Carc Central Community > Official Rules

CAR 7.5 Prep Discussion: Wheel of Fortune Version Comparison

<< < (2/4) > >>

SRBO:
Well done! good job!

Just a Bill:
Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!

One thing I was missing was a big summary infographic for the whole thing, so I've added that today to the end of the original post, under a new section with a silly heading. I'll also attach it here as a thumbnail.

(Oh, and I also revised a couple of the earlier graphics to keep everything consistent with the new "dance card.")

Willem:
I would like to trow some trivia in the mix:
The CCFR tile you stated that comes from the Games Quarterly instead of the Inns&Cathedrals.
I was curious about it, and saw that the one in I&C has a lake on it, and GQ doesn't, so it would make sense that its more similar to GQ than I&C.
In all the expansions I was able to find 1 more tile with this configuration, in the Traders&Builders expansion, with a Grain token on it.
Only thing that stands out to me is that the road is different in the WoF tile to these 3 tiles:

As seen, the road goes up a little bit more in the WoF tile. There is also one more little house in the city, but even my OCD doesn't go as far as to state this as a completely new configuration.
Food for thought, as I would say the tile is not a copy from I&C, not from GQ, not from T&B, but a new tile on its own :P

Just a Bill:

--- Quote from: Willem on September 30, 2017, 08:58:15 AM ---Food for thought, as I would say the tile is not a copy from I&C, not from GQ, not from T&B, but a new tile on its own :P

--- End quote ---

Huh, that's interesting. When I did my research I only paid attention to the gameplay configuration, not the details of the actual artwork. But as you've rightly pointed out, the tile is definitely not copied from GQ11 after all. (It has the same gameplay value, but not the same artwork.) The position of the watermark notwithstanding, it appears to be a mirror image of one of the other tiles that was copied from I&C. That is, it's an I&C tile image that was flipped to reverse its configuration. So, in that light, I'd say it was correct (or at least reasonable) for the CAR 7.4 to call it an I&C tile after all; but in any case I was clearly wrong to attribute it to GQ11. Good sleuthing, and thanks for the correction.

Willem:
Nice little detail:
I got the dutch version of the stand-alone in yesterday, and the rulebook states that there are 72 tiles, one of them would have a black back as a starting tile. In the tile configuration this is not shown.
There is (of course) no 'starting' tile among the tiles, but the configuration as Bill has posted earlier :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version