Author Topic: Brettspiel Advent Calendar  (Read 29748 times)

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
Brettspiel Advent Calendar
« on: July 30, 2015, 08:56:07 PM »
News has reached me via http://www.spielen.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=346402&start=10 that this year Brettspiel is releasing an advent calendar through Spielbox Magazine. It will include 24 (or 25?) separate small expansions for many games, including Carcassonne! Whether this will be a new expansion or a reprint of an old one is not currently known, but regardless this may be a fun Christmas indeed.

The full press release, in German, is this:
Jedes Türchen für die Tage der Adventszeit kommt mit einer anderen kleinen Erweiterung für ein beliebtes Brett- oder Kartenspiel daher. Die Liste der Spiele, für die im Adventskalender eine Erweiterung enthaltenen ist, umfasst sogar den aktuellen Spiel des Jahres-Preisträger 2015 Colt Express.

Die vollständige Liste in alphabetischer Reihenfolge ist: Abyss, Arler Erde, Bohnanza, Cacao, Carcassonne, Catan, Colt Express, Die Burgen von Burgund, Doctor Panic, El Gaucho, Funkenschlag, Glasstraße, Isle of Skye, Las Vegas, Loony Quest, Marvel Dice Masters, Orléans, Rokoko, Splendor, Targi, VivaJava, Wizards, ZhanGuo und Zooloretto.

Wir bedanken uns besonders herzlich bei den Verlagen 2F-Spiele, AbacusSpiele, alea, Amigo Spiele, Argentum Verlag, Asmodee, Bombyx, Catan, dlp Spiele, EggertSpiele, Feuerland, Franckh-Kosmos, Hans im Glück, Libellud, Lookout Spiele, Ludonaute, Mayfair, Pegasus Spiele, Repos Production, Space Cowboys, What's Your Game? und WizKids für ihr Unterstützung.

Der Kalender ist mit einer großen und exklusiven Illustration vom Spiele-Illustrator Klemens Franz auch optisch ein Blickfang. Alle Käufer eines Kalenders unterstützen zusätzlich einen guten Zweck, denn von jedem verkauften Exemplar gehen € 4,- an eine Wohltätigkeitsorganisation.

Der Brettspiel-Adventskalender 2015 hat eine UVP von € 47,99. Auf der Spiel ’15 ist der Adventskalender zum Messepreis von € 45,- zu erhalten.

This may be the single-largest collaboration between the major European games companies to date. Who's excited for this!?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1983.0

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
Re: Brettspiel Advent Calendar
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 08:58:14 PM »
Totally replying to my own post, but I'm excited to get the Carcassonne, Catan, Castles of Burgundy, and Zooloretto expansions. I took the first and last of those games with me to New Zealand, and I've been keeping up with all the expansions for the four of them for years, so that alone makes this an exciting set. I really hope, though, that they are going to made available separately as well since I don't own the other 20 games listed. Fortunately, all my games are language-independent usually, unlike many of the others.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 12:23:47 AM »
the Advent calendar with mini-expansions of different board games:

For a playing group (where they almost have all of the games) is this a great idea.
I have my Carcassonne collection - that means this is nothing for me.

They produce only 3000 pieces of this advent calendar - made by "Frosted Games".
The publisher Frosted Games runs by Matthias Nagy (darkpact). He has an own blog and is a part of the  podcast (http://bretterwisser.de/). He is well known in the boardgame scene.

Here is a an interview with Matthias Nagy from Sebastian Wenzel (www.spielama.de)

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 01:34:40 AM »
only 1 game i have in my collection and its carcassonne..

Hopefully the expansion will be available to all, because 50 euro is a bit to much for me.. even if i could sell all the separate parts..

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 01:49:20 AM »
It would be nice to see some photos of the actual content.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 02:38:37 AM »
I'm more interessted in how many tiles. It says expansion and I would hope this means more than just 1-3 tiles.

Image source: http://frostedgames.de/shop/brettspiel-adventskalender-2015-spiel-2015-selbstabholer/
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 04:16:53 AM »
Follow the Frosted Games link kettlefish put up and some of your questions will be answered. Also check out the Discussion Forum on BGG for the calendar—the designer has responded to some concerns. 22 of the 24 expansions will be unique, but some may be available from the publishers at at a later point in time. They will all be small, promo-sized expansions composed of cards or tiles (no mats, figures, or dice apparently).

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 04:30:37 AM »
I did visit BGG.com and followed Twitter etc. Not much info there atm and the rest was in foreign language(s).  :@

The big question we should ask is (for those solemny interested in Carcassonne only): Which will be cheaper? To buy the entire calendar or just the loose tiles from auctions/sales.

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 04:37:04 AM »
Follow the Frosted Games link kettlefish put up and some of your questions will be answered. Also check out the Discussion Forum on BGG for the calendar—the designer has responded to some concerns. 22 of the 24 expansions will be unique, but some may be available from the publishers at at a later point in time. They will all be small, promo-sized expansions composed of cards or tiles (no mats, figures, or dice apparently).

So from what i see is that there are 22 unique expansions and 1 wasnt available in germany before..
23 of the exansions are language independent. so that wont be a problem.

He said that for 2 expansions he wasnt able to create new promos.. so my guess is that the new carcassonne expansion is language independent and unique.

considering its a fairly big package my guess is that we can see 1-8 tiles. but not more..

Carcassonne 1 or 2?.. my biggest question for now.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 04:45:12 AM »
I did visit BGG.com and followed Twitter etc. Not much info there atm and the rest was in foreign language(s).  :@

The big question we should ask is (for those solemny interested in Carcassonne only): Which will be cheaper? To buy the entire calendar or just the loose tiles from auctions/sales.

BGG - Are these new expansions or existing ones?
Quote from: 'Matthias Nagy (darkpact) - at BGG
22 of these 24 expansions are completely new and never been distributed before. And they will not be available outside this product before Essen 2016, if at all.

And I say always - please wait...  >:D
You know it  - there is a CundCo-Shop...

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 08:30:18 AM »
So no expansion for regular carcassonne but an expansion for the winter edition!

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 10:39:32 AM »
At least that means it's not carcassonne 2
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 12:29:15 PM »
At least that means it's not carcassonne 2

I bet if it was more catapult tiles you guys would fine with it ok as long as it's not v2.0!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 11:06:24 AM by Paul »

Offline cidervampire

• Vassal
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2015, 10:44:29 AM »
I would buy it but there is always the chance it could be The Gingerbread Man. I play loads of games so it'll most likely have some stuff for me.

Maybe Santa Claus tokens to fire at your cities with the catapult to deliver presents to your meeples would be fun!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Brettspiel Advent Calendar 2018

Started by Decar

7 Replies
Last post October 30, 2018, 03:34:43 AM
by Decar
xx
Brettspiel Advent Calendar 2015 - day by day

Started by Paul

56 Replies
Last post December 24, 2015, 09:42:54 AM