Carc Central Community > General

Carcassonne background pictures for phones/tablets/computers

(1/3) > >>

jungleboy:
Hi everyone,

I often search for Carcassonne pictures to use as my background on my phone/tablet/laptop and I don’t find as many photos as I’d like. So I decided to make my own this morning with some nice sunlight coming through the window.

Here are the first 12 that I’ve ‘published’ on Flickr under the new account carcassonne_game. So far I have only done aerial shots from directly above. This showcases the tiles well but isn't as good for followers (except farmers). Also, I experimented with the light a bit - some have shadows on them and others don’t. I wanted to have the tiles in sunlight because it makes them more colourful and dynamic, but this means that the followers have (rather long) shadows.

This is what I’ve done so far:

- I made two different configurations for different screen sizes - 4x3 tiles and 3x2 tiles.

- I took some photos with followers and some without followers.

- For the 3x2 tile configuration, I made a ‘horizontal’ version and a ‘vertical’ version (which in this case just meant turning the cloister around).

- For all versions, I made one with a border (which is just the surrounding table) and one without.

I used only tiles from the base game, but I would love to make backgrounds for a lot of the expansions as well.

Are you guys interested in more of these? If so, I would appreciate feedback on the following (or any other feedback):
- Do you like them with followers or without?
- Do you like them with borders or without?
- Are the followers' shadows a problem?

Cheers,
jungleboy

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1216.0

danisthirty:
I like these a lot! I often post Carcassonne pictures on the Twitter feed but there isn't really a lot out there. Not of this quality anyway. I will certainly be posting some of these tomorrow morning if that's OK with you?

I think what you include in the pictures depends on the style you're going for. If it's simply the landscape then you should probably ignore the meeples. If it's some element of a game that you want to depict then they're pretty much essential to it! Personally I prefer the ones with the meeples in (with shadows) but it would be interesting to see what kind of effect bridges, castles, towers, phantoms etc might have.

Finally, I like the way the photos were lit as well, and if the quality of all subsequent photos could match the quality of these then I'm very much looking forward to seeing what else you have in store!  :(y)

Darwin:
Looks nice - good pictures :(y)
I like it with the meeples. But in my opinion it’s too much shadow from the meeples, although the natural lighting makes the tiles look really beautiful. ^-^

I have a really big screen, so I need a lot more tiles as a desktop background. :o

Paul:
I like the shadows by meeples. Gives the image depth.  :(y)

AlbinoAsian:
This is awesome. Agree that the lighting and shadows are a beautiful touch. Here is a thankyou from me

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version