Author Topic: Bards of Carcassonne Fan Expansion  (Read 1071 times)

Offline PapaGeek

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • The box needs a highly addictive warning label
    • View Profile
Bards of Carcassonne Fan Expansion
« on: February 03, 2023, 11:08:15 AM »
This is a very interesting expansion.  The player who draws a Bards tile has to give an advantage to all of the other players, not your own advantage!

Does anyone have any of the images of the 7 tiles that were part of the Bards fan expansion?

Yes, the tiles only exist in C1 format, but the link provided on the WikiCarPedia page for the Bards expansion only pops up an error message that we don’t have “permission” to upload the file so we can see the tiles!

It would be interesting to see what features were on the original Bards tiles.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6265.0
Totally addicted to this game

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
  • Merit: 34
  • Fight, Flight, Freeze ..... or Play :)
    • View Profile
Re: Bards of Carcassonne Fan Expansion
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 11:33:23 AM »
You can find all fan-expansions in the Downloads section.
https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?action=downloads

In the WICA there are only very few ones.

Direct link to the bards is this one: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=193

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 207
  • Ummm and Ahhh! Can't decide!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 11:48:43 AM »
... but the link provided on the WikiCarPedia page for the Bards expansion only pops up an error message that we don’t have “permission” to upload the file so we can see the tiles!

Bards (by trebuchet) is available through both CarcC and CarcF - there are links to both on the Fan Expansion Selector page.

The CarcC entry takes you to the Downloads page, but the actual expansion file is then on Mediafire.

On CarcF, there are two options, Google and Dropbox (if you have been granted access to the Downloads area). I tend to pick Dropbox as Google sometimes asks for a log in, or asks you to send a message to the owner to give you explicit permission to access the file.

Was this what you did? What link did you try to follow?

I usually find Mediafire opens up separate advertising windows through the browser - personally I don't like this approach, but realise that this host was widely used 10 or more years ago as a shared file store.

I've also taken a look at the page on WICA that's been created for "The Bards of Carcassonne". It appears to be "Under Construction". The rules are present, but there are no images.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 12:22:38 PM by wolnic »
AutumnForest (C2), Catch Of The Day (C1/2/WD), Cliffs&W'falls (C1/2), Coast (C1/2), FishHuts (C2), Fluvium (C2), NewForest (C2), Harvest (C1/2), Stone Circles (C1/2), Wells (C2), Jordan River 2 (AotC), River I/II (GR)
Devt: Sakura (C2), WinterEdge (C1), WinterCoast (WD/WE) and others

Offline PapaGeek

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • The box needs a highly addictive warning label
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2023, 12:43:15 PM »
Thanks, I was able to follow the download link to search for “bards” then download the file.  I copied the zip file to my desktop and opened it.  There is basically nothing special about the tiles that have the Bard symbol on them.

We like the idea of having another way to make features more valuable, like the Inns and Cathedrals expansion, and the idea that you can only make them more valuable for the other players is even more interesting.

We are seriously considering using all 24 River I & II tiles, placing something like a gold ingot on an unoccupied feature when you draw a river tile that does not include a road or city.  Then, after all 24 river tiles have been played, there will be a number of unoccupied, extra value, features available for each player to choose from. Might make the start of each game more interesting.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2023, 12:48:34 PM »
@PapaGeek ask @Snearone for C2 version.
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Bards of Carcassonne - Small city with Note converted to Castle

Started by Bumsakalaka

7 Replies
Last post January 23, 2022, 11:26:00 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Bards of Carcassonne - pennants (and wells)

Started by stalcupojoy

0 Replies
Last post December 05, 2016, 12:46:48 AM
by stalcupojoy
xx
Printing and trimming Carcassonne fan-expansion tiles

Started by PapaGeek

0 Replies
Last post August 02, 2023, 07:11:00 AM
by PapaGeek
xx
Fan Expansion List in WICA