Author Topic: Meeple Stickers  (Read 4389 times)

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
Meeple Stickers
« on: May 03, 2016, 02:57:06 PM »
I found that my local store has old Spielbox magazines.  They were hidden in the area where you can paint your miniatures.  I got really excited hoping to find something really cool or rare.  The only Carcassonne issue was the one that contains the meeple stickers.  My wife wanted to buy them, but I did not.  I liked the idea of meeple stickers, but I worried that I would regret putting them on my brightly colored happy meeple. 

Did anyone actually use these?  If not, is there any really cool uses for them aside from decorating a game shelf or box?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2699.0

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
Re: Meeple Stickers
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 04:37:38 PM »
I put them on my second set of meeples from Wheel of Fortune. It wasn't ideal, but it works. I honestly don't ever play with that set, though. I don't even like the stickers on my Star Wars Carcassonne meeples. Too gaudy.

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 09:45:17 AM »
While Z-Man hasn't managed to get the 20th Anniversary distributed yet, there is the sticker set. One of my kids is pretty excited about them. We've been looking into stickers for meeples, and it seems like, as this thread indicates, that the 20th Anniversary is not the first set of stickers that HiG has made. I looked on cundco and didn't see any old stock. Do people have links or references to official HiG stickers for Carc that they have done before? I might have missed it in the wiki, though I searched there, too. -  :pink-meeple:

Offline supertopix

• Count
  • Merit: 3
  • I have updated my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 10:26:42 AM »
While Z-Man hasn't managed to get the 20th Anniversary distributed yet, there is the sticker set. One of my kids is pretty excited about them. We've been looking into stickers for meeples, and it seems like, as this thread indicates, that the 20th Anniversary is not the first set of stickers that HiG has made. I looked on cundco and didn't see any old stock. Do people have links or references to official HiG stickers for Carc that they have done before? I might have missed it in the wiki, though I searched there, too. -  :pink-meeple:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameaccessory/138364/carcassonne-meeple-stickers

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 10:29:34 AM »
nice, thanks.

Offline InsaneLiz

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 12:09:42 PM »
https://nostheide.de/webshop3/product_info.php?products_id=177

They still sell the magazine with stickers :)

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2021, 12:33:13 PM »
https://nostheide.de/webshop3/product_info.php?products_id=177

They still sell the magazine with stickers :)

Thanks, might have to be some Christmas gifts for the kids -  :pink-meeple:

Offline coldhands

• Freeman
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2021, 06:43:13 PM »
Well.... I don't see why I will put sticker on my meeple.... Maybe attracking for kid, but not for my gaming table

But I have some questions:

How long do they stick well (before there coming appart)?

How about the look of the stickers?
Working on fan expansion: Dark Tower of city defence, the Dictator, the Rocker

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2021, 07:22:53 PM »
Maybe attracking for kid

Exactly, sir. As a parent, I will do a lot to grab my kids' attention and get them move involved into anything that they show even the slightest interest in besides YouStupid and TikCrap. I can get an extra set of meeples to sticker up on at a low enough price point, that it is really worth it to try to engage constructively with my kids (and their friends) and get them to think, use their minds, and get away from the screen. -  :pink-meeple:

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2021, 11:15:57 PM »
Keeping your kids away from any screen is commendable mission indeed!  ;D
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2021, 04:59:05 PM »
Out of curiosity, it appears as though there are stickers for six sets (yellow, blue, green, red, black, and grey) for 8 meeples, one big meeple, and one pig for each of the six sets. However, right smack dab in the middle row of the sticker sheet, it looks there are stickers for 4 more meeple and one more big meeple. Any experience or thoughts about people did with this extra set of stickers, besides being placed on a door nob or furniture, which is where many stickers in my household end up? -  :pink-meeple:

Offline KBellon

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2021, 12:55:10 PM »
I like the Star Wars stickers, as they are appropriate to the game.
I feel the stickers in the 20th anniversary edition don't add much. In fact, I found them annoying. Tried it on the abbots and removed them after one game. But it's a personal preference I think ;)

Offline chris6507

• Vassal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2022, 03:16:58 PM »
Is there anyone who has applied the meeple stickers able to provide some kind of review on their quality? I'd be interested in applying them to my 20th anniversary set as I already have another two sets of meeples, but don't really want to do it if they are just going to fall apart or fall off. So do they look good applied and how well do they stay applied? Would love to hear your thoughts!

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2022, 05:24:25 PM »
Since the 20th Anniversary Edition provided me with an extra *cough* fifth *cough* set of meeples, I did apply them. They are of identical quality to the Spielbox stickers from about eight years ago, which I applied to my Wheel of Fortune meeples back then. My advice for applying them is carefully position them on each side of the meeple and then use your fingers to squeeze the meeple for about five seconds. Make sure your hands are on the warmer side, too. This will get the sticker's glue nice and deep into the meeple. I have done that with all of the meeple from this set (as well as a pink set sans the pink Abbot, which I am still waiting for from my Advent order of over a month ago now). I don't think any of the stickers have fallen off or gotten loose. That being said, the stickers are fairly obvious. The sides are thick enough to be visible on the meeples and because the wood grain is not flat, there are small air pockets across the sticker. I personally think they look fine and I prefer these stickers far more than the Spielbox stickers, but I recommend applying them only if this is your second (or more) set of meeples.

Offline Drodo

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2022, 09:16:48 PM »
You can buy a 2nd used Carcassonne set for like $15 and put the stickers in those for your wife. In Europe they go for like 6 Euro.

Bad husband!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Spiel des Jahres stickers?

Started by Willem

2 Replies
Last post February 14, 2023, 11:19:45 AM
by Willem
question
1 Gold Meeple 1 Silber Meeple 1 Bronce Meeple

Started by nili3000042

4 Replies
Last post March 21, 2022, 07:46:56 AM
by Halfling
xx
Large meeple vs. small meeple farmers

Started by rbanks88

3 Replies
Last post May 17, 2021, 12:18:24 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
WTB: The Collector’s Case, Plushie Meeple, Jelly Meeple, etc.

Started by asp204

0 Replies
Last post December 21, 2020, 06:07:08 AM
by asp204
xx
Crop circles: is itpossible to add more than one meeple close to another meeple?

Started by carca82

2 Replies
Last post July 31, 2022, 12:56:35 PM
by Meepledrone