Author Topic: 2021 Basegame round 2  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
2021 Basegame round 2
« on: March 24, 2021, 12:44:04 PM »
Round 2 of the 2021 Basegame Double League
Hi all, second round is online. (If you like to play some matches a bit faster, I'm posting the rest also)

For the rules and scoring submittings please take a look back at: League rules.

Make sure to have either BGA or JCloisterZone version 4.6.1.7 ready.

The second round will be for:
SinscerlyvsNy1050220
BonusDuckvsBumsakalaka
DavidevsThodekey
CicirunnervsSnearone
DanisthirtyvsAllograft
LevenvsDecar

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5137.0
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 10:54:23 AM by Sinscerly »
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
Re: 2021 Basegame round 2
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 12:44:12 PM »
reserved

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 12:59:44 PM »
Tehehehehe. I'm coming for you DanisNOTthirstyforAllograft'sblood after cicirunner and I do battle!
- :pink-meeple:

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
  • Merit: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 04:30:02 PM »
Sinscerly and I have completed round 2. Thanks again for the time, Sinscerly. Those were two very intense games! Well played!

First game.
Sinscerly started off very well with many city tiles while I was mentally struggling with my predominantly road tiles. Later I managed to sneak one more knight each into the two unfinished large cities and rendered Sinscerly's earlier work worthless. He made a series of successful moves regarding farms, claiming, defending, and trying to connect. His farmer near the top right corner was a huge threat ever since it was deployed there, but luck was not on his side.

Second game.
I think since tile 10 we started the constant battle in the 27-point field. He isolated my 9-point farmer very early on, so I knew I had to trap 1 or 2 of his meeples if I didn't want to yield the large field. I managed to trap his monk when he wasn't paying attention to that area (heat was spreading to the NW with all those farmers). I was on the losing side towards the end, but 4 of my last 5 files came in the exact order I needed them. It was just so lucky of me.
My fifth last was the cloister on the left in the 2nd last row, which allowed me to place the ccff tile below it to isolate his 3-point farmer to the right. Otherwise, I would lose the tile in the 27-point field. Then I got the rightmost tile on the map and got 4 points from the city. Then a 6-point field emerged right there and I claimed it in the next turn. Had they shown up the other way, I wouldn't had the free meeple for the 4 points city, which is my exact winning margin.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 01:15:37 AM »
Tehehehehe. I'm coming for you DanisNOTthirstyforAllograft'sblood after cicirunner and I do battle!
- :pink-meeple:

Bring. It. On. 8)

(I've added you on BGA)

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 02:01:52 PM »
The gauntlet has been thrown. Here here! -  :pink-meeple:

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2021, 04:29:07 PM »
After missing each other on several occasions (mostly my fault), Allograft and I finally managed to catch each other on BGA for our match this evening...

:blue-meeple: :) danisthirty (113) - Allograft (46) :( :red-meeple:
Allograft started this game but I was able to benefit from better tiles in the early part of the game which helped me to capitalise on some of the riskier meeples my opponent had placed, ensuring that they would remain on the landscape for the rest of the game. But even with all of his meeples trapped, the game was slow to move for me and it wasn't until I managed to complete a 16-point city at about halfway through the tiles that I started to pick up a bit of momentum. With patience (and some help from the tiles) I was able to taker over Allograft's farm at the top which ended up being more valuable than the farm he'd claimed earlier, but overall I was impressed that he kept putting the pressure on me even with no meeples to place, which made this a much tougher game than it might look from the scores.

:blue-meeple: 8) danisthirty (112) - Allograft (50) ::) :red-meeple:
Allograft went all-in for the main farm in this game, placing three farmers on or adjacent to it before I'd even placed one! His strategy seemed a risky one in terms of the limited tiles required for it to be successful, but he didn't let this hold him back and constructed a worthwhile farm with all of his farmers on it somewhat effortlessly. I looked elsewhere to generate my points and scored well from some long roads that seemed to materialise just in time for me to claim and close them, along with a few small cities. Farmers and roads aside though, the real turning point in this game was the big city that ended up taking up most of the top of the map. I planned to take this outright, but when Allograft cut me out with a ccff splitter I had to find somewhere else to attack it from and was almost successful in brining it to a close until my worthy adversary dropped the big cccc tile on it! He then fought back to win a share of the city, and even when I drew the final cccr tile (that he needed), he found another way to connect a second knight of his own to tie it. Unfortunately, a small rotational mishap left the city vulnerable from the top which I was quick to make the most of with the result that I snuck a third blue meeple into the city to keep the points for myself. Overall, it was another great game with scores that didn't do it justice...

Thanks for the games and for the chat Allograft. It was a pleasure! :(y)

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 11:01:51 AM »
Dan's humility is inspiring, but in reality, he cleaned my clock like the champion he is. That being said, he was an utter gentleman and it was an absolute blast! -  :pink-meeple:

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2021, 05:44:26 AM »
Here are the results of the games between Decar and me (played as turn based games on BGA due to Decar's busy and unpredictable days):

:green-meeple: Decar vs :red-meeple: Leven 84:89

:red-meeple: Leven vs :green-meeple: Decar 129:112

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
2021 Basegame round 4

Started by Sinscerly

7 Replies
Last post April 23, 2021, 10:24:11 AM
by Allograft
xx
2021 Basegame round 11

Started by Sinscerly

2 Replies
Last post March 30, 2021, 03:55:11 PM