Off Topic > Other Games

What have you played this year?

<< < (2/2)

danisthirty:
Ah yes, a couple of oversights on my part in my original post. These three are definitely worth a mention even if I've only played them once:

--- Quote from: Willem on December 21, 2022, 02:29:54 AM ---Quacks of Quidlenburg was introduced to me during a meetup with @danisthirty , @Decar , @Rich_The_Fish and @unclewill earlier in the year...

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Meepledrone on December 21, 2022, 06:59:35 AM ---- Dorf Romantyk
- Village Rails

--- End quote ---

oldbonz:

--- Quote from: danisthirty on December 21, 2022, 07:21:47 AM ---Ah yes, a couple of oversights on my part in my original post. These three are definitely worth a mention even if I've only played them once:

--- Quote from: Willem on December 21, 2022, 02:29:54 AM ---Quacks of Quidlenburg was introduced to me during a meetup with @danisthirty , @Decar , @Rich_The_Fish and @unclewill earlier in the year...

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Meepledrone on December 21, 2022, 06:59:35 AM ---- Dorf Romantyk
- Village Rails

Charlatan de Bellecastel in French and with its extension even better

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Scott:
My wife and I have played a few games of "Marrying Mr. Darcy", sometimes just the two of us and sometimes with more friends. My wife is a big Jane Austen fan and heard about this game in one of her Jane Austen fan groups on Facebook. Over the past three years I have been educated on the material by watching the mini-series and movie adaptations so that I can properly understand the references and in-jokes. "Marrying Mr. Darcy" strikes a very good balance between managing your own cards versus interfering with your opponents' cards.

I played a game of Good Cop, Bad Cop on BoardGameArena while it was in public beta. I was invited as a former Kickstarter backer. I've never actually played the physical game, so it was nice to get a feel for it. It played very slowly on BGA because every player gets to decide whether they want to take an action on every other player's turn, so I would not recommend playing that in anything other than real-time. Other than that, it was a fun twist on the standard Mafia party game.

I played ten solo games of Orient Express (Jumbo edition) and one solo game of the Just Games edition. The Jumbo edition has a nicer game board and is more narrative, but also more difficult to solve the cases. The Just Games edition is more straightforward to solve, but takes longer to get the find all the clues. I bought them to study the mechanics of how they worked, and unfortunately they're more constructed so there isn't much in the way of replayability. I was also curious to see whether cases for one edition could be adapted for the other, and it's certainly possible but more work than I expected.

My love of board games is starting to become known amongst the people that I am meeting in the area where we live now, so hopefully 2023 will lead to some board game nights at our house, because I have a lot of games that I never get a chance to play.

Meepledrone:

--- Quote from: Scott on December 21, 2022, 10:59:43 AM ---My wife and I have played a few games of "Marrying Mr. Darcy", sometimes just the two of us and sometimes with more friends. My wife is a big Jane Austen fan and heard about this game in one of her Jane Austen fan groups on Facebook. Over the past three years I have been educated on the material by watching the mini-series and movie adaptations so that I can properly understand the references and in-jokes. "Marrying Mr. Darcy" strikes a very good balance between managing your own cards versus interfering with your opponents' cards.

--- End quote ---

Holy Meeples! I backed this game on KS back in the day! And got the Undead Expansion too. :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version