Author Topic: Carcassonne new basic game 3.0  (Read 8868 times)

Offline The-Edge

• Duke
  • Merit: 35
    • View Profile
Carcassonne new basic game 3.0
« on: November 17, 2021, 12:02:08 AM »
Hey guys, my good friend Den Ozzy (he did heard it from Willem) just showed me something brand new.
Carcassonne basic game 3.0

https://www.spielzeugladen-neusser.de/carcassonne-neue-edition_2

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5543.0
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 01:27:19 AM by The-Edge »
To meeple or not to meeple, that's the question

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne new basic game 3.0
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 12:21:37 AM »
Hahaha same edition like 20th anniversary but without easter eggs, flags and glossy parts… Similar to C2 but different colors and more details on illustrations. Not soo diferent like C1vsC2.
Here this version many users start to called C2.2 but I have doubts about it when H&G added to her tile list… surely it will be C3 and they change the name version again…
The debate is open hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 01:01:01 AM »
With same river source as the new big box  :yellow-meeple:

Offline totor66

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • Carcassonne semi completionnist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 01:02:12 AM »
at least won't need to buy a big box 7 to have that river source tile with road.

start to be a pain in the a** to cover everything, I start to understaand why people sell their old stuff.
Carcassonne Fan since 2014

Offline cidervampire

• Vassal
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 01:23:30 AM »
Hmm. I collected all of the 1st edition and ended up getting many of the same expansions for 2nd as due to the inclusion of garden they were functionally different. Hopefully, there won’t be anything in 3rd to make me want to buy all the expansions again.

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2021, 01:56:18 AM »
at least won't need to buy a big box 7 to have that river source tile with road.

start to be a pain in the a** to cover everything, I start to understaand why people sell their old stuff.
True. Even some people have left the game for this reason… sad but true…

Offline supertopix

• Count
  • Merit: 3
  • I have updated my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2021, 08:18:45 AM »
Wtf

Offline unclewill

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2021, 09:54:00 AM »
I guess every person on this forum is interested in Carcassonne in their own unique way, and finds pleasure in playing, or collecting, or talking about playing or whatever. That is great and how it should be.

I would not regard myself as a collector by nature. I got into this because I like playing it and enjoy the social interaction around the table. This is something that Carcassonne has reawakened from my childhood/ teen years. I would love this game to grow and continue to enrich the playing experience in a healthy, sustainable fashion.

New game content? Great. New content designed to work with the existing content? Better. It would show that the IP holders care about the game that they are curating and are responsible for.

Content from the past that is reskinned and reissued with the same omissions, incongruities and flaws? No thanks. Despite the prettiness of the new boxes and minor tweaks, this just feels like an attempt to take advantage of existing enthusiasm.

I start to understaand why people sell their old stuff.

I have gone the other way with this and have got rid of my fairly complete collection of C2. Now I am free to just concentrate on C1 and any bits of C2 or C3 or C4 or whatever next because I want to play with them rather than an implied need to complete what I do not have. If I don't want it, it is no longer relevant to me which is liberating.

But that's just me, and I can see why to others this is also an opportunity for new games, new artwork and continued excitement in building up the collection of Carcassonne that you want. Enjoy it how you like it, there is room for everyone and we all benefit for it.

Offline gabrielgeek

• Freeman
  • Merit: 6
  • I'm a monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2021, 01:04:47 AM »
As a Carc collector myself, this is a bit disappointing. I carefully collected everything I could of C1 and in 2014 I thought I didn't need C2. Then expansions and mini expansions started to pour out so I finally gave up and started collecting C2 too. I'm not even done with C2 (still trying to get ahold of those elusive Spiel tiles) and now they release C3 with slightly different tiles? It's kinda exhausting being a Carcassonne fan these days. emoji code19]

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2021, 02:18:07 AM »
I think the dismay of long time C1 collectors was huge after 14 years when C2.0 was released. I don't know how many of them could move beyond the feeling of "betrayal" this change inspired. Many got unhooked due to the shock.
History is repeating itself 7 years later...
Ok. HiG, take my money and shut up!  :o
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 03:25:04 AM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2021, 02:21:06 AM »
Carcassonne will be a classic beyond ages… like monopoly… imagine a monopoly collector… if you want to collect every carcassonne stuff you have to know that you will be all of your life hahaha

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
  • Merit: 34
  • Fight, Flight, Freeze ..... or Play :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2021, 04:38:17 AM »
I had somebody from HiG on the phone this week (there was something wrong with my order) so I asked about V3  ;D
The clerk did not know that there are base games sold in a new box. He did know about the new big box. He said there are "small changes in design" on the tiles in the new box, he even aknowledged the new river end tiles but "from his knowledge" this is not considered V3 internally in HiG...

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2021, 04:50:30 AM »
Let's see if in a couple of weeks or so we are out of the dark.  ;D

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2021, 07:01:53 AM »
I do not think that this is C3. Just modified C2. Before passing to C3, HiG has to convert to C2 Wind Roses, The School, Wheel of Fortune, Besiegers, The Phantom and even The Catapult (improbabil), The Plague (improbabil), The Tunnel (improbabil), Little Buildings (improbabil), Darmstadt Promo (improbabil), Crop Circles I (improbabil) and Games Quarterly #11 (improbabil). Also, HiG has to launch the 7th expansion for C2.
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 47,200+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2021, 07:14:36 AM »
They will never fill the gap of the Exp. 7.

As to the other expansions, they can continue to convert them to C2/C3 at their own pace if they are interested... They may drop two of them per year. No rush. >:D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
smiley
WTS Carcassonne Big Box 4 - 2012 Basic game & 9 expansions dutch language

Started by The-Edge

2 Replies
Last post April 24, 2021, 12:26:36 PM
by The-Edge
question
Carcassonne without the Basic Game?

Started by JGreystone

16 Replies
Last post August 06, 2017, 03:35:23 PM