Author Topic: WTB: Expansion # 9 - Hills & Sheep  (Read 7901 times)

Offline Robert King

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • King of Carcassonne
    • View Profile
WTB: Expansion # 9 - Hills & Sheep
« on: April 27, 2017, 02:21:10 PM »
I desperately want to purchase Expansion # 9 - Hills & Sheep.
Will someone please be so kind to help me locate a seller?
Thank you and have a Wonderful Day!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3289.0
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 10:09:38 PM by MrNumbers, Reason: Thread name changed »

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
Re: In Need Of - Expansion # 9 - Hills & Sheep
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 11:05:26 PM »
Www.cundco.de    :)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 02:03:03 AM »
Welcome to Carcassonne Central Robert King, I see this is your first post!

Please excuse aenima's excited response, The URL provided is to the German publisher's store, which still has some copies.

Your profile says you're in the United States however, which makes it a little harder due to postage costs.

BoardGame geek has lots of European Sellers but no US based ones:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/153773/carcassonne-hills-sheep/marketplace/geekmarket?pageid=1

The latest Big Box contains Hills and Sheep (and some other expansions) which may be worth considering too.

I'm sure one of our West-Atlantic followers can point you in the right direction.   :(y) :(y)

Offline Robert King

• Vagabond
  • King of Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 04:59:21 AM »
Thank you both sharing your valuable time with me, and responding to my post, as it is greatly appreciated.

I will follow all of your advice and guidance.

Have a Spectacular Day!

Offline JoeSesquipedalian

• Duke
  • Merit: 10
  • ǝuuossɐɔɹɐɔ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 06:41:43 AM »
If you have an Amazon US account, it also works on the German Amazon site.  Click on the little globe icon to change the site language to English.

German Sheep & Hills Amazon.com
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 07:34:03 AM by Decar, Reason: Corrected Link »
Who got a smudge on the tile?

Offline Dragonlord

• Count
  • Merit: 15
  • More complex is, more I like it.
    • View Profile
    • Land of Dragons
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 10:24:53 AM by Dragonlord, Reason: sold »

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 01:33:41 PM »
I live in the U.S. (Virginia), and last week I ordered the German editions of Hills & Sheep and Bridges, Castles, & Bazaars from amazon.de. At the last minute I added a copy of Count, King, & Robber; I could see it would not further increase the shipping cost, so another 11.59 Euro seemed like a reasonably economical way to get more specialty tiles and another River II (I've kind of always wanted a second river fork).

If you have Amazon Prime (US), unfortunately it won't help you on other countries' amazon sites. On the plus side, the prices will be lower than what you see because they will subtract the VAT once they know you're in the U.S.

In related news, FWIW, I tried every way I could think of to order one of the Big Boxes (I desperately need the larger box, as well as some of the components that are only feasible to get that way) but none of the reasonably-priced shippers will ship to U.S. addresses. The ones that charge over $100 for a BB, of course, will. :(  I tried a bunch of other amazons as well — Italy, Spain, Portugal, UK, Canada, Australia, Mexico, can't remember how many others — and they all either (a) didn't have it, (b) wouldn't ship it to the U.S., or (c) wanted me to sell a kidney so I could afford it.

Anyway ... my biggest concern is that the shipper is i-Parcel :P.  Since ordering, I've read tons of horror stories about this shipping "service" and now I'm waiting to see if my package will be lost, damaged, or just cavalierly sent back to amazon.de for no good reason (something I've read about a lot). Already the package sat without moving for three days and then my history got the mysterious update, "Problem resolved and parcel is in transit." Great.

From what I've read, tracking information is rubbish and my experience bears that out. I have tracking codes with UPS, i-Parcel (which is UPS but sounds like they think they are separate), and the US Postal Service. USPS has no information yet, of course. i-Parcel says the package is due on May 9. UPS says it will be delivered today (April 28), which is flat-out wrong and flat-out stupid.

So I'm not trying to scare you away from ordering (hey, I took the plunge!) but maybe you won't have to be surprised like I was that the shipping process is dominated by chaos, bogus information, poor service, and multiple hand-offs.

