Author Topic: Cundco shipping issue  (Read 2725 times)

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Cundco shipping issue
« on: March 17, 2021, 06:10:59 PM »
I ordered some stuff from Cundco for C2 on Jan 27 to be shipped to California. On the tracking, it was picked up from Cundco on Feb 3 and then left Frankfurt on Feb 4. The last entry in tracking is "The shipment will be transported to the destination country/destination area and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization"

At this point, there have been no updates since Feb 4. I haven't received it yet. On March 10, I emailed service@cundco.de and let them know I hadn't received the package yet. I also asked them when it would be considered lost, such that they would dispatch a replacement. I received no response. I emailed again on March 15. Again, no response yet.

Anything thoughts on what next steps might be? I really would prefer not to escalate things to credit card disputes. -  :pink-meeple:

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5118.0

Offline MeepleFriend

• Villein
  • Merit: 1
  • You haven't updated your profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Cundco shipping issue
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 08:11:47 PM »
Hi Allograft,

I had a similar issue here stateside as well— ordered from Cundoco in November, and it was mid February before I received my shipment in Kentucky. Just like you, I saw that the items had been shipped from Germany fairly quickly cleared customs, with the last update of “The shipment will be transported to the destination country/destination area and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization" just like you have.

I emailed Cundco about it in late January, and they asked me to wait another week or two. They were very apologetic and offered to reship the order at no cost to me. Waited about three weeks, and they followed up with me. The day after they sent that email, my order arrived through regular mail— small box wrapped in brown paper.

For whatever reason, regular shipping/low priority international mail is sometimes taking forever. I’ve heard that the international sorting centers in New Jersey, Baltimore, and LA have become incredibly slow since the DeJoy fiasco with the postal system last October.

I don’t know if my experience illuminates anything for your situation, but I did have to wait much longer than I would have expected to—longer than I ever have for international shipping— and I had the exact same tracking status, up until I received the order (without even an “out for delivery” update.)

I hope your order arrives soon! If you contact Cundco customer service, they will be very helpful and try to make sure you are made whole or get your items— I had nothing but a great set of interactions with them. Just be prepared for delays due to time zones and the odd English sentence or two due to imperfect translations!

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 10:26:16 PM »
Interesting. The frustrating thing for me is that I had two separate packages shipped from two separate sellers in Germany on Feb 23. One arrived March 4, and the other arrived March 8. I also had something shipped from Switzerland on Feb 23 that arrived on March 8. So, I've had multiple parcels from across the pond that arrived timely, so I'm baffled by the one from CundCo. Nevertheless, it may be what it is. -  :pink-meeple:

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 12:32:29 AM »
Do you know if it has been shipped as a parcel or a letter?

I don't know how it is now, but based on experiences between October 2020 and February 2021, letters are delivered in a fair time from Europe to the US, but parcels take about 4 to 7 days from origin to US customs, and then 4 weeks from US customs to final destination.

For two parcels I shipped, there was 2 weeks delay between arrival at US customs and first treatment by US customs, implying the tracking service wasn't updated during those two weeks (status was still "shipped by plane to the destination country", even though it was already at the US customs).

So if your shipment is a parcel, it may arrive soon. But I think two months is a maximum !

Well... Davide had to wait 3 months for a letter to arrive in Mexico from Spain...
http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4911.msg75772#msg75772

I hope you're gonna get your shipment soon !  :yellow-meeple:

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 12:36:18 AM »
Oh, and the parcels I'm talking about were registered and priority parcels. Standard / low priority parcels may take a lot longer (Swiss post is currently refusing to ship low priority parcels to the US because of the delay, we can only ship priority parcels to the US.  :o

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 04:41:32 AM »
It's unusual for Cundco to not reply to their emails.  I'll check back here in a couple of days and see if they've replied.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 05:29:56 AM »
HiG and Cundco must be overwhelmed with the 20th Anniversary. I happened to write to them because 999Games was missing from the 20th Anniversary and they just replied after a month.
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 10:49:36 AM »
Cundco should be exceedingly grateful to this community. As a person who deals in conflict, dispute, and legal litigation, youse have helped set the expectation that a reasonable waiting period is 10 weeks before escalating any issues. Quite frankly, if Cundco customer service is observing this thread, I think that they should privately contact each of the responding and supportive posters to send you each a tchotchke. -  :pink-meeple:

Offline PurpleMeeple

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 8
  • CII Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2021, 11:54:03 AM »
I just got some emails today in reply to my last email I sent them regarding issues with the website.  That last email I sent was from last week in January.

The reply today did apologise for the delayed response, explaining they are inundated with emails lately.

They did not answer the additional question about possible availability of winter edition with river on Cundco though emoji code848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PM
:violet-meeple:

It's all fun and games.. until you add The Tower expansion! ;-)

Online Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2021, 03:16:14 PM »

Maybe right place to ask can be Asmodee, because this company distribute it in Germany. Maybe it there will be another channel where to buy.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 12:12:03 AM by Decar »
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline totec55

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2021, 10:36:40 PM »
I know it is frustrating, but I'm sure it will eventually show up. I ordered from Cundco mid December and did not get the package until last week (I'm in Florida). Things are very slow!

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2021, 10:43:21 PM »
Fair enough. No filing a lawsuit then. -  :pink-meeple:

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2021, 12:27:57 AM »

Maybe right place to ask can be Asmodee, because this company distribute it in Germany. Maybe it there will be another channel where to buy.

Asmodee is the retail distributor. They make sure 1000s of copies of the game get from factories to various places so they can be sold.  Cundco is acting as a retailer in this case.  You'd be better to ask DHL where the package is.

Also, there's no need to quote the previous message in a thread, so I've removed it. You can just hit reply to continue dialog.

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2021, 01:15:09 AM »
Can I press rather than hit...I prefer non-violence as taught by Mahatma Ghandi ... except for my barnstorming farmers with my piggies - :pink-meeple:

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2021, 11:19:14 AM »
The irony is not lost on me that a couple days after I started this thread and after I made a second purchase from CundCo yesterday...the first parcel's tracking showed up Stateside in the wee hours of the morning today. -  :pink-meeple:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Cundco shipping costs

Started by Rosco

3 Replies
Last post November 04, 2014, 05:25:49 AM
by Jéré
clip
Can your postman dig a hole through the Earth to make Cundco shipping cheaper?

Started by Whaleyland

8 Replies
Last post November 27, 2020, 12:03:13 AM
by Meepledrone
exclamation
Does Cundco do shipping to Canada?

Started by loki

8 Replies
Last post September 13, 2015, 02:47:18 PM
by Vasek
xx
Shipping to the EU from the UK - Import Taxes & Customs