Author Topic: ZAMEK – DODATEK SOKÓŁ (The Castle: Falcon Expansion)  (Read 11827 times)

Offline chris6507

• Vassal
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
Re: ZAMEK – DODATEK SOKÓŁ (The Castle: Falcon Expansion)
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2022, 04:11:03 PM »

Good find. Cheaper prices and shipping. However, I can't seem to find the base game of Zamek on their store. Do they not carry it? I need both—my copy of The Castle is in long-term storage and I prefer the new art anyway.

Did you ever find somewhere you were able to order these from? I'm kind of interested here in Australia, but so far had the same sort of luck as you. Wondering if you had any kind of success yet?

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2022, 08:31:52 PM »

Good find. Cheaper prices and shipping. However, I can't seem to find the base game of Zamek on their store. Do they not carry it? I need both—my copy of The Castle is in long-term storage and I prefer the new art anyway.

Did you ever find somewhere you were able to order these from? I'm kind of interested here in Australia, but so far had the same sort of luck as you. Wondering if you had any kind of success yet?
No, none at all. And I’d love to still get them.

Offline Benny

• Freeman
  • Merit: 5
  • Hej!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2022, 02:46:57 AM »
Hi Whaleyland,
according to DHL on their german website there are general problems for deliveries to NZ:

"New Zealand:
•   Because transport capacity to New Zealand is very limited at this time, special measures are required to maintain letter and parcel service. For some products, we have developed a solution that combines air transport to the Middle East or South Asia with subsequent ocean transport, which allows us to avoid re-routing service suspensions. Please note that this combined air/ocean rerouting will result in very lengthy transit times. At present, timeframes of 50 days or more can be expected for service to New Zealand, where transit times are also being impacted by import customs clearance processes at the ports. Should shipment volumes exceed capacity on the direct flights that are available, we reserve the right to transport additional products to the destination country via this combined solution
•   As a result of the airspace bans currently in place over Russia, Ukraine, and other countries, various flight connections have been interrupted, and a number of other connections are being forced to fly a longer route than previously. This increases the amount of fuel required and reduces available transport capacity on these flights. In light of this, longer transit times should currently be expected for shipments to New Zealand. Please understand that we are not in a position to reliably predict the effects that the rapidly changing situation may have at this time

Documents:
•   Service for letter mail items weighing up to 500 g and with a maximum thickness of 2 cm is generally by air freight.
•   Letter mail service for items weighing over 500 g or with a maximum thickness of over 2 cm is generally via the air/ocean rerouting described above
•   These terms also apply for Dialogpost International and Presse International items

Merchandise shipments for private customers:
•   Until further notice, small packages (Päckchen) and parcels (Paket) without Premium service will be sent via combined air/ocean rerouting. Franking is only possible online
•   For faster delivery of merchandise, we recommend sending it as a parcel (Paket) with Premium service. With this product, transport to Australia is via air freight. It can be ordered online and in retail outlets

Merchandise shipments for business/contract customers:
•   Warenpost items can be sent to Australia. Please note that until further notice, these items will also be shipped via combined air/ocean rerouting as described above
•   The DHL Paket International service is available. Please note that a weight-based international crisis surcharge will be applied to each parcel
o   DHL Paket International Economy parcels will also be transported via this combined air/ocean rerouting
o   DHL Paket International Premium will continue to be transported via air freight
The restrictions also apply to New Zealand’s outlying islands."

Source: https://www.dhl.de/en/privatkunden/kampagnenseiten/coronavirus.html#neuseeland
Then choose "Australia & Oceania" and then of course "New Zealand"
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 02:51:18 AM by Benny »

Offline Benny

• Freeman
  • Merit: 5
  • Hej!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2022, 02:54:42 AM »
Hi Whaleyland,
I will write you a PM later the day - it's not yet weekend in europe as it is in NZ, so I still have to work a few hours  :-\

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2022, 03:34:53 AM »
I look forward to your message. And woof! That is one long explanation for why things are taking so long to arrive from DHL. I wonder if that was the case for the Advent event on Cundco. I think it took about 60 days to arrive, IIRC. I love how international media is making things seem so dire for New Zealand. It's annoying and things are certainly more expensive than usual, but it's not so bad and we are finally opening up again. Our national daily Covid cases have been sitting around 8500, which isn't awful although much worse than it was a year ago (0 except at the border).

