Author Topic: C, S&Creativity ... to create what?  (Read 941 times)

Offline Weetek23

• Vassal
  • Merit: 0
  • Always ready of one more ... tile!
    • View Profile
C, S&Creativity ... to create what?
« on: September 28, 2021, 03:34:11 PM »
Trying to fill the gaps in my C1 collection, I finally acquired Cult, Siege and Creativity - many thanks to The-Edge who pointed out that Spiele Akademie sell this elusive item for an acceptable price (50 euros are not a bargain but during many months of searching, I found no better deal). It arrived in pristine condition, I am happy to add the four Siege tiles to the six Besiegers as we quickly started to enjoy this mechanics and we want to see it more often in the game. When we get tired of them, we can apply a house rule that I found here that the Siege tiles, as they have intact walls, can restore Besieged cities... And of course, a secret completionist in me celebrates the iconic (if not a bit unnecessary) sixth shrine tile (while the TRUE completionist complains about not having yet a Spielbox edition of the Shrines...).

I only scratch my head for the two blank tiles that are also included. They seem to be too much an opportunity to be left unused but at the same time, I do not want to waste them unwisely. I read reviews of this miniexpansion (now well over a decade old) at BGG and searched Carcassonne Central for tips but so far I found very few remarks other than variants of "I haven't used them to make anything." And I cannot think of any better than using one of the two tiles to make a homemade version of La Porxada...

Therefore, I would appreciate your tips how you made a good use of the two blank tiles once you bought your C,S&C copy. Or did you make any?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5484.0
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 03:40:33 PM by Weetek23 »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: C, S&Creativity ... to create what?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 03:55:32 PM »
You mentioned two tiles to spare and reminded me of the Big Black Pig Escape by aenima.

https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=279

I hope you like it. It includes 2 tiles in C1 or C2... Name your poison.
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Weetek23

• Vassal
  • Merit: 0
  • Always ready of one more ... tile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2021, 10:53:46 PM »
Thank you, Big Black Pig seems to be a perfect fit and a good start with fan expansions.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 01:04:54 AM »
The best use of these tile I saw were allowing the player to build their own tile out of components.

It basically used the tiles as wilds, but the player could use cut outs of roads and cities and temporarily tack them to the tile for the game.  It was fun!

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
C, S&Creativity ... to create what?
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 06:47:10 AM »
Not good for print creativity directly on tile but you can use sticker on it. The real reason of the 2 blank tiles is about copyright of HiG. They changed design of tiles of cathars and add 1 more to the mini cult for the same reason. They used a 12 blank sheet for each copy and here you have 6 cult + 4 siege + 2 blank. Marketing title for selling us all the stuff without any possible reclamation… emoji code23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
How to create addons?

Started by Scott

1 Replies
Last post January 27, 2022, 01:14:57 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
How to create an account on Carcassonne-Forum?

Started by NGC 54

6 Replies
Last post November 26, 2023, 12:56:09 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
WTT: Some rarities for Cult, Siege & Creativity and Spiel '14 Tile

Started by Jéré

11 Replies
Last post May 14, 2017, 01:17:53 PM
by Mr Meeple
xx
WTB Carcassonne: Cult, Siege & Creativity