Carc Central Community > Online Games and Competitions

Welcome Tournament 2016

(1/52) > >>

Decar:
Last year we had a hugely successful Tournament to introduce new members to Carcassonne - A Welcome Tournament.  One member went on to Win the Carcassonne Central World Cup a few months later!

The idea was to have players who are new to the forum and have NOT entered a major tournament here on Carcassonne Central before.

It was a great way for new members to learn the ropes and get used to scheduling games and learning to use JCloisterZone & the chatroom.

I've already had one request to take part and I know there are several forum members who have yet join a tournament; so now is an ideal time organizing Welcome Tournament 2016!

Like last year, the format will be dependent on the number of players.

Currently the only entry requirement is that you have NOT entered a tournament or league on Carcassonne Central before.

Let me know below, if you're interested!

Entry will be open for a few weeks; so Dan and other members can convince people at the UK Games Expo to join up and take part.

A note for any newcomers to the forum:  It's worth looking at your notification options so you receive emails for all updates on a thread.  Otherwise you may only receive one notification until you next visit the forum and may miss important announcements.

You can change your settings here:

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2737.0

danisthirty:
I would urge anyone who is thinking about signing up to take part in this to do so! You don't need to be an expert player but it's likely that your playing skill will improve as you play against others and pick up a few tips along the way. This isn't even the point though as it's more about meeting other new forum member and learning your way around Carcassonne Central in the process.

The last welcome tournament was a great success, and was enjoyed by everyone who took part! It's free to join up to, and you don't even need to leave the comfort of your sofa to join in on the action! What have you got to lose? :) :(y)

Halfling:
And who knows you might win......

karkids:
Hello all, great idea! I've never been in a Carcassonne tournament before, and I think this is a great way to get started. I have several questions though: will we have to host the games ourselves or will someone else act as a host? Also, what is the most likely time that we will have the tournament, I have to go upstate next week, and then to Washington after that. Plus, It's over to Europe in early August, (Prague, and then 1 day in Germany!!!). Lastly, will there be any sort of prize (Just curious >:D)?

danisthirty:

--- Quote from: Halfling on May 16, 2016, 12:33:41 PM ---And who knows you might win......

--- End quote ---

Somebody has to I suppose. The competition was pretty weak last time as I remember... ;)

@karkids: I can't say for sure but I would expect there to be other people who are willing to host on your behalf if you're unable to host games yourself. I certainly am, and I'm sure Decar will be too. With regards to timings, you play your games as and when is mutually convenient for you and your opponent(s) so travelling shouldn't be a problem as long as you'll have an internet connection (and some free time) wherever you are.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version