Author Topic: Are there players here who actually do play with the new edition (CC II)?  (Read 6713 times)

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
  • Merit: 34
  • Fight, Flight, Freeze ..... or Play :)
    • View Profile
Re: Are there players here who actually do play with the new edition (CC II)?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2021, 07:28:56 AM »
C2 only.  I like Mega-Carcassonne with all (mini)expansions released for C2, including Spiel Doch! Promo 2/2018, Spiel Promos and The Labyrinth (no CnP and PnP). House rules are forbidden; only official rules (where there is no official clarification - an interpretation; like https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Abbot#cite_note-15 and https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Princess_and_The_Dragon#cite_note-23).

Hi Carcassonne93, another C2 player  :) :)
what is CnP and PnP?? Sorry, but I have no idea...
And your contribution to the Wikicarpedia is impressive, ... I can understand your merits  :(y) :)

Cut & Play (CnP) / Print & Play (PnP): https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page#Cut_.26_Play_.2F_Print_.26_Play_Expansions and https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page#Print_.26_Play_Expansions.

ah, thanks a lot for the explanation!  :(y)

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2021, 08:02:39 AM »
Am I not getting in trouble posting my idea in both forums? :-[ I mean I dont see any problem, but do forums like to proudly say: this fan expansion was developed by CCentral or CarcF, because then I get in trouble.... (just want to be sure beforehand...)  :)
I asked a similar question a few months back and was happy to learn that everyone was very relaxed about posting on other sites (Board Game Geek in my case):
https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5346.msg78226#msg78226

Hi kothmann,
thanks a lot for sharing the link to your similar question. Indeed, that was very helpful!!  :(y)
Nice to see that all are relaxed here and that sharing the joy of exploring new possibilities prevails  :)

I will try to get in contact with a German Mod ASAP to see if they are as relaxed ( ;)) and then I will also share here. In the meantime, if you are registered with Carcassonne Forum, you can see it here:
https://www.carcassonne-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=5396

But from what you wrote ("I own and play exclusively C1 and I don’t make new tiles"), unfortunately, I understand that you will not be able to play my expansion because it involves the small illustrations that are exclusive to C2, in my case the (H) illustrations (Highwaymen). Please see the attachment for detailed explanations of "small illustrations" (attachment is a snip of the Wikicarpedia page on Base Game). But I am sure you will at least have a look and give me your thoughts on the idea  ;D

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
  • Merit: 92
  • Oh! That’s interesting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2021, 09:53:15 AM »
if you are registered with Carcassonne Forum
Tried to register but there seems to be a bug in the form.  Hopefully will get resolved soon.

you will not be able to play my expansion because it involves the small illustrations that are exclusive to C2...
True, I won't be able to play it exactly as designed.  But maybe I can fake it.  For example, I invented a way to play Inns with base game tiles only.   I actually really enjoy that sort of thing.

From Wikicarpedia, there are 8 base game tiles with Highwaymen icons, and they all have a single road segment: 2xRRFF, 2xRFRF, CCRR, CFRR, CRRF, FFFR.  So, I just need some mechanism for adding some sort of token to 8 tiles with single road segments....anyway, once I read the rules I'll see if I can make something work.  Or just have some fun trying.   ;D

Online DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2021, 10:04:13 AM »
Hello Challa!

For me true carcassonne are C1 stuff. But I have some C2 stuff Iike für 2, maps, spiels or 20th anniversary edition and maybe I’ll buy the new big box…

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2021, 11:33:53 AM »
Hello Challa!

For me true carcassonne are C1 stuff. But I have some C2 stuff Iike für 2, maps, spiels or 20th anniversary edition and maybe I’ll buy the new big box…

Enjoy!

Hi DrMeeple,
thanks for your input!  :) :(y)
You mean the big box that was just announced in France? It seems its the same content than the 2017 one with just a different box...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 11:52:31 AM by Challa007, Reason: I made a mistake with the quote »

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2021, 11:50:27 AM »

Tried to register but there seems to be a bug in the form.  Hopefully will get resolved soon.

