Author Topic: Are there players here who actually do play with the new edition (CC II)?  (Read 6702 times)

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
  • Merit: 34
  • Fight, Flight, Freeze ..... or Play :)
    • View Profile
Hi fellow players,

I am not new to the Carcassonne world (I am German and I played from the beginning of the game...), I am not even new to this forum (I joined in 2017), but after many years of silence and background activity (meaning crafting those wonderful fan expansions and playing them with much joy) this is my first post :)
I am a little sad to see that the activity around Carcassonne seems to go down and I am getting the impression that most of the players left are die hard CC I fans....  :yellow-meeple:
Dont get me wrong, I also do prefer CC I (for a lot of reasons) but I have no trouble playing with mixed games or even with only the new edition.
So, is my impression right or wrong? Pleeeease convince me that I am wrong  ;)

The real reason why I am asking 8):  I am just now developing my own very first fan expansion - idea was from a few days ago (I posted it in the German Carcassonne Forum) but it is only for CC II.
Do you think I can find players willing to test knowing that test has to be in CC II ? Are there even enough active players to find somebody willing to test? 

Thanks a lot for replying! :) :) :)

PS: and thanks a lot to all the wonderful people who have created those wonderful fan expansions I like to play with... :)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5537.0

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Are there players here who actually do play with the new edition (CC II)?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 12:38:03 AM »
Hi Challa007!

Congrats on your first post! You will find all types of players on the forum: Die-hard C1 lovers, others who only knew C2, people who only play with one edition, some others who can mix editions, members who play only the base game, others who love to mix a zillion expansions... you name it.

I have a C1 collection and mainly play with C2 with some additions from C1 as I see fit. As I say, in the heat of the game, the artwork is not affecting the course of the game.

The activity comes and goes and lately we haven't seen much activity around new fan expansions after the summer break. I think that it becomes contagious when several people want to collaborate and create new expansions or when a member pitches a new idea and others love it and share their suggestions.

So I encourage you to post your idea (Der große Wegelagerer ;D) and let the fun begin!  O0
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • Carcassonne is only complete with 11th expansion:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 01:03:04 AM »
Hi Challa007!

I am happy to say that your impression is incorrect  ;D If anything there is trouble finding C1 people nowadays. Most of the people here seem to have moved on to C2, or even more often start with it outright.
The forum is very active and new stuff is constantly being discussed, created and announced.  :gray-meeple:

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 01:08:46 AM »
I'm playing mostly C2 these days, also because that's what they release new stuff for. So if a new expansion comes out I want to try it, and I don't like mixing art styles.
I've got a full C1 playset, that occasionally comes out though. Haven't forgotten about C1!
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2021, 01:34:06 AM »

So I encourage you to post your idea (Der große Wegelagerer ;D) and let the fun begin!  O0

Thanks Meepledrone for your reply and obviously you are a very well known person also in Carcassonne Forum and have already found my idea  ;) :) :(y)
FYI, I just uploaded the English translation...

It would indeed be great fun to discuss my idea also here, I would love that, but one more question there: Am I not getting in trouble posting my idea in both forums? :-[ I mean I dont see any problem, but do forums like to proudly say: this fan expansion was developed by CCentral or CarcF, because then I get in trouble.... (just want to be sure beforehand...)  :)

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 01:38:29 AM »
Hi Challa007!

I am happy to say that your impression is incorrect  ;D If anything there is trouble finding C1 people nowadays. Most of the people here seem to have moved on to C2, or even more often start with it outright.
The forum is very active and new stuff is constantly being discussed, created and announced.  :gray-meeple:

Thank you so much for proving me incorrect DIN0  ;D, its giving me hope  :)  and motivation  :pink-meeple:

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2021, 01:52:39 AM »
I'm playing mostly C2 these days, also because that's what they release new stuff for. So if a new expansion comes out I want to try it, and I don't like mixing art styles.
I've got a full C1 playset, that occasionally comes out though. Haven't forgotten about C1!

Ah very good, does this mean you would also be willing to try my idea?  ;D O:-)

In C2 I really love the Fruit bearing trees, it might be my all time favorite expansion, we are including it in almost every game if possible. Lately we also played peasants revolt a lot which is also quite nice.
Also we have integrated the abbot permanently in our meeple set even if we have no gardens in the game.

