Author Topic: Weekly Online Game  (Read 243637 times)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Online Game
« Reply #390 on: April 30, 2015, 02:26:31 AM »
Just in case I want to tell in advance, I won't have time to participate in the weekly game tonight.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #391 on: April 30, 2015, 08:36:21 AM »
I might be interested if there are at least two others. Does anyone else want to play tonight?

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 30, 2015, 09:12:14 AM »
I will do my best to appear  :(y)
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 07, 2015, 06:49:46 AM »
Weekly? Game? Tonight? 8pm (UK)? Anyone? JCZ 3.2.0? Goldmines? I’ll host? Looking forward to it? Catch you later? Lots of Love? Dan?  :-*?

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 07, 2015, 09:35:04 AM »
I will be there.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #395 on: May 07, 2015, 11:23:28 AM »
I'm in. And I'd better look up the goldmine rules, since I've never played it...

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 07, 2015, 10:29:16 PM »
Any results/screen capture to share with us? :)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #397 on: May 07, 2015, 11:14:37 PM »
Any results/screen capture to share with us? :)

Screenshots are on my home PC. Later today I will post the results of our 4-players base game.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 08, 2015, 12:46:52 AM »
The first game crashed and was not to be restored. Then we had the 4P BG mentioned and later Leven and me had a 2P P&D for practice, which was a very nice game. We regret afterwards, that Leven did not record it as a video and at least I did not think about making at least a screenshot. Kettle watched it a wile, but left because the dragon was on a diet the first rounds, right before it got a really plentifull meal, starting with a monk by Leven and one of my thiefs. (On a really long road, more worth thn the monk. :( ) From that time on, Leven had a quite compftable lead for most of the game (and the dragon some snacks in between), until I placed a tile in a way, which made it inevitable, that Leven lost two farmers on the main farm. Unfortunately one of my knights in a unfinishable, but very large city, was seduced by a princess a few turns later and Leven could claim the city on a later turn, so he won by two points in the end.

On a side note: this game (v. 3.2.0) crashed also, but Leven and me both could make a savegame.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 08, 2015, 02:46:55 AM »
Hi Hounk,
nice report.
I am happy that the dragon got his meal in your game.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #400 on: May 08, 2015, 02:57:14 AM »
Here are screenshots from our 4P base game, as promised.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 08, 2015, 02:58:12 AM »
It was a shame that we couldn’t continue with the first game after the crash. I may have dreamt it, but now I think about it, did I read somewhere that there can be problems saving if the timer feature has been enabled? Anyway, in a relatively low-scoring game (at one point MrNumbers was on -1!) I managed to complete a road that I shared with Hounk which then allowed me to close a large city on my builder turn. So, after these two lucky tiles I had a decent lead (and lots of gold) up until about a third of the way through the game when it crashed and couldn’t be loaded and continued because the savegame file didn’t get created either for me or MrNumbers (we both tried to save it). What a pain.

I seemed to get left behind almost from the outset of the 4-player base game that followed. I placed a daft farmer early on which ended up being wasted (well, 3 points) and so wasn’t entirely prepared for the fight that broke out for the main farm after this. I scored from a couple of cloisters (neither of which were completed), 2 cities and a few short roads here and there but was only really able to do so because the others were focussing so intently on the farm. Elsewhere in the game, I failed to notice that jungleboy had a second knight in the city I thought we were sharing until it was almost too late to match him. I did at one point stand a slim chance of getting a 2nd knight into the city but this also failed when MrNumbers played the last cccx tile in such a way that I required another cccx tile to join, so jungleboy got all the points from this city...

The main farm ended up being won by MrNumbers and jungleboy who came 1st and 2nd respectively. I was surprised to see that I’d come third as I didn’t feel like I deserved it and thought I would be well behind everyone including Hounk. So not a great game really, but congratulations to MrNumbers who seemed to be in control from start to finish and also to jungleboy who was never far behind. The ease with which they both seemed to connect their farmers to the main farm had to be seen to be believed; I just couldn’t get in on any of the action and had to watch from a distance.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #402 on: May 08, 2015, 04:14:06 AM »
Thanks, Dan! Good game for me, obviously ;) :D
I intentionally placed that Dan's mentioned cccf tile to jungleboy's city in order not to allow Dan to connect to that city: this was the last cccx tile, rather than some ccxx tiles still left in the bag. If Dan would get succeeded in connecting his second knight, he would won the game. And even worse: if they both would finish that city, I could come only 3rd, so this was "two birds with one stone".
I also was surprised, how easily farmers were connecting to the farm, although I reduced Hounk's chances to connect his (later 0) farmer, because only one rrrf tile left at that moment. One of my lucky tiles were cloister, one of the last tiles: with a help of it I took away 9 points from Dan for the farm and gave 7 points to myself for the cloister itself.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 08, 2015, 04:34:26 AM »
I intentionally placed that Dan's mentioned cccf tile to jungleboy's city in order not to allow Dan to connect to that city: this was the last cccx tile, rather than some ccxx tiles still left in the bag. If Dan would get succeeded in connecting his second knight, he would won the game. And even worse: if they both would finish that city, I could come only 3rd, so this was "two birds with one stone".

Obviously it gave a few points to JB in the process but overall it was a good move as it cut me out and trapped a meeple of mine for 1 point. There was a time when JB was potentially only one tile away from closing his city; this would have really upset things!

I also was surprised, how easily farmers were connecting to the farm, although I reduced Hounk's chances to connect his (later 0) farmer, because only one rrrf tile left at that moment. One of my lucky tiles were cloister, one of the last tiles: with a help of it I took away 9 points from Dan for the farm and gave 7 points to myself for the cloister itself.

I was sorry to see those 9 points go, especially since JB had the opportunity to merge the farms with the tile immediately before yours but used it elsewhere. Definitely an "ouch" moment for me!  :o

Overall, my feelings towards the game can be summarised as below:

Dan’s 2015 Christmas Card List
MrNumbers
(everyone else)

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 08, 2015, 01:46:31 PM »
Overall, my feelings towards the game can be summarised as below:

Dan’s 2015 Christmas Card List
MrNumbers
(everyone else)

That is funny!  >:D
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Computer game or online

Started by Gordie_a

11 Replies
Last post October 29, 2013, 05:32:03 AM
by Paul
clip
JCZ 3.1.1 Online Game Error Report

Started by rfielder

7 Replies
Last post March 09, 2015, 05:24:46 PM