Offline chris6507

• Vassal
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2022, 06:31:44 AM »
I look forward to your message. And woof! That is one long explanation for why things are taking so long to arrive from DHL. I wonder if that was the case for the Advent event on Cundco. I think it took about 60 days to arrive, IIRC. I love how international media is making things seem so dire for New Zealand. It's annoying and things are certainly more expensive than usual, but it's not so bad and we are finally opening up again. Our national daily Covid cases have been sitting around 8500, which isn't awful although much worse than it was a year ago (0 except at the border).
All my orders from Cundco were between December and February. In order they took approximately 8 weeks, 3 weeks, 7 weeks, 3 weeks & 2 weeks to Australia. So some come through ridiculously slowly, but others super fast. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I don't work in the postal sector.

Hopefully something comes up in the near future. I'll let you know if I come across anything. But been finding it ridiculously hard using google to find Polish results. Lol.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 06:37:22 AM by chris6507 »

Offline LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

• Count
  • Merit: 28
  • updated 2022
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2022, 07:27:42 AM »

Had you already tried it here:
https://ksiegarniainternetowa.co.uk/
Base game and expansion are available:
https://ksiegarniainternetowa.co.uk/en/zamek-5902719470561
https://ksiegarniainternetowa.co.uk/en/gra_zamek_dodatek-5902719477942

Shipping to New Zealand I could choose:
Shipping: (Priority Registered Mail [PI] [- FW]) $13.52 (USD)

Payment options:
payment by Visa / Master Card / Google Pay / Apple Pay
Bank transfer
PayPal payment ( +$2.37 / USD )

Total cost (games + shipping) with all payment methods except paypal:
Total: $47.31 (US Dollars)

I'm looking for:
● Carcassonne shopdisplays (esp.dicegame.+ Minis ger.)
● Carcassonne Στα Κάστρα του Μυστρά (2002) Greek first edition
● Carcassonne - chinese Sur knight kings editions
● ETCOC / WTCOC 2020 commemorative tiles
& more -> https://ibb.co/cCcm4SB

Offline chris6507

• Vassal
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2022, 06:46:24 AM »

Had you already tried it here:

Total cost (games + shipping) with all payment methods except paypal:
Total: $47.31 (US Dollars)

Just had a look and it looks good to Australia. The website is very familiar, but I feel it had some problem last time I looked at it. Maybe it's the one that didn't have the base game when I checked it out last.
Just had one quick question regarding this copy of Zamek. Does the box size match all the other Carcassonne games Carcassonne Spin Offs or is it a different size? Thanks in advance. :-D

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2022, 10:56:42 AM »
The Zamek box is the same size as other spinoffs.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2022, 01:28:27 PM »
I was surprised when I saw how small the box of The Falcon is.
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2022, 02:43:24 AM »
It was designed to fit in the Zamek box, so I wouldn't expect it to be big hahaha
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2022, 02:52:49 AM »
Yep... I saw the pictures, but even so. ;)

Offline lr

• Duke
  • Merit: 2
  • Carcassonne player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2022, 05:27:29 AM »
For those who are interested, I have prepared a French translation of the ZAMEK rules and the Sokol extension.
It's not perfect, but it allows you to play without having to speak Polish.

Offline lr

• Duke
  • Merit: 2
  • Carcassonne player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2022, 05:29:38 AM »
Sokol extension

Offline Linkarssonne (Linksux)

• Duke
  • Merit: 42
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2022, 05:41:44 AM »
Sokol extension
Thanks you ! Nice work

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
First game with Carcassonne: the Castle - Falcon expansion

Started by jungleboy

1 Replies
Last post May 26, 2016, 09:46:04 AM
by jungleboy
xx
Carcassonne: The Castle - The Falcon Expansion

Started by Whaleyland

5 Replies
Last post June 08, 2014, 09:08:30 AM
by Whaleyland
xx
Knizia - Falcon expansion for Carcassonne - "Die Burg" (The Castle)

Started by kettlefish

21 Replies
Last post December 08, 2015, 02:50:07 AM
by quevy
xx
To Castle Or Not To Castle?

Started by danisthirty

10 Replies
Last post November 01, 2015, 01:14:56 AM
by Hounk
xx
Zamek and OCD