Author Topic: 30th Anniversary Gathering of Friends Meeple  (Read 411 times)

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
30th Anniversary Gathering of Friends Meeple
« on: January 20, 2024, 04:21:43 AM »
Hey all!

A while back, someone shared an eBay listing for a bag with translucent meeple. This set was said to be a special giveaway at the Gathering of Friends convention in 2019. One of only 300 sets.

As I hadn't heard of these yet, and the asking price was very high, I actually contacted HiG to ask if they knew about these, and if they could confirm they were indeed from a giveaway from them.

Very soon, I got a response, that they indeed were involved with a giveaway at the Gathering of Friends. Moritz had commented that he remembered these, and I was told that if something has the HiG and Cundco logos, it's often really from them, as not many people internationally know of Cundco so they want to promote that.

So I contacted the seller on eBay, to see if something could be worked out. The eBay global shipping put a very high shipping price on them, so I was hesitant for that, but fairly quickly the seller suggested to continue the conversation on BGG.
On BGG we managed to work something out, and a few days ago I received them!

The Gathering of Friends convention seems to be an invitation only event, in the US. Haven't been able to find much about it, other than some reports from people who've been.
When talking on discord, the general thought seems to be that the organisers may have gotten a bunch of meeple sets from HiG and put the sticker on the bags, with their permission of use if the logos.

HiG confirmed that they are the standard translucent meeple sets, but somehow I still wanted them, so here we go!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6574.0
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Gathering Wind Roses (Die Windrosen) Info from the Four Corners of the Earth...

Started by kothmann

8 Replies
Last post February 09, 2022, 02:12:40 PM
by kothmann
xx
How to play online with my friends

Started by supertopix

14 Replies
Last post May 25, 2020, 10:51:45 AM
by Sinscerly
xx
Need friends on iOS

Started by Cyberbeni

0 Replies
Last post December 20, 2016, 06:25:01 PM
by Cyberbeni
xx
BGA friends

Started by Halfling

0 Replies
Last post May 25, 2020, 06:48:40 AM
by Halfling
xx
Meetup with friends—23rd April—D20 Watford (aka GBRBGWEGB)

Started by Decar

5 Replies
Last post April 28, 2022, 10:58:39 PM
by wallaceprime