Author Topic: New Carcassonne App for Android  (Read 68044 times)

Offline Edappi

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: New Carcassonne App for Android
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2016, 08:13:49 AM »
Thanks Dan, I enjoyed it and noticed the bug too. Happy to play with you any time, I accept all invites. Next time, try to create a game with more than two competitors to make things more interesting  :)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2016, 12:55:12 PM »
Thanks Dan, I enjoyed it and noticed the bug too. Happy to play with you any time, I accept all invites. Next time, try to create a game with more than two competitors to make things more interesting  :)

It's hard enough getting a game going with 2 players most of the time! But I'll give it a go in future... ;)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2016, 03:10:25 PM »
@Edappi/ Pade: I've been invited to at least 5 or 6 games recently that have included a variety of expansions and numbers of players. However, another player whose name I think is Zuturo always seems to resign and cancel the game after 1 or 2 tiles. The same thing has happened yet again with your latest game ("Mega") which included just the three of us. Do you have any idea who he is or what's going on? There seems little point joining any games at the moment if this is just going to keep happening... >:(

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2016, 01:18:33 PM »
Just seen the following tweet that may be of interest to those who don't already have the app...

@exozet_games: CARCASSONNE EASTER SALE - 50% OFF via Microsoft Store (W10 only), Google Play, Amazon App Store @MicrosoftStore @amazonappstore @GooglePlay

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2016, 09:54:14 AM »
Just seen the following tweet that may be of interest to those who don't already have the app...

@exozet_games: CARCASSONNE EASTER SALE - 50% OFF via Microsoft Store (W10 only), Google Play, Amazon App Store @MicrosoftStore @amazonappstore @GooglePlay

For $2.49 I bought it.  It isn't bad, but it comes with nothing extra.  For $5 you can get Inns + Cathedrals, Traders + Builders, and Corn Circles.  I didn't pony up for that yet.   Playing without GC11 just isn't the same.  I wonder if there will be a GC11 in the new artwork.

Also, I started an online game with some guy.  We got all the way to 14 tiles left in the game and he disappeared.  The game will come down to whether or not he can merge his farm to mine or not. 

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2016, 10:37:32 AM »
I don't normally mind DLC for games. Especially if it adds more features or mechanics, but I truly detest the idea they can charge someone 99p to 'double the base game'.  Loading the game components and multiplying them by 2 took no effort from their development team.  I achieved the same thing in JCZ in less than 10 minutes and got 140 base games in the mix.

Exozet :(

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2016, 01:58:19 AM »
It's been a while since anyone had anything positive to say about this, so I thought I'd post to say that I had a couple of games against random opponents yesterday and both games worked well and were fun to play. I know it's not in the same league as the iOS app for online play, but it's certainly playable and appears to be much more stable now than it has been in the past. Well done! :) :(y)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2016, 01:59:18 AM »
It's been a while since anyone had anything positive to say about this, so I thought I'd post to say that I had a couple of games against random opponents yesterday and both games worked well and were fun to play. I know it's not in the same league as the iOS app for online play, but it's certainly playable and appears to be much more stable now than it has been in the past. Well done! :) :(y)

Does this mean you would considering changing the thumbs down for this thread? :D
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2016, 02:44:41 AM »
I use the app quite a bit to play a local game against Lukey-Dukey rather than the AI opponents. The lack of expansions for online games is rather limiting though (as is the speed of development), but sometimes it's just easier to play a quick game on the app instead of clearing the table and getting the tiles out. I do quite like the app and it does serve a purpose for us, but I've no idea how it compares to the iOS one.

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2016, 03:30:21 PM »
If you're on Android and have not bought the Carcassonne App from Exozet yet, then this is probably the cheapest that it's ever likely to be. Whilst there may not be frequent updates to fix some of the flaws or add any new expansions, and it's not as polished as the iOS app - I really don't think you can grumble for the price. The app has just gone on sale and dropped 98% to a miniscule 10 pence. I don't even know what you can buy for that amount these days - even a Freddo costs 25p these days!!

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2016, 01:05:10 AM »
If you're on Android and have not bought the Carcassonne App from Exozet yet, then this is probably the cheapest that it's ever likely to be. Whilst there may not be frequent updates to fix some of the flaws or add any new expansions, and it's not as polished as the iOS app - I really don't think you can grumble for the price. The app has just gone on sale and dropped 98% to a miniscule 10 pence. I don't even know what you can buy for that amount these days - even a Freddo costs 25p these days!!

I went to the app store but it shows standard price of 4 Euro. Sale's over?

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2016, 12:00:42 PM »
Nope, still showing as 10p - maybe it's just a UK deal or something then? AppSales is showing a big price drop and just seen it's now the featured app in Google Play store. See below...
Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:11:09 PM by Rich_The_Fish, Reason: Cropped screenshots »

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2016, 12:01:54 PM »

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2016, 12:11:22 PM »
Mine still shows full price. My phone is set to English but no doubt Google goes by my Swedish IP adress. Either way, kinda sucks I can't utilize this.

There's always vpn I suppose.

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2016, 12:17:36 PM »
That's a pain. TBH Paul, I'm not sure it's worth a lot of hassle, it's not that good and the expansions add up. IMG the app is handy if you need a quick fix while away from a computer (ie unable to use JCZ) but definitely not an essential purchase even for collectors. I used their Win 10 app the other night which is identical, but was nice to play on a bigger screen for a change.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne: Amazon Free App of the Day 12/3/13 (Android)

Started by evmillan

0 Replies
Last post December 03, 2013, 03:24:19 PM
by evmillan
xx
Android Carcassonne: 16 March 2015 - Amazon free app of the day

Started by Joff

5 Replies
Last post March 16, 2015, 11:10:32 AM
by kettlefish
xx
Bug in android app, clarification?