Carc Central Community > Reviews & Session Reports

Tile sleeves

<< < (2/5) > >>

DavidY:
has anyone gotten these tile sleeves?

Do tell us how it is like on the actual tiles!

Lotas:
Sleeves for Carc?  Not exactly practical do you think?  The different expansions don't fit together perfectly as it is,  but to wrap all the tiles in plastic too.  Plus I sometimes play BIG games with like 1000 tiles, that sounds costly to outfit them all.

But each to their own.

Paul:

--- Quote from: Lotas on September 17, 2013, 09:30:16 AM ---Sleeves for Carc?  Not exactly practical do you think?  The different expansions don't fit together perfectly as it is,  but to wrap all the tiles in plastic too.  Plus I sometimes play BIG games with like 1000 tiles, that sounds costly to outfit them all.

But each to their own.

--- End quote ---

I suppose it depends on how you see it. Don't get me wrong, I am with you on this.  :meeple: Mostly thinking of the money I save not buying protective gear is money I can invest in more tiles.
  One has to consider, though, what is cheaper? Buying new tiles or getting sleeves. In my case I feel like I rather enjoy the naked tiles as (at the moment) most of my tiles I can go out and buy again because they are almost as cheap as the sleeves (if they were to be sold in a local store).

Lotas:
Exactly.  These aren't magic cards or something, the tiles are pretty durable.  The only tiles of mine that have even a little wear are the base set.  But I've had and been playing with them since 2000!

But I see your point, if somebody only had say the base game and they didn't have the cash to replace the whole set, then sleeves might be the way to go for them.

My mind just boggled at the idea of getting and adding sleeves to like a THOUSAND tiles.  :o

Paul:

--- Quote from: Lotas on September 17, 2013, 10:48:34 AM ---My mind just boggled at the idea of getting and adding sleeves to like a THOUSAND tiles.  :o

--- End quote ---

Laugh. Probably a lot cheaper buying a HUGE cloth sack pulling tiles out of.  :meeple:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version