Carc Central Community > Official Rules

Legal ways to un-trap.

(1/4) > >>

PapaGeek:
As we continue to play Carcassonne, some of the players are getting more aggressive.  They take longer to place their tiles as they look harder for ways to trap the meeples of other players.  Some of the players are keeping up with the aggression and others are not.

To avoid the collapse of the group, I’m looking for the best ways to, by the rules, defend against an aggressive player’s trapping strategy.

From the rules of the expansions we have so far: one sure way is the Abbey which can be placed in any four sided hole, Bridges can sometimes be used to alter one side of a trap, and Halflings can be used to convert a four sided trap into a two sided hole that might be easier to fill.

Are there any other official ways to defend against an aggressive player who is trapping players who are just trying to have fun with the game?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5700.0

kettlefish:
Some examples: If you use expansions like the Tower or the Princess and the Dragon, than you can put the meeples away from the landscape which are trapped.

totor66:
Festival would be the best way to retake trapped meeple

You could even make house rule so that everyoine has an allocated number of festival tiles that they could use at any moment like an abbey instead of drawing a tile.

PapaGeek:

--- Quote from: totor66 on January 25, 2022, 05:45:54 AM ---Festival would be the best way to retake trapped prisonner.

You could even make house rule so that everyoine has an allocated number of festival tiles that they could use at any moment like an abbey instead of drawing a tile.

--- End quote ---
Sorry for the mistake, I meant to say Abbey, not Abbot!  I just modified my original post!

And, yes I do want to un-trap the meeples, but I also want to be able to complete the feature.  Again, this is a way for the non-aggressive players who just want to score points to undo the “damage” caused by the aggressive players who want to stop the non-aggressive players from scoring points!

DIN0:
So what you are actually asking is not what to use to un-trap a meeple, but how to "prevent" traps. Well that is the art that comes with practice, but if you wish to boost it with some expansions, than the kinds which give you more control over choosing what tile you get and place are one way to achieve it.
This includes abbeys from Exp. 5, Bridges and Bazaars from Exp. 8, Halflings, German Castles, The Gifts (take 2 card). Be warned though, most of these can just as easily be used in order to trap more effectivelly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version