Carc Central Community > Official Rules

WikiCarpedia: request corrections or submit suggestions here

<< < (32/59) > >>

DIN0:
Nice, thanks!  :orange-meeple:

DIN0:
There is a something interesting I have noticed in the Historical perspective of scoring  page, more specifically in the A summary of changes over time section. The entire page only takes german and english publishers into consideration and the information reflects that. However, publishers in different countries have editions not corresponding to those present in the A summary of changes over time section. For example a Czech/Slovak edition from circa 2002/2003 has the following configurations (following the format of the section):

Scoreboard – 50 points, brown
    Small (2-tile) City – 2 points
    Farmer – stands up (tip: place farmer lying down)
    Farmer scoring – 2nd edition[/li][/list]

I propose to include a disclaimer on the page regarding this issue, something like "The information about release differences is derived from german and english editions only and does not necessarily relfect the situation in countries with different publishers."

Meepledrone:
Thanks for the heads-up.

I added a disclaimer with a similar idea. Let me know if it works for you.
https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Scoring:_A_Historical_Perspective_(1st_edition)

DIN0:
That seems appropriate. Great, thanks! There are in fact other similar cases in the expansion rules such as different points of meeple vs figure distinction recognition or small city score. I suspect those all stem from the source used for translation of the rules and subsequent consistency.

One notable thing (which I am not sure if present in any other publishers or languages) is that Czech/Slovak C1 Exp. 8 rules, constituted the first time the 2-point small city was changed into 4-point small city - and even then the wording implied it was only to be used when playing with that expansion (presumably to make the decision between grabbing the city or converting to castle something actually worth considering).
I could go on and on about these curiosities, but it is no longer relevant - every C2 release is up to date with the 3rd edition rules and figure vs follower distinction.

Meepledrone:
What a mess!!! This is true gaslighting with the rules...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version