Author Topic: New Carcassonne box out in Germany - including new version of "Die Katharer"  (Read 58607 times)

Offline meepleater

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 35
    • View Profile
Re: New Carcassonne box out in Germany - including new version of "Die Katharer"
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 02:21:14 AM »
I don't suppose there's a chance Muller will release it separately later? If not I suppose they're lucky I need spare tiles and wouldn't mind a second copy of the game...

That really is a bummer for you guys overseas. But maybe we Germans can arrange something for you (as long as you'd want to pay 24.99 Euro plus postage and packing)? I already got a request from someone to get him "Die Belagerer" and hope to hunt down another copy for him.

That would be awesome, but I'll have to see whether I can afford it atm...

Offline Hylian87

• Villein
  • Merit: 0
  • The King is dead, long live the King!
    • View Profile
Re: New Carcassonne box out in Germany - including new version of "Die Katharer"
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 02:29:09 AM »
That's not very likely, Mueller sells all kinds of stuff and I guess they just want to attract new players with this bundle.

Offline Tacita

• La folia!
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 18
  • The last cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 05:20:23 AM »
That really is a bummer for you guys overseas. But maybe we Germans can arrange something for you (as long as you'd want to pay 24.99 Euro plus postage and packing)? I already got a request from someone to get him "Die Belagerer" and hope to hunt down another copy for him.
It is a "bummer" for fans everywhere. Being forced to buy stuff we already own sucks.

Sometimes I hate being right.

That's not very likely, Mueller sells all kinds of stuff and I guess they just want to attract new players with this bundle.
And at the same time spitting the old fans in the face.
"We do not want to make someone buy a whole set just to get a few new cards. We like our fans!" - Donald X Vaccarino

Link

Offline harvster

• Vassal
  • Merit: 2
  • Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 08:20:55 AM »
Thanks guys for the info on Die Belagerer.

I'll have to remember to keep an eye out for it in about a year's time to see if it becomes available as a mini-expansion.

At least it gives me the chance to own and play a version of The Cathers/The Siege (neither of which I have as I didn't know about Carcassonne back when they were available to purchase)!

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2013, 09:03:52 AM »
And at the same time spitting the old fans in the face.
Tobias, that is the thrid time, that you write almost the same words.
It's like the old LP's in the past.

I don't know if that is a good thing to make here at CarcC negative publicity
- for HiG
- for the game Carcassonne
- for CarcC itself.
- for the whole community of Carcassonne

When people at BGG posting negative publicity - that is a forum for all games and all publishers.

But this CarcC forum is a forum especially for Carcassonne.
And Carcassonne belonges to HiG.

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »
Yup, I'm starting to agree with Tobias. I actually liked that they packaged "Count, King & Cult" together as a package deal but only because they also made "The Cult" available in two other formats (Speilbox and "Cult, Siege & Creativity"). I was decidedly unhappy about having to purchase the 10th Anniversary Box for "The Celebration" but I was fortunate in needing a door prize for our wedding that year, so we let it slide and simply informed the victors that it "may be missing ten tiles *wink*wink*". "Wheel of Fortune" was less of a burden, while I received "The River" in my original Big Box back in 2007 so that was never an issue.

Regarding "Die Belagerer", I really would like a copy of it even though I own both "Siege" and "Die Katharer". I have no real desire to pay ~$33.00 plus shipping to get a copy of that box, though. I already have "Count, King & Cult" as well as the base game, and I've inundated copies of the game on all my friends over the past five years, so giving yet another copy away is just not really an option anymore. Tobias may be beating a dead fish, but he decidedly has a point that every time Carcassonne does this (or any of its distributors), it sours our opinion of the game and its marketing practices. We aren't directly insulting the game, but more the marketing decisions behind it.

Offline Tacita

• La folia!
  • Viscount
  • The last cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2013, 10:22:13 AM »
I don't know if that is a good thing to make here at CarcC negative publicity
- for HiG
- for the game Carcassonne
- for CarcC itself.
- for the whole community of Carcassonne

When people at BGG posting negative publicity - that is a forum for all games and all publishers.

But this CarcC forum is a forum especially for Carcassonne.
And Carcassonne belonges to HiG.
The only negative publicity that is created comes from publishers who do not appriciate their fans. If the truth hurts, maybe they should show some consideration towards the people who pay for thier food. My job is not and will never be to sing praise towards those who disregard their fans or towards those who wants to hurt you for their own petty gains.

