Carc Central Community > Reviews & Session Reports

The worst expansion combination

(1/2) > >>

corinthiens13:
Yesterday I tried a game with a friend, on the Great Britain map (self printed, I do only have the USA original maps) combining:

* The tower
* Princess and dragon
* The plague
* Besiegers
* The catapult, using only knock-out tockens
* La Porxada
* The peasant revolt
* The barber-surgeons
* Without the base game because that would have been too many tiles
* GQ11 to increase a bit the number of tiles
And I'm too sad I forgot the crop circles, Solovei Razboynik, Vodyanoy and the wheel of fortune (why not the wind rose?), for a little more mess, instead of GQ11  >:D

Anyway, this was soo difficult to keep a meeple in place, and to find any good spot to place a tile (there was either the dragon, either a plague, either a tower everywhere (or all the three of them!), and always a chance that the other player'd have a tile to place near your meeple (almost every tiles were bad !).
But it was such a mess that it became really funny to play ! It looked more like a survival game, trying to get every little point possible before dying, being captured, or going in a bathhouse.

Some towers were used mainly to take a meeple back from a bathhouse, and the plague was sometimes used for that purpose too.

Only two players with about 90 tiles, but we couldn't reach more than 134 points !  :o

Here's a little picture, where you can also see my new bathhouse markers and plague tokens in action.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4932.0

Meepledrone:
Ha ha ha!

Looks like crazy fun!  :(y) :(y)

dirk2112:
The plague doesn't work well with anything more than the base game.   With too many tiles, it gets watered down and doesn't have much of an effect.   

I think the actual worst combination would be the Catapult and the Tower.  Imagine knocking the towers over with flying meeples! 

corinthiens13:

--- Quote from: dirk2112 on December 14, 2020, 08:05:34 AM ---The plague doesn't work well with anything more than the base game.   With too many tiles, it gets watered down and doesn't have much of an effect

--- End quote ---

Actually, with about 90 tiles to play on the GB map, it was quite interesting. But more than 100 or 110 tiles would probably have the effect you mentioned.

--- Quote from: dirk2112 on December 14, 2020, 08:05:34 AM ---I think the actual worst combination would be the Catapult and the Tower.  Imagine knocking the towers over with flying meeples!

--- End quote ---

If you look at my first post, you'd see that's what we did  ;D
But luckily we didn't hit any tower with the catapult tokens !

Meepledrone:
Did you manage to hit anything at all? The catapult is flimsy to say the least... Aiming with it is something out of this world!  >:D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version