Carc Central Community > Community Rules (Meepledrone & Friends)

Markets of Leipzig - Bookbinders quarter bonus and empty monasteries

<< < (2/3) > >>

kettlefish:

--- Quote from: Meepledrone on January 29, 2022, 01:50:04 PM ---Thanks @Kettlefish for including your answers to this question.

It's been a long and interesting afternoon/evening.  :(y) :(y)

--- End quote ---
Yes it was a long day. But I think, the results are very interesting. And I did my vote.

Meepledrone:
Thank you for your sensible vote!  ;D

Vital Pluymers:
If an unoccupied cloister can trigger the completion of a castle, then I believe it could also trigger the Bookbinder's bonus.

Meepledrone:
The Bookbinders quarter is triggered by the scoring of an occupied monastery (any player will do). When an unoccupied monastery is completed nobody scores its points.

If the completed unoccupied monastery is in a castle fief, it will trigger the scoring of the castle. Note that the castle would score the same points as the monastery is worth, but it does not score the monastery itself.

So, a castle should not trigger the Tanners quater bonus for a monastery in any case. Besides, note that a castle may be scoring points for one out of several features completed in its fief, and the castle's owner may decide to not score points for a completed monastery because there were other features worth more points.

Vital Pluymers:

--- Quote from: Meepledrone on February 09, 2022, 04:28:48 PM ---If the completed unoccupied monastery is in a castle fief, it will trigger the scoring of the castle. Note that the castle would score the same points as the monastery is worth, but it does not score the monastery itself.

--- End quote ---

That is clear. If a completed unoccupied monastery is in a castle's fief, the castle owner scores 9 points for the completed castle, eventually increased by additional points for vineyards, etc.

--- Quote from: Meepledrone on February 09, 2022, 04:28:48 PM ---So, a castle should not trigger the Tanners quater bonus for a monastery in any case. Besides, note that a castle may be scoring points for one out of several features completed in its fief, and the castle's owner may decide to not score points for a completed monastery because there were other features worth more points.

--- End quote ---

That is evident.

--- Quote from: Meepledrone on February 09, 2022, 04:28:48 PM ---The Bookbinders quarter is triggered by the scoring of an occupied monastery (any player will do). When an unoccupied monastery is completed nobody scores its points.

--- End quote ---
Here I don't agree.

Bookbinders quarter: For each scoring of a completed monastery (as well for monasteries of other players) you get 4 bonus points.

The Bookbinders quarter is triggered by the scoring of a completed monastery. Basegame rules: The player must score any feature completed by tile placement. Scoring of a feature is triggered by the completion of a feature.
A monastery is completed when it is completely surrounded by tiles. During scoring, the monastery is worth 1 point per tile that completes it (including the monastery itself).

My interpretation is that all completed features are scored, but if it is unoccupied (hence nobody has a majority) nobody actually receives points.

That would imply that the Bookbinders quarter is triggered by the completion of any monastery, occupied or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version