Author Topic: Pathtag  (Read 10351 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Pathtag
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 12:59:04 AM »
 :(y) :(y) :(y)

Great stuff dirk. Those look fantastic...  :)

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 07:37:34 AM »
Thanks for the kind words! 

Offline StartPlayer

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 03:05:35 PM »
I didn't realise there were so many other meeple travel bugs out there.  I'm assuming Pathtag is the same as travel bug but just a different term on each side of the Atlantic? 

Will have to look at them all and see if any close by.  My trackable meeple is currently in Portugal and would like to get to Carcassone!

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 05:23:28 PM »
I didn't realise there were so many other meeple travel bugs out there.  I'm assuming Pathtag is the same as travel bug but just a different term on each side of the Atlantic? 

Will have to look at them all and see if any close by.  My trackable meeple is currently in Portugal and would like to get to Carcassone!

Travel bugs and pathtags are similar, but 2 very different things.  Trackables move from cache to cache towards some goal set by the owner.  Pathtags are yours to keep.  If you find one in a cache, you can trade for it like you can any other type of swag.  The serial number on the back of the pathtag is so you can add it to your online collection.  I created 150 Carcassonne pathtags and they all have the same number on the back.  Trackables, on the other hand, have a unique number on the back of each one.   This confused me greatly when I first started geocaching. 

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 06:52:17 AM »
I can't say I've ever really encountered any pathtags, but these look kind of similar to the "trolley tokens" that we have in the UK. These are so called because they can be used in trolleys or lockers instead of a standard £1 coin (they're the same size and shape) but usually have a small hole in them so that they can be kept on a keyring.

If you're interested, I must have about a dozen or so of these lying around the house which I've picked up in various places. I even won one at work for "Going the Extra Mile" (fortunately this wasn't the main thing I won as I would have been a bit disappointed otherwise). I would be happy to send you what I have (or photos in advance if preferred) in exchange for one of your awesome Carcassonne pathtags? O:-)

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2016, 01:14:14 PM »
Tell you what, I will ship a few to you and you take 1 for yourself and give the others to other forum members you come in contact with. You don't have to ship me anything. 

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2016, 02:10:12 PM »
+1 to your generosity - I'd love a spare one from Dan and should be able to get it registered for travels!

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2016, 02:37:06 PM »
Wow! What a really fab idea, and they look amazing too. +1 merit added
If you (or Dan) have any still going spare then I'd love one!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2016, 02:40:03 PM »
Tell you what, I will ship a few to you and you take 1 for yourself and give the others to other forum members you come in contact with. You don't have to ship me anything.

Thanks very much dirk, that's very kind of you! :) :(y)

I would be only too happy to deliver one to KJW on your behalf (if you're interested) so if you'd like to include a note or a card or anything to accompany it I'm sure he'd be very grateful!

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2016, 01:51:31 AM »
Ooooh, I would love one too - I am even a geocacher!   

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Just lay the damn tile!

Offline StartPlayer

• Labourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2016, 12:43:14 PM »
Thanks for info.  I've found a little under 1500 and hadn't heard the term.  I've a caching friend from Czech who told be about little wooden collectable disks in caches I've never seen in the Uk.  I've hidden a fair few caches in Leeds included a few puzzles.  Maybe I should think about a carc themed puzzle.  Numbers based on scores perhaps?

Offline Qatpaw

• Vagabond
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2016, 12:54:36 PM »
ooohhhh....I love geocaching and I LOVE finding pathtags!  Nice job on the designing.  If I ever get one of my own done, I'd love to trade with you.
Qatpaw
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 01:00:19 PM by Qatpaw, Reason: I went back and read all the posts and saw the final design. »
=^..^=

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter