Author Topic: Weekly Online Game  (Read 243552 times)

Offline Tross14

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Online Game
« Reply #615 on: June 20, 2016, 08:36:42 PM »
Are you guys available at Fridays?? I would love to join your games and my I'm usually free at Fridays.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 21, 2016, 06:36:27 AM »
I had a great game with Rich_The_Fish and Leven a few nights ago. We only used the basic tiles and didn't take it too seriously, but it was just a "fun" game even though Rich and I spent at least half the game with no meeples left!

The game kicked off with some favourable tiles for me and a few small cities. So, I was the first to claim the main farm but Rich and Leven certainly weren't far behind. Rich was clearly very keen on making sure he had a stake in the farm and threw everything he had at it from quite early on. I cut one of his farmers out, and Leven trapped 3 of our meeples (1 for me and 2 for Rich) but he still managed to finish with 3 on the farm which was enough for an equal share of the 24 points that were on offer.

With my 3 farmers and 1 trapped monk (for 8 points) I had just 3 meeples left at my disposal. One became a knight in a city that I was using as a dumping ground for unneeded city tiles, another got stuck on a road and another got stuck in a 1-point city. So, I spent most of the game silently collaborating with Rich in keeping Leven out of our farm as he was ahead of both of us on points but only had 2 farmers connected.

It was a tough game for Leven as he was fighting a losing battle trying to get a third farmer onto the main farm. The tiles weren't helping him either and at one point he drew either 3 or 4 frfr tiles in a row (none of which were any use to him). He did manage to share my big city though, and might have done better if he's stolen it from me outright. But without the farm, there wasn't much he could do...

Thanks for the game guys! Hopefully we can play again soon! :) :(y)

Are you guys available at Fridays?? I would love to join your games and my I'm usually free at Fridays.

Hi Tross14, welcome to the forums! I will probably be around on Friday evening and will try to make myself available in the chat room (http://sydby.com/carcassonne/irc/index.html) from about 8pm (UK time) onward. Where are you from? You might also be interested in the Welcome Tournament (a tournament for Carcassonne players who are new to these forums) as I believe a couple of people may have dropped out recently.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 03:37:35 PM by danisthirty »

Offline Tross14

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 21, 2016, 07:46:31 AM »

Hi Tross14, welcome to the forums! I will probably be around on Friday evening and will try to make myself available in the chat room (http://sydby.com/carcassonne/irc/index.html) from about 8pm (UK time) onward. Where are you from? You might also be interested in the Welcome Tournament (a tournament for Carcassonne players who are new to these forums) as I believe a couple of people may have dropped out recently.

Hello to you as well, Danisthirty! I'm from the Philippines. Judging by the time zones,  I'm guessing that's around 3am here?? I'll try to catch up with that or plan on some other day instead. The welcome tournament does sound interesting, I'll go check it out. Thanks for the suggestion!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 03, 2017, 09:31:30 AM »
Yo dudes.

We haven’t had one of our "weekly games" for at least a year now so I wanted to bump this post in an attempt to reinvigorate it again by seeing if anybody else would be interested in taking part?

My hope is that we could gather at least 4 - 6 people once (or twice?) a week at a regular time and then either play one big game between us all or split into two smaller groups depending on the number of players. Expansions could either be chosen in advance or selected on a “each player chooses an expansion” type basis with the end result being that we all get to know each other a little better, learn some expansions that we don’t often get to play, mock jungleboy and/ or Rosco, and generally just enjoy a relaxed/ "friendly" (whatever this means) game of Carcassonne together!

Just to get things started, I’m going to suggest that anyone who wants to play (all abilities welcome!) should meet in the online chat room at 8pm this Sunday as evenings seemed to suit most people quite well when we were trying to decide a time previously. Going forward, we could also add a mid-week game (perhaps Wednesday or Thursday) depending on availability.

Please post your thoughts here so we can start to plan something!

Dan :blue-meeple: :(y)

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 03, 2017, 11:01:53 AM »
I like the idea. But I can't do Sunday.
Getting groups of 4 together should allow practice for the UK champs, 4 player is very different to 2 player and should definitely be practised.
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #620 on: February 03, 2017, 01:35:01 PM »
At the moment I'm free and keen for Sunday, although my rampant Portuguese social life might interfere between now and then...

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
  • Merit: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 03, 2017, 01:50:05 PM »
Sunday 8pm UK time? I'll try.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #622 on: February 03, 2017, 02:29:20 PM »
my rampant Portuguese social life might interfere between now and then...

What on Earth have you been upto  :o :o

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 05, 2017, 11:54:50 AM »
This is your 10 minute warning people!

See you in the chatroom (http://sydby.com/carcassonne/irc/index_meepledrop.html) at 8pm (hopefully)...

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 05, 2017, 01:19:47 PM »
ny1050220 and I were the only players available but we decided to have a game anyway. We both chose one small expansion; I chose Fliers, ny chose Mage & Witch:

I find that it's usually the case with Fliers that you get maybe 1 or 2 opportunities to use effectively in a game, but on this occasion we both made at least 3 or 4 successful flights. However, this was almost my downfall as I ended up with 3 meeples in a relatively small city just because the opportunities to fly into it arose. I got lucky and was able to close it (while the Mage was inside it) and completed another road at the same time.

Once I'd got most of my meeples back I could get back into the game and the farm battle was well and truly on! ny1050220 made some great attempts to take it but overall I think I got the luck of the draw and managed to win one of the smaller of the 3 farms outright.

Overall it was a fun game that would have been very different if I hadn't drawn the crrr that I needed so desperately!

Thank ny! :) :(y) Hopefully there will be a few more people available in 4 days time on Thursday at 8pm? See you there!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 03:38:11 PM by danisthirty »

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
  • Merit: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 06, 2017, 07:50:33 AM »
Thanks for the summary! I'd say it was an intense game.
I'm not free on Thursday at 8pm (UK time). The Sun will be high in the sky and I will be teaching at that time. Hopefully other players will join you after dinner time.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 08, 2017, 08:19:08 AM »
A little over a day to go before our next weekly game. Please accept this friendly reminder that we're due to meet in the chat room at 8pm (UK time) tomorrow.

Offline Chuck

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 09, 2017, 09:11:45 AM »
Sorry, I won't be able to make it. Good game to all of you.

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
  • Merit: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 09, 2017, 11:10:20 AM »
i try to be there tonight for one or two games

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 09, 2017, 11:37:22 AM »
It's looking like I'll be able to make it. See you guys shortly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Connection lost in Online game

Started by Hounk

5 Replies
Last post March 01, 2015, 01:00:53 PM
by farin
xx
Computer game or online

Started by Gordie_a

11 Replies
Last post October 29, 2013, 05:32:03 AM