Carc Central Community > Strategy Guide

Tactical Tuesday -- Week 07

(1/4) > >>

kothmann:
See the series introduction here.

<--Last Week

JCloisterZone File.

Introduction: So far, situations have mostly been about battles for cities and farms.  I was working on some Cloister and/or Farm-merging ideas when I stumbled across this situation, early in a self-play game.  Even thought it is again mostly about a city battle, I thought it was very interesting, so I'm sharing it here.

Also a bit short on time so using JCZ game images.  :-)

Configuration: Base game only (72 tiles & 7 meeples per player)

Players: Black, Green, Red, Yellow (order of play as listed, alphabetical by color name).

Score: B=4, G=R=Y=0

Previous Turns & Scoring:
 1. B[ 0; 1] RRCR / knight / B+4
 2. G[-1; 0] RRRC / knight /
 3. R[ 0;-1] FCFC / knight /
 4. Y[ 1;-1] RRRR / /
 5. B[ 0;-2] FCFF / knight /
 6. G[ 0;-3] FFFF / monk /
 7. R[ 2;-1] FFFC / /
 8. Y[ 2;-2] FFCC / knight /

Current Decision (photo below):
Black has now drawn a CCFF tile.
Where should they place the tile?
Should they place a meeple and if so, where?
Please offer comments on moves 5-8 as well!

Option A (photo below)
[ 3;-1], CCFF, meeple as knight in the city.

Option B (photo below)
[ 2;-3], CCFF, meeple as knight in the city.

Option C (photo below)
[ 1;-3], FCCF, meeple as knight in the city.

Option D (photo below)
[ 0;-4], FFCC, meeple as knight in the city.

Option E (none of the above)
Please describe a better play in your reply.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5512.0

Ker42:
I like Option B.  It's the start to a nice unshared city, and it doesn't help green's monastery.  Another viable option would be a variation of Option C but turned -90 degrees so that the newly placed black knight is facing the contested city, thus giving black dominance if connected.  But this would tie up another meeple and continue a battle for a city that may never be finished, so I prefer the simpler, cleaner Option B.  :black1-meeple: 

Allograft:

--- Quote from: Ker42 on October 19, 2021, 07:37:50 AM ---I like Option B.  It's the start to a nice unshared city, and it doesn't help green's monastery.  Another viable option would be a variation of Option C but turned -90 degrees so that the newly placed black knight is facing the contested city, thus giving black dominance if connected.  But this would tie up another meeple and continue a battle for a city that may never be finished, so I prefer the simpler, cleaner Option B.  :black1-meeple:

--- End quote ---

Concur

Willem:
I agree with that, Option B gives you a nice start to a city, and might even limit Green's monastery

Bumsakalaka:
Well. I wanted to write that my choose is clear and it is C.
But last game I lost because my daughter not place Cccc tile and I don Arn double bonus.
So It important also to consider also this option. Block close of city to not allow to score double points.
Hore is quite different option due to black have only one point.
Ok. We don't need to spoke about missing options (on [-1;-3] which allows to invade black into city. Because it option for green to block 4 meeples.
So Option B is nice. Option C is safe. For future game development and possibility to get point from large city.

So Is very beginning of game.
My option is C

Maybe in same situaiton but in later turn (30-60 tiles placed) in game development, or on really close to end of game, my decision will be different.

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version