Author Topic: Weekly Online Game  (Read 242784 times)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Online Game
« Reply #420 on: May 24, 2015, 01:26:37 AM »
I think now, it can be considered "legal", in the summary post there was also included a 4 player base game. Nevertheless for your achievement to get black, it might be insignificant, because you have to cover the first 5 major expansions for that, and it is likely, that with just 4 further games, you will miss at least one and need another victory. Not a big deal for somebody, who already won a tournament and regularly participates in the weekly games, though.

I really liked this game, as all key featured were shared by two players, leaving one out. You did very good with the witch, sabotaging not only the two big cities, but also the long road from centre to right, ending in a cloister. I also think, you got 6 out of the 8 tiles, I at least got only the CRCR in jeres and mine smaller city, which I used, to transfer the mage from your unfinished 5 point city, to one of my features (which was, I think, not scored with the mage), while Jere got the CCCR on which he placed his 6 point thief, as well with mage, but since there were two more M&W tiles, that did not benefit him, because you got them both and therefore could place the witch in the big city and remove the mage.

I on the other hand had a good luck - bad luck situation with my last tile (the "3"): good luck, because I could get even on the big farm with it, bad luck, because it did not come earlier. Otherwise I would have had the option for one or two "football cities" on Jéré's M&W-tile, but I of course did not do that, because I run out of meeples at that point and I could not be sure to get into that farm again. My key mistake was to take this 8 point cloister, especially since I placed my farmer before and both needed road tiles. If I would have placed the farmer tile other way, so that it would have required a FFXX instead of a FRXX, I would not have been into troubles as well.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 24, 2015, 11:22:45 PM »
I think now, it can be considered "legal", in the summary post there was also included a 4 player base game. Nevertheless for your achievement to get black, it might be insignificant, because you have to cover the first 5 major expansions for that, and it is likely, that with just 4 further games, you will miss at least one and need another victory. Not a big deal for somebody, who already won a tournament and regularly participates in the weekly games, though.

I think perhaps I should rewrite this bit in the O of the M rules to clarify it at some point as there has been some confusion previously.

Firstly, I think it's worth pointing out that most online games qualify as weekly games unless they are part of a league or other tournament. Ultimately I guess it will be at my discretion whether it counts in terms of the O of the M qualification at the Yellow level, but I want people to succeed in this and so far haven't found reason to exclude any multi-opponent game played online between members of CarcC yet, regardless of which expansions were included. So this game definitely counts, especially since you posted the screenshots and had the post-game analysis!

However, for weekly games to count towards the Order of the Meeple at the higher levels (Blue and Black) they need to be against at least 3 opponents. Win one game with 4+ players (including yourself) and you have Blue-7 ("Win a weekly game against at least 3 opponents using any combination of expansions" - this doesn't necessarily need to include any expansions although in most cases I think it would be rare not to include any at all).

With regard to the major expansions (1 - 5) they don't all need to be included in the same game, nor do they all need to feature in exactly 1 game each for Black-7 ("Win at least 5 weekly games against at least 3 opponents (all major expansions 1 – 5 should be included at least once)"). It probably makes more sense to treat it as two separate things; 1. win five 4+ player weekly games (including any game that qualifies as a weekly game even if it isn't officially declared as one beforehand), and, 2. win 4+ player weekly games including each of the 5 main expansions at least once. So, you might achieve this by winning 4 base-game only 4+ player games and then one 4+ player game with all five major expansions.

Hopefully this helps to clear it up a bit!  :) Please let me know by PM or on the Order of the Meeple thread if you have any further questions.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 25, 2015, 03:06:23 AM »
Actually, I did not recognise, that the 3 opponents do not include yourself, so that 4 player games are the minimum required for OotM. But that was just sloppy reading of me. It was endorsed by the fact, that your table, which I liked excluded 2P, but included 3P games. Regarding the last paragraph, I think it is obvious,  that not all expansions had to be used in one game, and that expansions can be used multiple times to achieve this goal.

