Author Topic: T & B League: Final Matches  (Read 13192 times)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
T & B League: Final Matches
« on: February 23, 2015, 10:04:14 AM »
zone2 and I already played our match for 3rd/4th. The score was jungleboy 136, zone2 85.

The two main battles were for a large city that we each committed three meeples and our builders to that remained incomplete (and in two sections because it was never joined), so zone2 actually got most of those points because he controlled the larger section, and the main farm that I won for 28 points by blocking out two of his meeples. I also got the only four trade goods (including 1+ of each) for 30 points. So the scores were very close throughout the game and right to the last tile, but the farm and the trade goods meant that I was in control for about the last third of the game or so once it became clear that the big city wouldn’t be finished and so he couldn’t win the trade goods from it. I must admit that I got lucky with some helpful tiles at the right times.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1556.0

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
Re: T & B League: Final Matches
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 10:24:33 AM »
here is the x-score list League A + B - with the first game...

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 02:19:49 PM »
It has happened!

After 2nd place in first League and World Cup, after 2nd and 3rd places in national championships, after 2nd place in my own tournament - at last - 1st place in T&B League!
Very close match that could go either way. At the start I managed to glom on to Dan's city (almost square city in the middle) and soon closed it gaining all trade goods. Meantime Dan started to build something bad around my builder-city, and although I tried to ensure it would remain completable, all 3 closing tiles have gone to Dan, so I had to live all the game without my builder. Dan could close my builder-city to gain 3 barrels, but then he would lost the farm (this is one of the reasons why I claimed that west farm). Soon I won a city (L-shaped in the middle) with 2 followers and again gained some trade goods. On this stage it was already enough for me to win 30 points for the trade goods at the end of the game. Simultaneously with completing that city I placed a farmer and the farm he has served became one of the key features of the game! Dan successfully connected one farmer, but then I blocked his two attempts to steal it from me. As Dan has wrote me in the chat, after this (blocking farmers) he understood that the game is lost. With the very last tile of the game (big number 1 on it) I joined two main fields to gain some more points to my pig (+3 points for the road).
Great game, Dan! It made me to be nervous till the end, especially playing without builder, meantime you used yours very well.

"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 09:58:05 PM »
Great game, Dan! It made me to be nervous till the end, especially playing without builder, meantime you used yours very well.

Yes indeed, very well played to you. You certainly deserved the win for playing the whole game without your builder!

I think because I got off to a good start and led you on score throughout the game (and that your builder was trapped) I felt that I was in a strong position even though I knew I was trailing on trade tokens. You got off to a very good start with regards to these when, even though the tile required to close the city was a fairly common one, it was like Russian Roulette with us both waiting for the right tile to come along!  :o

Looking back at it now, I should have placed my pig earlier for a few extra points but hadn't anticipated how tight the main farm was going to become in terms of places to put it.  :@ :-\

If only I could have connected either of the farmers you trapped it would have been a very different result. Perhaps I could have used my builder to improve my chances of drawing either of the required tiles. Equally though, if you'd drawn one of the cfrr tiles that I drew it would have been a much bigger win for you!

Well done to you too jungleboy - your 3rd 3rd!  8) Commiserations zone2  :'( Looking forward to seeing the rest of the results now, good luck everyone!  :) :(y)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 11:25:44 PM »
Congratulations MrNumbers! And commiserations danisthirty.

It looks like this was a worthy championship match!

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 01:01:04 AM »
Thank you, jungleboy! And, yes, congratulations on you win too! ;)

Offline quevy

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 01:56:36 PM »
I am 7th, was a strange game early, 3 cloisters almost one after the other all to me, I have received two tiles very fortunate exactly when I needed and I was able prandere points advantage and goods. Great game for Rosco comes to deserved eighth position.

Congratulations to MrNumber, Dan I'm sorry for the defeat, but to finish second is not so bad :)
A knight is sworn to valour.
His heart knows only virtue.
His blade defends the helpless.
His might upholds the weak.
His word speaks only truth.
His wrath undoes the wicked.

:white-meeple: My works.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 02:57:24 PM »
Here is the new x-score League group A and B

I am interested to see which League group wins more games and which League group has more score differencial.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 02:58:58 PM by kettlefish »

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 10:40:05 PM »
I am interested to see which League group wins more games and which League group has more score differential.

Me too! For now it's 2:1 for the Group B. Go, Group B, go! :D 8)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 11:01:51 PM »
Well done quevy! Bad luck Rosco...  :'(

I am interested to see which League group wins more games and which League group has more score differential.

Me too! For now it's 2:1 for the Group B. Go, Group B, go! :D 8)

So after 3 matches Group B are ahead by 27 points. Come on Group A!  :(y)

There are 3 more matches scheduled to take place at some point today so it'll be interesting to see how this has changed by this time tomorrow.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 12:17:19 PM »
farin is waiting for B1nder with the final match.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 12:23:48 PM »
I believe they were due to play at 8:15 my time (8 minutes ago). Hopefully he will be online soon...

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 12:27:36 PM »
farin is waiting in the chat room.

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 10:38:50 PM »
Jéré 176,  Carcking 159

I would like to dedicate this victory to group B. :)

Carcking had a good start but then things really slowed down for him towards half-way through the game. Surprisingly, this game wasn't about trapping meeples... At some point I just added a tile to the city where his builder was to make it more difficult to complete and it worked because his builder got stuck there for quite some time.  I had total control of the fields for the entire game so Carcking made several attempts to join my farms at the end of the game. I succesfully blocked 2 of his guys but he finally managed to join the main farm in extremis and place his pig with his very last tile to share 32 pts with me.  Well played Carcking! It was a good one!

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 11:59:19 PM »
What happened to the other 2 games scheduled yesterday?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Bridges, Castles & Bazaars League: Final round

Started by MrNumbers

59 Replies
Last post April 28, 2017, 08:51:36 AM
by Jéré
xx
Order of the Meeple: Challenge Matches

Started by danisthirty

54 Replies
Last post April 26, 2018, 03:07:36 PM
by danisthirty
xx
How are people playing competition matches?

Started by rfielder

6 Replies
Last post March 02, 2015, 08:24:28 AM
by jma03
xx
2020 Basegame Knockout League - Round 3 - FINAL

Started by Sinscerly

10 Replies
Last post May 23, 2020, 11:28:13 AM
by Sinscerly
xx
Minis League: Final round