Hounk took it over!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 03:04:40 PM by danisthirty »

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 13, 2015, 01:05:35 PM »
Yes the huge city - a long time my red knight was inside that city - but the princess put it back to my supply - then one or two turns later - I've got a nice tile to expand that city - it was unclimbed - and what did I? - I was so stupid - I placed the tile and the follower like if the city has been climbed by a knight from the other players... Later than the others claimbed that city - not my meeple.
With this great mistake - I lost the city and danisthirty becomes the points.

Earlier in the game I had again some problems with the JCZ software  - the princess - It was the city - climbed by danisthirty - it was 16 points worth - and then my mistake with the use of the software - danisthirty got the points - but I liked to use the princess - it didn't work.

I still know why I don't like online games. I love the real tiles and the wooden figures. Hmm this was the first or the 2nd time that I have played the Phantom (the real Phantom is made by plastics - so it has no chance in my real games).

The Dragon was a happy one - he had become enough meat from all the followers. After his first 8 or 9 moves he needed a rest. And later in the game the Dragon needed again some food and he got it.

The fairy worked hard during the game, but often she didn't save my followers.

The princess - one of my last tiles was at the botton city - there was a follower from Hounk. I placed the princess into that city and the princess removed the knight. Sadly - I had no more follower in my own supply - that city was 9 points worth.

In total it was a nice game. It was fun to play with both danisthirty and Hounk.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #490 on: October 01, 2015, 11:42:28 AM »
Late call for a weekly game tonight - is anyone keen? If so, let's aim to start at 9:30 CET which is in 50 minutes from now.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 01, 2015, 11:52:59 AM »
I would like to join.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #492 on: October 01, 2015, 01:35:14 PM »
Crazy start to our game! Hounk (black) has a double abbot and a single abbot already!

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #493 on: October 01, 2015, 01:40:42 PM »
...but I managed to capture both his double abbots with the Tower and fly into his other GM, and eventually this helped me win.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 08, 2015, 02:25:33 AM »
Yo yo yo!

I'm going to be free this evening and would love it if there was a weekly game going for me to join in with. :(y)

Anyone else playing? ;) Expansions to be decided...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
The old Carcassone online game...

Started by Reggie777

3 Replies
Last post April 15, 2021, 02:58:57 AM
by Sondiana
xx
Connection lost in Online game

Started by Hounk

5 Replies
Last post March 01, 2015, 01:00:53 PM