Author Topic: Excited to be back playing after we moved house  (Read 968 times)

Offline aletheamartinez

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Excited to be back playing after we moved house
« on: February 17, 2023, 02:47:16 AM »
How to Fix Vacuum Cleaner When It Stops Working: General Vacuum Cleaner Troubleshooting Guide 2023

A well-maintained vacuum cleaner can usually work for years before it begins to show signs of problems. When it finally happens, don’t immediately throw it out and replace it with a new model. Instead, you should try to troubleshoot it first. The process tends to be quite easy and doesn’t require special knowledge or tools.

In this guide, we’ll show you how to fix vacuum cleaner when it runs into a problem. The knowledge here may save you quite a lot of time and money!

How to Deal with a Suction Problem

If your vacuum cleaner suddenly stops sucking in dirt and debris one day, you can try some of the following tricks.

• Check the Suction Hose
When there’s an obstruction inside of the suction hose, air movement is stopped and the vacuum won’t suck in anything. Clear the obstruction and the machine should work normally again.

If the suction hose is removable, do so. Peer into the hose to see if there’s any debris inside (you can use a flashlight to make the job easier). If there is, you can use a bent wire hanger to pry the debris loose.

• Clogged Air Filters
If the air filters are too dirty, air movement passing through won’t be efficient. At a certain point, air won’t be able to pass through the filter altogether, resulting in suction loss.

In that case, you will either have to clean or replace your filter. Check the user’s manual to see if the air filters of your vacuum are washable. If they are, follow the instructions to clean them out. Dry the filters carefully before you put it back in.

If the filters cannot be washed, look online for replacement filters.

• Changing the Vacuum Bag
Got a bagged vacuum? If the vacuum bag is too full, suction performance is going to drop. When that happens, you must know How to change vacuum bag.

Usually, the bag sits inside of a large compartment within the vacuum. Open it up. Then, slide out the cardboard collar that connects the old bag with the vacuum. Slide the collar of the new bag into the slot.

Close the lid of the compartment and you’re done!

What to Do When the Roller Brush Stops Spinning

• Clearing a Brush Jam
The roller brush is one of the most trouble-prone components in a vacuum. It is the part that directly deals with debris and dirt on the floor. Sometimes, these debris and dirt can cause the brush to jam up. For example, if you have to clean pet hair, the hair can tangle itself around the bristles, seizing up the brush.

When the brush jams, it’s important that you stop the vacuum immediately. If it keeps on trying to spin while it’s still clogged, the drive belt may snap.

Use a pair of scissors or razor to cut through the hair, then pick them out one small section after another with a pair of tweezers.

• Replace the Drive Belt
If the drive belt of the brush is broken, it must be replaced for your vacuum to be back to working order. This is a rather complicated procedure and may not be possible on all models. So, check the user’s manual to see if the manufacturer allows it. Additionally, you also have to find replacement drive belts that are compatible with your vacuum model.

Follow the instructions from the manufacturer closely to replace the drive belt. The proper procedure is going to be different from one model and one manufacturer to another.

Conclusion

Though they may seem complicated, vacuum cleaners are actually pretty simple in design. That makes troubleshooting easy, for the most part. We hope this guide has given you a better idea of what to do when your vacuum runs into issues!

Ever wonder how to deep-clean your vacuum air filters? This next article from our team can show you how (https://home.gamer.com.tw/homeindex.php?owner=johnny150586)!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6284.0
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 01:19:54 AM by aletheamartinez »

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
Re: Excited to be back playing after we moved house
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 03:05:41 AM »
I usually like to play with 1 copy of each expansion, mainly as i often combine 3-5 expansions in a game.

If we would play with 1 expansion in a game, i like to add multiple copies of that expansion, to have more 'special' features in the game. Basically diluting the base game.
However, base game only play remains a favourite, although i like big games as well  ;D
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 03:42:30 AM »
I think that Expansions are well balanced with combination of a base game.
When playing multiple expansions, then it also enlarge count of tiles from expansions compared to base game tiles.
And as we know, almost all expansions tile are something extra.
So. We don't need to have multiple copies of same expansions in a game. And it will be still fun. And we usually play games with 150-200 tiles. (I have to count next game, because I thing it's going to be higher number :D)
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Green Builder

• Villein
  • Merit: 2
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 04:33:02 AM »
While I purchased all the major C1 expansions back in the day (aside from Hills & Sheep which I am still very annoyed about)
Have you tried here

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
  • Merit: 92
  • Oh! That’s interesting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2023, 05:03:10 AM »

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2023, 05:39:33 AM »
Welcome to the forum aletheamartinez,

I think it depends on the number of players. We tend to play with only 2 and we've found that usually one major expansion is enough to significantly change a game; with more than enough tiles to mix-up the underlying strategy and ultimately make players adapt their tactics.  It may take a couple of games with each expansion for players to learn the new mechanics and their full potential, but I love the variety a single expansion can bring.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Things to get Excited About at Essen2015

Started by Decar

17 Replies
Last post October 10, 2015, 11:36:40 AM
by Decar
moved
MOVED: NOËL

Started by Meepledrone

0 Replies
Last post December 17, 2023, 12:06:37 PM