Carc Central Community > Reviews & Session Reports

The Barbarian Report: A Little Bit of Everything (20th Anniversary Expansion)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Meepledrone:
Will be the Spiel '21 tile the last instance of C2.1 our eyes will see?  >:D

Bumsakalaka:

--- Quote from: Meepledrone on October 22, 2021, 10:41:33 AM ---Will be the Spiel '21 tile the last instance of C2.1 our eyes will see?  >:D

--- End quote ---
I hope (maybe 0.5% change) that you will not be rigth. But as I said, only for 0,5% (for english men [who is in new york] 200:1)

Whaleyland:

--- Quote from: Bumsakalaka on October 22, 2021, 08:34:24 AM ---Bad news is, that it looks line new design standard. We can call it 2.2? Or 20 but this can be replaced with 2.0. so I prefferen 2.2 used in Peasant revold for first time. We will see how it will be when otherimi will be released. I hope that it will be on december, like last year

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

--- End quote ---
I would definitely call it 2.2, especially since it did not originate with the 20th Anniversary Edition. I suspect like the roll-out of 2.1 that it will take a few years to trickle down from Hans im Glück to its distribution partners, but I also assume the Spiel '21 tile is the final official iteration of 2.1, just like the Spiel '17 tile was the final of 2.0.

I am in the minority with this, I know, but I welcome the change. The tiles look tremendously better than 2.0's tiles and work fine with the 2.1 tiles since the colors still match, but these tiles are the first in Carcassonne's 21-year history to actually depict a lived-in city. It just seems right even if the aesthetics around the edges are less than ideal. The fate of any tile-laying game is that things will be unusual around the edges—Carcassonne has avoided this problem somewhat by making the edges really boring, but making them more exciting naturally leads to other problems.

carlium:
Yes, for sure C. 2.2 (a.k.a. clipped buildings) are here to stay, but what I was trying to say is about the iconography of the 20th expansion, those blue arrows. I feel that they do not fit well with the aesthetic of the tile itself.

:red-meeple:

Bumsakalaka:
Yes. Arrows are by C20 design of box. Which is funny, that rules are "middle age book design" and box and arrows modern design. Sure, they don't fit together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version