I'll try to post updates on how well or not-so-well it all goes.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 01:36:51 PM by Just a Bill »
My stuff: The Caverns of Carcassonne | Wheel of Fortune versions | True North (wind roses) | Icon facelifts | Converting CII to CI | Signposts & the Château | The Vault | Riverboats & the Whirlpool | trade list

Offline AdamJBavier

• Villein
  • Merit: 3
  • Maybe time to slow my orders...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 06:13:03 PM »
My first Amazon.it order was shipped via UPS i Parcel and it took 9 days to get to me in the US. Amazon. De and IT say 10 days, so it was on schedule.  I would not worry if your package sat for 3 days. 

Amazon Italy was the cheapest place I found to buy big box 5 and it was sold by Amazon so no messing with other sellers.  I wrote a post on here about how to save on conversion fees,  but I'm on my phone and can't easily look out up.

Offline Robert King

• Vagabond
  • King of Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 06:32:34 PM »
I greatly appreciate all the responses.  It means much to me that people take time out of their busy schedules to read my post, and provide feedback with good intentions of helping out.  THANK YOU!

I have successfully purchased Expansion # 9 - Hills & Sheep (German Version) from an Amazon user from the state of Illinois, per Dragonlord's suggestion.  I also searched online, and successfully located and purchased the English version of the rules.

I am delightfully pleased with the assistance I received from this forum, and my excitement for receiving the expansion and rules is high.

Thank you and have a Wonderful Day!

Offline Dragonlord

• Count
  • Merit: 15
  • More complex is, more I like it.
    • View Profile
    • Land of Dragons
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 09:41:08 PM »
It's a pleasure to have helped you  :black1-meeple:

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 01:13:15 AM »
Glad we could help you Robert! It's great seeing our community jump to help another Carcassonne fan.

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how you did.

Good luck with your order - I hope it arrives safely!

Offline Robert King

• Vagabond
  • King of Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2017, 09:14:54 AM »
Thank You Decar!

As I piece together my Carcassonne Collection, I might have some questions that seem pretty silly to professionals, such as yourself.

For example: Is the "Scout" the same as the "Robber"?

I purchased Expansion # 6 - Count, King, & Robber, should I also purchase the Mini Expansion - King & Scout, to have both the Robber and the Scout, or are they the same character?

Thank you for all your advice and guidance.

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2017, 09:50:33 AM »
Welkome Robert King,

If you have Expansion 6 you don't have to buy King and Scout because this doesn't invulde extra tiles unless you want the tiles for another game: Hunters & gatherers. In this link you see wich tiles King and Scout includes : https://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/9/9954.phtml

Offline Robert King

• Vagabond
  • King of Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2017, 10:07:34 AM »
Hello Thodekey,

Thank you for saving me some money, as I would have purchased the King & Scout, thinking that the Scout was different from the Robber.

My desire is to have completeness without duplication.

Have a Spectacular Day!

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2017, 10:10:33 AM »
No problem. We have the same desire as long as the price is right.
Stil on my list:
-Kathars
-Tunnels

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
The Barbarian Report: Drunken Sheep Over Hill and Dale (Sheep & Hills Review)

Started by Whaleyland

9 Replies
Last post April 23, 2014, 12:05:33 PM
by obervet
xx
Sheep & Hills - question regarding Hills

Started by Carcking

4 Replies
Last post May 02, 2014, 08:58:14 PM
by Scott
xx
WTB: Abbey & Mayor, Hills & Sheep in "old" art style

Started by DrManhattan

1 Replies
Last post July 07, 2019, 02:05:06 PM
by Halfling
xx
WTB C1 Expansion 9 Hills & Sheep Box, Cardboard Insert and Instruction sheet

Started by dronedrone

3 Replies
Last post March 09, 2023, 04:01:34 AM
by dronedrone
xx
[WTB] Tower / Hills&Sheep / School / Little Buildings / Purple + Pink Meeple Set

Started by blaice

5 Replies
Last post April 27, 2018, 05:41:29 PM
by blaice