Author Topic: Clarification of rules (Russian Promos) - with Hobby World - 17 11 2021  (Read 3885 times)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Today I exchanged some emails with Hobby World about the Solovei Razboynik and Vodyanoy tiles, and these are the clarifications I got from the designer of the tiles.

Following Kettlefish's tradition...

Question in BLUE

Answer in GREEN

Still open in RED

My own comments in  MAROON

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5545.0
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Clarification of rules (Russian Promos) - with Hobby World - 17 11 2021
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 10:22:15 AM »
[Q1] If you check the image attached, there the red player places a tile with a meeple that should be trapped at the same time by Solovei Razboynik (the meeple is on a road connected to the Solovei Razboynik's tree) and by Vodyanoy (the meeple is on an adjacent tile to Vodyanoy's lake). Which tile should trap the meeple? Is Vodyanoy stronger than Solovei Razboynik in case of conflict (both tiles could be placed together)?

[A1] Vodyanoy is definitely stronger than Solovei Razboynik, so Vodyanoy captures the meeple in the given example. Reminder: you may release your captured meeple during your next turn if you're not placing a new one.

Note: It is pretty pointless to place your meeple on a tile connected to the Solovei Razboynik tree as it will be trapped right away (in this case, by both Solovei and/or Vodyanoi). These tiles are primarily for removing your opponents' meeples, not for giving away your own. The important thing in this example was to establish which tile was the most powerful. ;)

Note 2: A meeple spends at least one turn captured by Solovei Razboynink or Vodyanoy as you can see in this clarification. It's owner cannot remove it until their following turn if no other action is performed in Step 2B-1

EDIT: Added second note.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 12:56:37 PM by Meepledrone »

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 10:44:21 AM »
Suicide movement? emoji code2957]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 11:08:08 AM »
[Q2.1] Can Solovei Razboynik trap a builder placed on a road connected to the tree or is it just removed after the meeple supporting it is trapped by Solovei Razboynik?

[A2.1] If there is more than one player figure on a road where the Tree tile is attached, Solovei Razboynik usually captures one meeple (or special figure) that is closest to the Tree. However, if there are two equally distant meeples or special figures, both of them are captured.

Ooops! We always assumed that Solovei would capture all the meeples on the road no matter the distance.

[Q2.2] So, this capture would happen when placing the Solovei Razobynik tile or when extending the road with the Solovei tile (for example, when connecting other roads to it). It it correct?

[A2.2] Yes, we have these two cases:
1. After attaching the Solovei Razboynik tile, if there are any meeples (or special figures) on the road, the closest one (or several if at the same distance) is/are captured.
2. If at any time later in the game, there is another road attached to the Solovei Razboynik tile, look for the closest meeple(s)/special figures(s) again. One or several of them are captured again.

This means you remove meeples gradually on each tile placement extending the road with the Solovei Razboynik tile. If eventually completed, a player might score points for the road with the Solovei Razboynik tile after all. The player with the majority may need several meeples on the road to achive this.

[Q2.3] If you don't extend the road with the Solovei Razboynik tile but you manage to place a meeple on it, does this action trigger the meeple capture automatically?
Note 1: You may place the meeple on the road with a magic portal, a flying machine, a crop circle, or by deploying a meeple from the city of Carcassonne before scoring or by moving a wagon after scoring.
Note 2: If the capture is triggered, this might affect meeples closer to the Solovei Razboynik tile than the one just placed in some of these cases.

[A2.3] Correct, if there is a meeple appearing on a road, the Solovei Razboynik tile is triggered and you resolve the capture again.

By analogy, placing meeples on tiles adjacent to the Vodyanoy tile would trigger their capture as well.

[Q2.4] If you extend the road with the Solovei Razboynik tile by moving a ferry or you complete one of its ends with an abbey tile, do these actions trigger the meeple capture automatically?
Note: If the capture is triggered, this might affect meeples closer to the Solovei Razboynik tile than the ones just connected, if any.