Oh great, I mean great that you want to register, not great that there is a bug. ;) Can I help with that in any way? Did you report this to the mods?
Because, unfortunately you will need it. After discusstion with the mods from CarcF they gave me enough reasons why it is much better to keep the discussion concentrated in one place. So you will only be able to see the full idea there... but I am looking forward to the discussion with you ..  ;D  :pink-meeple:  (and others, obviously  ;))

True, I won't be able to play it exactly as designed.  But maybe I can fake it.  For example, I invented a way to play Inns with base game tiles only.  I actually really enjoy that sort of thing.
Yes I can see that and I do that,too. Its really fun  :(y)

From Wikicarpedia, there are 8 base game tiles with Highwaymen icons, and they all have a single road segment: 2xRRFF, 2xRFRF, CCRR, CFRR, CRRF, FFFR.  So, I just need some mechanism for adding some sort of token to 8 tiles with single road segments....anyway, once I read the rules I'll see if I can make something work.  Or just have some fun trying.   ;D

Oh yes, with that you will definitely be able to make something work! This is what I do at the moment to test-play, just add a tiny sticker to the tile and there you are  ;D  ;D

Online DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2021, 11:59:59 AM »
Hello Challa!

Enjoy!

Hi DrMeeple,
thanks for your input!  :) :(y)
You mean the big box that was just announced in France? It seems its the same content than the 2017 one with just a different box...
Yes same content but different illustrations on tiles style anniversary edition… still ugly green but much better than old C2… this. A new era of C2!! But not better than C1 haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2021, 12:15:06 PM »

Yes same content but different illustrations on tiles style anniversary edition… still ugly green but much better than old C2… this. A new era of C2!! But not better than C1 haha

Are you sure about this? (20th anniversary tiles) because I just read somthing in the German Forum telling just the contrary  ???

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2021, 12:18:45 PM »
DrMeeple is a hard-core C1 fun... So he will never be happy with C2, no matter the green shades used.
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2021, 12:24:14 PM »
DrMeeple is a hard-core C1 fun... So he will never be happy with C2, no matter the green shades used.

;D ;D ;D

BTW: Do you know something about the new box? Ratz65 says its exactly the same content than box 2017, DrMeeple says its the anniversary tiles....

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2021, 12:49:04 PM »
It's a bit of both.
The contents are in terms of playing basically the same as BB6. Base game, expansions 1 and 2, and the 7 mini's (+ river and abbot of course)

However, the tiles have the slightly newer design, seen in the Anniversary edition and some more recent expansions. The cities are busier and the edges are slightly rounded for example.
Also there are some new tile configurations, but so far I believe only the Spring tile for the river (now has a road) and the end of the river (has a monastery) are known to be different, but there could be more
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2021, 12:58:43 PM »
It's a bit of both.
The contents are in terms of playing basically the same as BB6. Base game, expansions 1 and 2, and the 7 mini's (+ river and abbot of course)

However, the tiles have the slightly newer design, seen in the Anniversary edition and some more recent expansions. The cities are busier and the edges are slightly rounded for example.
Also there are some new tile configurations, but so far I believe only the Spring tile for the river (now has a road) and the end of the river (has a monastery) are known to be different, but there could be more
Big Box 7 also has 3 blank tiles.
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 47,200+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
  • Merit: 92
  • Oh! That’s interesting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2021, 01:42:45 PM »
Can I help with that in any way? Did you report this to the mods?
Resolved now.  They fixed a small bug.

So you will only be able to see the full idea there...
Okay.

...but I am looking forward to the discussion with you and others...
Are there rules about posting in English?  My German is only good enough for occasional silly wordplay.

I like your idea, but I do have a question, so let me know if I should just post in English on the other Forum.  I could also PM you here if you want.

Thanks!

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2021, 12:20:43 AM »

I like your idea, but I do have a question, so let me know if I should just post in English on the other Forum.  I could also PM you here if you want.

From what I have seen its not a problem to post your question in English, so please go ahead  ;D looking forward to it  :(y)

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2021, 12:26:08 AM »
It's a bit of both.

Thanks for the clarification, Willem, that was very helpful!!  :(y)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
how many players who download the fan made tiles actually print and use them?

Started by Gerry

21 Replies
Last post September 02, 2014, 06:16:55 PM
by Scott
question
Is there an option to have JCloister play in a non competitive mode?

Started by loki

6 Replies
Last post September 07, 2015, 11:35:33 AM
by Ailurus
xx
Cundco.de: are there any import taxes to UK?

Started by MMike

15 Replies
Last post October 10, 2022, 02:34:21 PM
by egamar
xx
What happen when there is no legal place for bazaar auctioned tile?

Started by farin

4 Replies
Last post August 21, 2017, 12:03:11 AM
by farin
xx
There I was in Waitrose...

Started by hunnymonster

1 Replies
Last post May 17, 2016, 02:51:39 AM
by Carcking