So, one thing I would clarify would be the mentioned table. There you could write, that although 3P games are featured, 4P games are needed for OotM. Other than that, I think everything is fine.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 25, 2015, 12:19:36 PM »
A friendly between Jéré and me, featuring I&C, T&B, A&M and Besiegers will start in a few minutes. If somebody wants to join, please go into the chatroom. :)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 25, 2015, 02:05:03 PM »
And here's the screenshot.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 26, 2015, 02:11:09 AM »
The game started with a big fight for the besieged city, which was at first claimed by a regular meeple of Jéré. I at first tried to sneak in with my big guy, then succeeded with the mayor. Dan at first made it a besieged city, then, when he got the option, sneaked with mayor and big guy inside and cut off my big meeple with his abbey, getting only medium points hence his besieged tile, but a lot of trade-goods, enough for the wine trade at least. Soon after that first Dan, than me got the barn down.

A small "farm battle" started for the field on the left, and then I made a real stupid mistake, I regretted right after the placement of the tile, the CCCF with wheat token: I thought before placement (unbelievable stupid), that in this 3 tile hole only curved roads and RFFF tiles would fit in, securing me to join the two barns, if I get any of the three at that moment still available RFFFs over the course of the game. This was of course not the case, and Jéré quite soon afterwards got the worst tile for this "plan", the CFFF with pennant, which separates fields. I was later glad, when Dan, not Jéré got the fitting CFFR from A&M, although it meant, that his barn farm grew a lot, because it connected two of my meeples (and the big guy of Dan for an even share) to the barn, and I would have been really low on meeples, withouth a chance to win for the rest of the game. There would have soon been a farm battle for the field on the left side, and I spend quite some tiles on filling up spaces to prevent Jéré from placing his barn there. But, when it would come to farmers, I would have lost the field at that time, especially because one of my farmers was sitting on the right field of the CFCF two tiles left of Dan's FRFR cloister and therefore useless.

Soon after that, Dan placed his 6 point farmer on the top left side of the board, while Jéré and me both got the big guy on the field below. There was a FRRF needed to connect to the barn, and unluckily Dan got it, before his farmer was connected to our big meeples, so he could further increase his field, give his farmer some power and neither Jéré nor I could profit from the pig on that point. In fact, the pig was only used once in the entire game, I think. By me on the field, where Dan put his barn. It was at that time sure, that there will be at least one barn on that field later in the game, so that was a good decision.

Other than that, I want to point out the CCCC with my 9 point farmer. I closed with that tile Dan's city, worth 10 points for him and the cloth trade for me. I was hoping at that point, too, to connect the last besieged tile to one of the two remaining farms, but when this was drawn by somebody else, I finished them with small cities. The placement of the Abbey was not the best, I could, considering Jéré was so much farther behind than Dan, finishing his besieged cathedral city, giving him a whole lot of points, and me 8 for the barn, would have been normal the obvious choice, but Jéré pointed out to me, that I had won the game based on "predicted points", so I didn't give it a second thought, and it did not make any difference, anyway.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:13:50 AM by Hounk »

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 26, 2015, 08:37:01 AM »
I'm sorry I missed out on that game.
Flee the fleas.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 11, 2015, 02:49:04 AM »
I had two three player games and one two payer games last night. I won none of them, but quite enjoyed all of them. (Actually the first one even more as the winner, because of towers.) However, the last one, an A&M 2P vs. the champion of A&M Group A was a really close one, so I thought to provide a screen shot.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 02:54:35 AM by Hounk »

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 12, 2015, 04:51:23 AM »
There hadn't been any weekly games in a wile. Maybe tonight? We did have some Sunday games a wile ago.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #429 on: July 12, 2015, 09:14:12 AM »
I've got to play Mr Numbers at some point this evening, might have time for a quick game afterwards  :(y)

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 12, 2015, 09:26:29 AM »
What is with the new members?

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 12, 2015, 12:11:03 PM »
What about you, kettle? ;) I'm in chat right now. What time are you planning to play, Decar & MrNumbers?

Would like to play element-of-the-week "Little Buildings".

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 12, 2015, 12:54:46 PM »
I will play in a bit.
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #433 on: July 12, 2015, 02:43:44 PM »
Too tired to talk about it.....here's the result:

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 13, 2015, 01:58:55 PM »
Just a friendly P&D kettle and I played tonight. I was quite lucky with the tiles, but kettle kept fighting to the end and wanted it posted here as well. It was a good game after all.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
JCZ 3.1.1 Online Game Error Report

Started by rfielder

7 Replies
Last post March 09, 2015, 05:24:46 PM
by rfielder
xx
BUG IPAD Carcassone Online Game

Started by markolero

1 Replies
Last post November 29, 2023, 05:55:59 PM