Carc Central Community > Community Rules (Meepledrone & Friends)

Markets of Leipzig - Crossroads with trees

<< < (2/7) > >>

DIN0:
Of course it's arbitrary - every single expansion in C2 has the clause about "being designed for base game only".

DrMeeple:
HiG wants to make more money with expansions but doesn't want to assume the responsibility that this implies in expanding the rules of Carcassonne's universe... It isn't fair for the Carcassonne game itself that deserves seriousness and coherence as it should ... But this already seems somewhat frivolous and it takes away prestige on the ludic's world...

Bumsakalaka:
Except large expansions. They have part with interactions with other large expansions.
Also HiG solve clarifications ofly for base game, expansion - base game and large expansion - large expansion questions.
All questions with interaction between any mini expansion with another expansions (large or mini) are anwered by their prime directive.
But maybe in C3 situation will be changed. How know :)

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

DrMeeple:

--- Quote from: Bumsakalaka on December 12, 2021, 02:40:53 AM ---Except large expansions. They have part with interactions with other large expansions.
Also HiG solve clarifications ofly for base game, expansion - base game and large expansion - large expansion questions.
All questions with interaction between any mini expansion with another expansions (large or mini) are anwered by their prime directive.
But maybe in C3 situation will be changed. How know :)

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

--- End quote ---

Anyway it's sad... I vote to create a crowfunding to send Meepledrone to HiG and fix all the mess that they create... Who is joining?

Meepledrone:
We all know and suffer from this. The aim here is to discuss what would seem most appropriate in these undefined cases.

So getting back to business:
* In a C2 base game you have 8 junctions with villages and none with trees. This is the target for Markets of Leipzig.
* In a C1 base game you have 5 junctions with villages and 3 with trees. This is not the target for Markets of Leipzig, since the Tanners quarter bonus, for example, relies on symbols that do not exist in C1 tiles (i.e. sheds) and farmhouses that may compare to those tiny farm cottages (the compatibility issue is covered in a different question).

The point here is if we should treat junctions with trees equivalent to junctions with villages (I'm avoiding the use of the word crossroads ;)) for Markets of Leipzig and making a coherent decision keeping an eye on Th Tollkeepers:
* Pros:
   * C1 compatibility: The C1 base game distribution would be equivalent and provide the same number of junctions (with and without villages).
   * C1 and C2 road adjacency: Junctions with trees do not pose a connectivity issue for roads, since there is not feature in between.
* Cons:
   * C2 rules demand villages: The Market of Leipzig rules require villages at junctions.
   * C2 relevance of villages: The Tollkeepers have turned villages into a claimable feature for tollhouses. Would it be thematically coherent to place a tollhouse on a junction with trees the same as on a junction with a village? 
   * C2 graphic decisions affecting the tile distribution: At a certain point, HiG discarded junctions with trees from the base game (check the CRRR tile with the red meeple bottom right, which was included by mistake in this Mini #4 - The Goldmines example). It would have reopened the open junction issue.

Please compare it to this junction with trees included in Exp. 3 - The Princess & the Dragon:

I acknowledge all these issues but currently I'm inclined to consider only villages for Markets of Leipzig and The Tollkeepers. It is clear to me that HiG didn't care about the lack of backwards compatibility, so twisting the C2-only rules to make room for full-blown C1 compatibility can become awkward... Nevertheless, we can provide a Community Rule to provide a certain degree of compatibility on a separate discussion.

In this case, it is a matter of thematic integrity vs. tile distribution.

What do you think?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version