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2013, 11:02:53 AM »
Tobias, I think the point that kettlefish is making is that you've expressed your opinion and there in no need to belabor it further. 
Flee the fleas.

Offline Hylian87

• Villein
  • Merit: 0
  • The King is dead, long live the King!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2013, 11:41:17 AM »
I also heard from Cundco today that there will be no other "Die Katharer"-release in October. They are sorry for confusing things.

My contact stated that only Nostheide Verlag would be able to reprint "Die Katharer".

Offline Tacita

• La folia!
  • Viscount
  • The last cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2013, 12:10:17 PM »
Tobias, I think the point that kettlefish is making is that you've expressed your opinion and there in no need to belabor it further.
Sure! I will stop telling the truth the day publishers start to play nice with their fan base. Until that time, though, I will call them out whenever I feel like it. If you want to sing their praise, go right ahead. You obviously have no problem spending money buying the same game over and over and over again.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2013, 12:54:57 PM »
I rang them up today and told HiG directly that I wouldn't buy this special edition Carcassonne, because I have almost all what is inside.

I am waiting for the CundCo Shop with the 6 new tiles - and if it needs some months time - it doesn't matter for me.

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2013, 01:04:22 PM »
You obviously have no problem spending money buying the same game over and over and over again.

I didn't say that and I haven't.  In fact, I've yet to buy a base set that I already had with the exception of the Big Box which I bought very early on.  I was happy to have the extras to use for fan-made expansions.  I have managed to get a copy of everything with the exception of Katherers and Crop Circles 1 without having to rebuy anything, so it can be done if one is patient.  The only thing I'd say I have doubled are the Wheel of Fortune tiles that aren't unique and that is not an entire base set.  I don't mind this though as I have it seperate from my complete set and when I'm teaching someone for the first time or my group just wants a short game, I grab that box and it keeps it simple.  I don't plan on purchasing the new compilation set and I doubt I'll have any trouble acquiring these tiles either from Cundco or the Carcassonn Shoppe or another of the fine resources we have available.  I understand your frustration and I see your point, but I think you're making it a lot more difficult than it needs to be. 

Aside from that, I don't think HiG is even to blame here.  Mueller is making this set and I would presume that they have designed the new tiles and made the decision to include them in their set.  This is not too dissimilar from RGG publishing the Cult and adding a tile or the GQ11.  And besides, no one is requiring you to purchase this expansion.  If you feel that strongly about it, just don't buy it and express your opinion to them directly by not spending money.

Offline Tacita

• La folia!
  • Viscount
  • The last cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2013, 01:34:43 PM »
I have not said "HiG". I have said "Publishers".

I have everything Carcassonne (except card and dice games). I am not upset for my own sake. I just point out how little the publishers care for their long standing fans. I just point how how little they care for us, who have been with them ever since we found out about this lovely little game. I just point how the discrepance between fans and publishers; one of them really loves the game, the other does not care about anything at all except money.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2013, 01:42:47 PM »
Tobias,
And what is with the Surprising Package? - It came from the publisher - the publisher is here HiG for the game Carcassonne.  ;D
You were one of the few (almost 10 ore 11) who have got one.
Even I didn't get a Surprising Package.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:11:12 PM by kettlefish »

Offline Tacita

• La folia!
  • Viscount
  • The last cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2013, 02:42:47 PM »
Tobias,
And what is with the Surprising Package? - It came from the publisher - the publisher is here HiG for the game Carcassonne.  ;D
You were one of the few (almost 10 ore 11) who have got one.
Even I didn't get a Surprising Package.
As far as I can tell it was your doing and no one else's. And if you recall you know my doubt. This particular expansion was never part of a base game, nor was it part of a compilation where new and old stuff were mixed. It was just a hard to get expansion. I have no idea how it will turn out in the future. If, where or when it will be available to the public.

You have my gratitude. HiG and other greedy inconsiderate publisher have not. What do you want me to say? Do you want me to return it to you? What are you really trying to say here?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
A copy of "Die Belagerer" for either "Die Katharer" or "Die Kornkreise I"

Started by Hylian87

3 Replies
Last post September 11, 2013, 03:04:52 PM
by Hylian87
xx
Die Katharer / Die Belagerer - The Rules

Started by kettlefish

8 Replies
Last post December 03, 2013, 08:09:41 PM