Author Topic: Weekly Online Game  (Read 242811 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Online Game
« Reply #330 on: March 30, 2015, 09:26:36 AM »
Games so far:  8)

Major Expansions
DateLinkNo of Players   WinnerI & C   T & B   P & D   The Tower   A & M   B, C & B   
9th Oct 2014   Click Here   3MrNumbers   xxx
16th Oct 2014   Click Here   3danisthirty   x
23rd Oct 2014   Click Here   4Rosco   xxx
30th Oct 2014   Click Here   3danisthirty   xx
6th Nov 2014   Click Here   4jungleboy   xx
13th Nov 2014   Click Here   4danisthirty   xx
27th Nov 2014   Click Here   3danisthirty   xxx
29th Jan 2015   Click Here   3Hounk   xx
8th Feb 2015   Click Here   4MrNumbers   xxxx
19th Feb 2015   Click Here   3danisthirty   xx
1st Mar 2015   Click Here   3MrNumbers   xx
26th Mar 2015   Click Here   6jungleboy   xx
2nd Apr 2015   Click Here   3Leven   xxx
16th Apr 2015   Click Here   4Hounk   xx
23rd Apr 2015   Click Here   4Hounk   xx
7th May 2015   Click Here   4MrNumbers   

* games must have had at least 3 players in order to be included in this table
** games which didn't actually take place have not been included

(please let me know if I've missed any)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 01:12:26 AM by MrNumbers »

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 31, 2015, 01:42:51 PM »

Well, after the success of last week’s game it would seem like a shame not to suggest doing the same thing again this Thursday. I’m hoping that there will be the same level of interest again this week although if we end up with more than 6 players we could split up into 2 games so that everyone is included.

I don’t mind what expansions we use but it would be kind of interesting to play Princess & Dragon and The Tower together as I don’t think I’ve ever done this. I don’t have my heart set on this by any means though, and will be happy to go along with whatever’s most popular (so Bridges, Castles & Bazaars almost certainly won’t be involved!)

Who else is available on Thursday and keen to play?

Could we play just a bit earlier? 21:30? 20:30 your time?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 01, 2015, 03:43:36 AM »

Well, after the success of last week’s game it would seem like a shame not to suggest doing the same thing again this Thursday. I’m hoping that there will be the same level of interest again this week although if we end up with more than 6 players we could split up into 2 games so that everyone is included.

I don’t mind what expansions we use but it would be kind of interesting to play Princess & Dragon and The Tower together as I don’t think I’ve ever done this. I don’t have my heart set on this by any means though, and will be happy to go along with whatever’s most popular (so Bridges, Castles & Bazaars almost certainly won’t be involved!)

Who else is available on Thursday and keen to play?

Could we play just a bit earlier? 21:30? 20:30 your time?

OK then, we'll say 8:30pm. This is a little trickier for me but hopefully it will be fine.  :)

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 01, 2015, 04:23:13 AM »
On the other hand I would totally understand if you can't. My son goes to bed at 9 and "grabushka" would not be super happy if I make myself unavailable before that time. I have the feeling you have to deal with similar issues... ;)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #334 on: April 01, 2015, 04:59:16 AM »
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 01, 2015, 05:02:02 AM »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 01, 2015, 05:21:45 AM »
On the other hand I would totally understand if you can't. My son goes to bed at 9 and "grabushka" would not be super happy if I make myself unavailable before that time. I have the feeling you have to deal with similar issues... ;)

My kids are four and one and a half years old but they both go to bed around 7 - 7:30pm. My daughter (the eldest) will usually be asleep by 8pm but sometimes she won't sleep and will stay up for longer than this. In any case, my wife is familiar with Thursday evenings being my Carcassonne evenings and these are considerably easier now that we have a laptop each again!

"grabushka"
:(y) :))

Her Carcassonne nickname ;)

You should encourage her to become a member here. Or at least to join in with our next online competition!  >:D

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 01, 2015, 05:30:02 AM »

You should encourage her to become a member here. Or at least to join in with our next online competition!  >:D

She plays on iPad quite a lot but not sure she would like JCZ... at least it's compatible with her mac so I can ask her to try it.

Offline quevy

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 01, 2015, 09:25:03 AM »
I'd love to attend, unfortunately my wife works up to 21, before 21:45 for sure I will not be free, she usually always works around that hour on Thursday, one of the reasons why I have never participated in one of the games, maybe some you could arrange a game later for those who have problems with the times?
A knight is sworn to valour.
His heart knows only virtue.
His blade defends the helpless.
His might upholds the weak.
His word speaks only truth.
His wrath undoes the wicked.

:white-meeple: My works.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 02, 2015, 08:23:43 AM »
I'd love to attend, unfortunately my wife works up to 21, before 21:45 for sure I will not be free, she usually always works around that hour on Thursday, one of the reasons why I have never participated in one of the games, maybe some you could arrange a game later for those who have problems with the times?

OK then. In order that quevy can be included we'll move the time back to 9pm UK/ 10pm most of Europe as it was originally.

So all being well that's Jere, quevy and myself in! Who else is going to be available?

I think it will be best to avoid Bridges, Castles & Bazaars this time, but how about including Inns & Cathedrals, Abbey & Mayor and Besiegers (just a suggestion - feel free to add/ remove)?

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 02, 2015, 08:32:15 AM »

OK then. In order that quevy can be included we'll move the time back to 9pm UK/ 10pm most of Europe as it was originally.

So all being well that's Jere, quevy and myself in! Who else is going to be available?

I think it will be best to avoid Bridges, Castles & Bazaars this time, but how about including Inns & Cathedrals, Abbey & Mayor and Besiegers (just a suggestion - feel free to add/ remove)?
I could be available for a game but only after 10:30 pm CET. Is there any chance to start the game then?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 02, 2015, 08:46:40 AM »

I could be available for a game but only after 10:30 pm CET. Is there any chance to start the game then?

This is an hour and a half after the scheduled start which will probably be too late for most of the Europeans.

However, if we start as planned, the game should be either finished or finishing by then and I'll be happy to stick around for another one afterwards. Others may be too. Would this suit you?

Offline Leven

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 02, 2015, 09:07:57 AM »
It may be OK for me. Although if you start the first game at 10 pm (CET), then the second one could easily begin around midnight.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 02, 2015, 09:11:19 AM »
CET is the same as GMT apparently. The game is due to start at 9pm GMT, so we will have had an hour and a half before 10:30 CET. I think.

Offline Leven

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 02, 2015, 09:12:36 AM »
Is it? I thought CET is GMT+1.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Computer game or online

Started by Gordie_a

11 Replies
Last post October 29, 2013, 05:32:03 AM
by Paul
xx
Android Game online options

Started by mcorbet

3 Replies
Last post July 04, 2017, 03:06:52 AM