In C1 I love the Goldmines; The Plague is also very nice (I am happy to have an original set)....

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2021, 02:24:16 AM »
Playing C2 for everything existing in C2, and mixing the few C1 only expansions (catapult, tunnels, plague, school, Russian promos, Carhars...)  :yellow-meeple:

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2021, 04:02:07 AM »
C2 for me, usually......unless I want to use wheel of fortune or 10th anniversary edition.
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2021, 04:23:23 AM »
Playing C2 for everything existing in C2, and mixing the few C1 only expansions (catapult, tunnels, plague, school, Russian promos, Carhars...)  :yellow-meeple:

Hi from Bavaria to Switzerland  :) :)
I am doing the exact opposite. Playing C1 with everything existing in C1, if necessary mixing with C2 (Fruit Bearing Trees are compulsory  ;D) and sometimes playing only C2 with expansions that exist only in C2...

So then you are one of those who can test my new idea...  ;D

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2021, 04:41:20 AM »
C2 for me, usually......unless I want to use wheel of fortune or 10th anniversary edition.

Hi Halfling,
thanks for your reply!! I am really happy to see that there are more C2 players than I thought... :) :) :(y)

Which expansion or combination of expansions do you like to play most? Do you also play with fan expansions? (Well there are not so many for C2 from what I have seen, correct?)

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2021, 05:08:21 AM »
C2 only.  I like Mega-Carcassonne with all (mini)expansions released for C2, including Spiel Doch! Promo 2/2018, Spiel Promos and The Labyrinth (no CnP and PnP). House rules are forbidden; only official rules (where there is no official clarification - an interpretation; like https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Abbot#cite_note-15 and https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Princess_and_The_Dragon#cite_note-23).
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 47,200+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2021, 05:28:13 AM »
C2 only.  I like Mega-Carcassonne with all (mini)expansions released for C2, including Spiel Doch! Promo 2/2018, Spiel Promos and The Labyrinth (no CnP and PnP). House rules are forbidden; only official rules (where there is no official clarification - an interpretation; like https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Abbot#cite_note-15 and https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Princess_and_The_Dragon#cite_note-23).

Hi Carcassonne93, another C2 player  :) :)
what is CnP and PnP?? Sorry, but I have no idea...
And your contribution to the Wikicarpedia is impressive, ... I can understand your merits  :(y) :)

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
  • Merit: 92
  • Oh! That’s interesting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2021, 06:00:04 AM »
Am I not getting in trouble posting my idea in both forums? :-[ I mean I dont see any problem, but do forums like to proudly say: this fan expansion was developed by CCentral or CarcF, because then I get in trouble.... (just want to be sure beforehand...)  :)
I asked a similar question a few months back and was happy to learn that everyone was very relaxed about posting on other sites (Board Game Geek in my case):
https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5346.msg78226#msg78226

I own and play exclusively C1 and I don’t make new tiles.  But I love seeing the beautiful art and especially hearing interesting rules that are posted here.  Many of my own expansions were inspired by or adapted from other users’ posts.  Everyone seems to be very generous and just eager to share and promote this game we all love.

I’m excited to see your next posts!

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2021, 06:18:00 AM »

Hi Carcassonne93, another C2 player  :) :)
what is CnP and PnP?? Sorry, but I have no idea...
And your contribution to the Wikicarpedia is impressive, ... I can understand your merits  :(y) :)

Cut & Play (CnP) / Print & Play (PnP): https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page#Cut_.26_Play_.2F_Print_.26_Play_Expansions and https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page#Print_.26_Play_Expansions.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
how many players who download the fan made tiles actually print and use them?

Started by Gerry

21 Replies
Last post September 02, 2014, 06:16:55 PM
by Scott
question
Is there an option to have JCloister play in a non competitive mode?

Started by loki

6 Replies
Last post September 07, 2015, 11:35:33 AM
by Ailurus
xx
There I was in Waitrose...

Started by hunnymonster

1 Replies
Last post May 17, 2016, 02:51:39 AM
by Carcking
xx
How many extra turns are there?

Started by PapaGeek

7 Replies
Last post January 29, 2023, 11:14:16 AM
by PapaGeek
xx
Is there any expansion with more dragons?

Started by Drodo

6 Replies
Last post January 23, 2021, 01:14:04 AM
by Bumsakalaka