Author Topic: Weekly Online Game  (Read 243065 times)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
Re: Weekly Online Game
« Reply #510 on: October 25, 2015, 10:31:24 AM »
With the WC quarterfinal expansions? (T&B, Tower, Fliers, German Monasteries.)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 25, 2015, 10:49:30 AM »
That's possible imho. But let's see, what other people are thinking about. For training, I had a couple of games with Leven, and I think two player games are better for that purpose. But I sure would also play this expansions with more. As a matter of fact, I think, it's a very good combination.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 03, 2015, 09:10:37 AM »
A fun game with Hounk and Khalid! I didn't want it to be too big so we decided to go with one big expansion and one small expansion. The big expansion was Traders & Builders, the small expansion was The Festival. The Festival wasn't that useful, but because I don't play with it very often the unfamiliar tile configurations added a lot of interest to the game:

The game seemed to start quite well for all of us. A few small cities and a longish road shared by Hounk and Khalid ensured that our scores remained relatively close. In the early part of the game, Hounk identified where he wanted the most valuable farm to emerge and placed a farmer whereas I continued to score little and often without committing too much and began to build a small lead over my opponents in the short-term at least.

With two trapped monks held hostage by the same missing tile (a wonderful collaborative effort between Hounk and I), Khalid then shifted his emphasis onto putting his builder to good use in building his own mega-city. He seemed to have a constant supply of city tiles which were all added to the city, and when I made a half-hearted attempt to share these points with him he was only too keen to demonstrate just how unwanted my assistance was! When he then got a second knight into the city it seemed to be just a matter of time before he completed it and took a huge bundle of trade goods as well, but unfortunately he left himself requiring a crcr tile to do so and I had no idea whether there was anything suitable left to come.

Meanwhile, the battle for what started as a relatively small and straight-forward city for Hounk began to escalate when I tried to share it with him, and then take outright control of it. He fought back, but despite drawing several of Traders & Builders more interesting tiles to deny my majority wherever possible, I managed to keep my chances of a tie barely alive. Once the dust had settled, both of us had two knights and our builders in the main part of the city, but Hounk was poised to add two more knights from an adjacent city with his next ccff tile. As luck would have it, I drew the next ccff tile and it was the splitter! With this, I closed the city for a tie and took a good supply of trade tokens too...

With his city stuck in its state of incompleteness, Khalid began to look at getting onto Hounk's farm so I decided to join forces with him in this respect. Hounk cut us both out in one point where we would have needed an rrrr tile to glom, but we were both successful elsewhere and ended up sharing the farm between all three of us (with our pigs).

As we came down to the last few tiles I was still leading on score, had most trade goods and had an equal share in the main farm. It wouldn't have taken much to have swung things though as there was always the risk that Khalid could have completed his huge city for lots of points and trade goods, and Hounk still had the chance to win his farm back with a cfff tile. Fortunately for me, neither of them drew the tiles they needed as they'd already been placed elsewhere, but it was certainly a tense period for all of us.

Thanks for the game guys! :) :(y)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 03:06:50 PM by danisthirty »

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 03, 2015, 12:14:43 PM »
Great summarise of the game! Two points stuck my mind, to add, though.
With two trapped monks held hostage by the same missing tile (a wonderful collaborative effort between Hounk and I)
The colleraborative effort was nice, sure. However, it would have been even nicer, if you would just have gotten a CFFF, instead of the CFCF splitter, which you put into use as well to gloom into my near finished city.
It wouldn't have taken much to have swung things though as there was always the risk that Khalid could have completed his huge city for lots of points and trade goods, and Hounk still had the chance to win his farm back with a cfff tile.
There actually was a fitting tile from Festival to finish Khalidq's city, but luckily I got it, instead of him. As for the farm. You managed to place a second farmer as well, which would have connect, so this would have made not much difference, just increase the gap between Khalidq and me. But no chance for me, outwinning you.

I envied you for the CCFF splitter you used to win the trade goods. Could have finished my smaller city nearby and cloister with it, and then wait for a CCFF to win the big city. But it sure was a great game, I enjoyed.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 04, 2015, 02:12:49 AM »
Don’t look now, but Decar, Hounk and I are planning a “weekly game” on Friday evening. Not sure which expansions are going to be used yet, but if you’re reading this please consider yourself invited to join us! The more the merrier... 8)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #515 on: November 04, 2015, 03:37:22 AM »
I'm in. Can we set a limit on the number of farmers Hounk is allowed to play? Let's make it 1 :)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 04, 2015, 03:59:45 AM »
I'm in. Can we set a limit on the number of farmers Hounk is allowed to play? Let's make it 1 :)

Hmm. He can be kind of dangerous even with just 1 farmer. I was thinking maybe he shouldn't be allowed to farm at all but can have a -100 point head start by way of compensation?

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #517 on: November 05, 2015, 11:08:20 AM »
What time is the game tomorrow?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 05, 2015, 02:08:27 PM »
What time is the game tomorrow?

Would it be OK if we made it slightly later than usual? 10pm CET would work best for me.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 05, 2015, 04:26:40 PM »
Unfortunately, I can not take part tomorrow, no matter what time. :( I have to take the job from a colleague tomorrow in the evening.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #520 on: November 05, 2015, 10:12:56 PM »
10pm CET works for me - it's not a school night after all! Sorry you can't make it Hounk!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 05, 2015, 11:55:09 PM »
Unfortunately, I can not take part tomorrow, no matter what time. :( I have to take the job from a colleague tomorrow in the evening.

Sorry to hear that Hounk :(, but there will be other times. I hope the work goes well.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #522 on: November 06, 2015, 05:44:06 AM »
Any suggestions for expansions for tonight? I wouldn't mind BC&B since I definitely need more practice with this, but I won't insist on it if others don't want to play with it.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #523 on: November 06, 2015, 10:45:20 AM »
I'm easy, maybe a few minis as well.  Just a reminder for any new people that might want to join.  The chatroom can be found here: http://sydby.com/carcassonne/irc/index.html

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #524 on: November 06, 2015, 02:49:25 PM »
Here's the game tonight.  I'm not sure I can comment, I had no idea what was going on most of the game.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
The old Carcassone online game...

Started by Reggie777

3 Replies
Last post April 15, 2021, 02:58:57 AM
by Sondiana
xx
Connection lost in Online game

Started by Hounk

5 Replies
Last post March 01, 2015, 01:00:53 PM