[A2.4] Only a meeple within a newly attached part of the road would trigger the Solovei Razboynik tile.
So, if there is a meeple within the road extended by a ferry, then yes, the meeple capture is triggered.
This is not the case when completing a road with an abbey tile, so the meeple capture does not happen there.

This means that extending a road by moving a ferry will only trigger the Solovei Razboynik tile if the added road segment has at least one new meeple. In this case, the meeple capture would affect the resulting road. Since an abbey cannot add new tiles to the road with one or more meeples, it will not trigger the Solovei Razboynik tile.

EDIT: Added questions Q2.3 and Q2.4
EDIT 2: Added comment to Q2.4
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 12:52:22 PM by Meepledrone »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 11:17:30 AM »
[Q3.1] Can Vodyanoy trap special figures on adjacent tiles such as the builder and the pig, and the shepherd? We assume that Vodyanoy should not be able to capture barns since they are not placed on a particular tile.

[A3.1] Correct. After placing the Vodyanoy tile, it captures all of the figures on adjacent tiles, except for the neutral ones (such as the fairy). The tile designer said that you can refer to the rules for the dragon on this one.

The last sentence means that Vodyanoy will affect any player figures affected by the dragon, and will follow as well the same restrictions (i.e. areas not affected).

[Q3.2] Can any meeples captured by Solovei Razboynik or Vodyanoy be eaten by the dragon?

[A3.2] Yes, the dragon eats everyone.

[Q3.3] Can any meeples captured by Solovei Razboynik or Vodyanoy be captured by a tower?

[A3.3] Yes, a tower can capture meeples from the Solovei Razboynik tile or the Vodyanoy tile.

EDIT: Added sentence about dragon and additional comment.
EDIT 2: Added questions Q3.2 and Q3.3.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 09:40:44 AM by Meepledrone »

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2021, 09:51:14 PM »
[Q3] Can Vodyanoy trap special figures on adjacent tiles such as the builder and the pig, and the shepherd? We assume that Vodyanoy should not be able to capture barns since they are not placed on a particular tile.

[A3] Correct. After placing the Vodyanoy tile, it captures all of the figures on adjacent tiles, except for the neutral ones (such as the fairy).
Capture everything except neutral… got it

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2021, 09:51:40 PM »
[Q2.1] Can Solovei Razboynik trap a builder placed on a road connected to the tree or is it just removed after the meeple supporting it is trapped by Solovei Razboynik?

[A2.1] If there is more than one player figure on a road where the Tree tile is attached, Solovei Razboynik usually captures one meeple (or special figure) that is closest to the Tree. However, if there are two equally distant meeples or special figures, both of them are captured.

Ooops! We always assumed that Solovei would capture all the meeples on the road no matter the distance.

[Q2.2] So, this capture would happen when placing the Solovei Razobynik tile or when extending the road with the Solovei tile (for example, when connecting other roads to it). It it correct?

[A2.2] Yes, we have these two cases:
1. After attaching the Solovei Razboynik tile, if there are any meeples (or special figures) on the road, the closest one (or several if at the same distance) is/are captured.
2. If at any time later in the game, there is another road attached to the Solovei Razboynik tile, look for the closest meeple(s)/special figures(s) again. One or several of them are captured again.

This means you remove meeples gradually on each tile placement extending the road with the Solovei Razboynik tile. If eventually completed, a player might score points for the road with the Solovei Razboynik tile after all. The player with the majority may need several meeples on the road to achive this.
Like snake game hahaha

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2021, 10:01:47 PM »
Hmm. Interesting. It change whole strategy  to catch all meeples on one tile. Hmmm

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2021, 10:27:18 PM »
But it confirms opportunity to chatch all builders by road for example.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2021, 10:54:50 PM »
Still waiting to answer for question: What if meeple is already in Trap (Solovei Razboynik or Barber Surgeon) and placed Vodyanoy tile as adjacent tile to a Trap.

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2021, 09:49:41 AM »
Still waiting to answer for question: What if meeple is already in Trap (Solovei Razboynik or Barber Surgeon) and placed Vodyanoy tile as adjacent tile to a Trap.
I don’t understand the question…

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2021, 10:23:47 AM »

1. There is openrpad with meeple
2. You place Solovey Razboynik
3. Meeple on road is moved to Solovey's tree.
4. In next turn is placed Vodyanoy

Is meeple from Solovey's tree moved to Vodyanoy?

Similar situation if you have meeple in bad.

Another question is if Vodyanoy affect also meeple on tower pieces. Technically not but by following Tower rule yes.

And also another question by Meepledrone aboutemoji code236] Dragon. What happend when dragon is placed to Vodyanoy or Solovey Razboynik tile.

What about plague?

What about Crop Circles - here can be solution easy. After moved meeple to Vodyanoy they lost their "position". So it was just rhetorical question.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2021, 12:02:43 PM »
I have another question.
By rules of Solovei Razboinik: meeple is trapped when Solovei tree tile is connected to road with meeple, or this road is enlarged or another road with meeple is connected to road with Solovei tree.
Is meeple (or special figure) traped when I place it to existing road? For example placed Builder, or placed meeple by Flier / Magic Portal / Crop Circles etc without enlarge original road?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2021, 12:17:50 PM »

Vodyanoy will capture the meeples sent to any of those tiles.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2021, 12:37:40 PM »

1. There is openrpad with meeple
2. You place Solovey Razboynik
3. Meeple on road is moved to Solovey's tree.
4. In next turn is placed Vodyanoy

Is meeple from Solovey's tree moved to Vodyanoy?

Vodyanoy is stronger and will trap any meeples trapped by Solovei Razboynik.

Similar situation if you have meeple in bad.

Vodyanoy affect bathhouses too for the sake of consistency.

This expansion hasn't been released in Russia so I didn't ask them about this case.

Another question is if Vodyanoy affect also meeple on tower pieces. Technically not but by following Tower rule yes.

Vodyanoy will affect any meeple (or special figure) placed on an adjacent tile, no matter where it is placed (including a tower or a bridge). Meeples in a castle or barns will not be affected. Meeples in special areas will not affected either (city of Carcassonne, City of Leipzig, Wheel of Fortune) for the sake of consistency. I didn't include a note from Hobby World above regarding Vodyanoy:
The tile designer says that you can refer to the rules for the dragons on this one.

So anything affected by the dragon, would be captured by Vodyanoy.

And also another question by Meepledrone aboutemoji code236] Dragon. What happend when dragon is placed to Vodyanoy or Solovey Razboynik tile.

Dragon logic... Yummy lunch! Meeples and special figures are removed.

What about plague?

We apply the dragon logic to The Plague as usual. This is a question for Christwart Conrand, the author of The Plague, but he knows the base game and very little about other expansions... So, Feast for Fleas! Meeples and special figures are removed.

What about Crop Circles - here can be solution easy. After moved meeple to Vodyanoy they lost their "position". So it was just rhetorical question.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
[WTB] Russian Promos

Started by WarHippy

1 Replies
Last post October 30, 2018, 10:54:03 AM
by Push
xx
Sheet with 3 sets of Russian Promos on sale

Started by Meepledrone

7 Replies
Last post November 23, 2021, 09:19:13 AM
by konrad2605
xx
WTB / WTT Russian Promos - second set

Started by gabrielgeek

0 Replies
Last post January 25, 2020, 02:33:44 AM
by gabrielgeek
xx
WTB: Corn Circles I, Cathedrals, Labyrinth, and Russian Promos

Started by CovertOps

14 Replies
Last post October 20, 2016, 03:14:00 PM
by Jesusgcas
xx
WTS LATEST RUSSIAN PROMOS (Solovei Razboynik & Vodyanoy)

Started by DavidY

16 Replies
Last post July 02, 2018, 09:25:07 AM
by asp204