Author Topic: Looking for more standard tile expansions  (Read 885 times)

Offline PapaGeek

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • The box needs a highly addictive warning label
    • View Profile
Looking for more standard tile expansions
« on: April 15, 2023, 01:21:00 AM »
Our group started playing Carcassonne in 2020 because COVID basically forced us to limit our social group gatherings.  We all started with Big Box 6 and, as we got addicted to the game, expanded our game nights with a variety of standard and fan expansions:

• Flying Machines, both the BB6 Road tiles and the fan-expansion City tiles
  • Exp5: Abbey and Mayor with Barn and Wagon
  • C2 fan version of Besieged City tiles
  • 20th Anniversary tiles
  • The Phantom
  • Princess and Dragon
  • Goldmines
  • The Tower
  • Halflings 1 & 2
  • Under the Big Top
  • Our own C2 version of The Festival tiles
  • Our own Center Scoreboard start tile

We are always looking for other expansion that are played with basically standard tiles.  It seems as if a lot of the newer expansions seem to include odd shaped tiles and cardboard tokens that are placed on the tiles.

While writing this post, I found three downloadable C2 images for “The Wells” on Carcassonne Central. That is exactly what we are looking for; the images are just tiles, they all have standard BB6 City, Road & Field edges, and they merely add another feature that could easily have existed during the initial settlement of the region around 3500 BC: Water Wells.

Thanks in advance for any other suggestions you can provide!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6340.0
Totally addicted to this game

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
Re: Looking for more standard tile expansions
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2023, 09:04:25 AM »
Wolnic has created a list of expansions which can be filtered.

https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Expansion_List_-_Test

I see 512 expansions which I think would match your criteria. Here are the filter settings that I used:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline PapaGeek

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2023, 01:59:03 PM »
Thanks Scott, that page will probably be exactly what I’m looking for, but from what I am seeing so far, there is no “display” button to display the list based on “selector” settings!

How did you get your list? What button on link did you select to get the list?

The bottom of the page currently says “Category: Under Construction”, and it was last edited on 10 January 2023.  Any idea when the page will be completed so I can request a list of Expansions?

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 207
  • Ummm and Ahhh! Can't decide!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2023, 04:11:04 PM »
The table sections below the selector automatically update and show all the matching expansions depending on the selections. There is no "button" to run the query.

The current version is, more or less, ready to go to a final location on the site. However, all of the Musings are currently shown (they don't conform to the selection criteria) and that has to be fixed first, and I'd like to put the explanatory tables into separate info tabs. There are then some data updates to be applied once it goes live.

On a full screen this is what it should look like ...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 04:35:59 PM by wolnic »
AutumnForest (C2), Catch Of The Day (C1/2/WD), Cliffs&W'falls (C1/2), Coast (C1/2), FishHuts (C2), Fluvium (C2), NewForest (C2), Harvest (C1/2), Stone Circles (C1/2), Wells (C2), Jordan River 2 (AotC), River I/II (GR)
Devt: Sakura (C2), WinterEdge (C1), WinterCoast (WD/WE) and others

Offline PapaGeek

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2023, 09:41:27 PM »
Thanks wolnic, the image in your post is exactly what I am looking for, but the image on the provided “Under Construction” link does not include the expanded data under the info tab headlines.

Take your time and do the proper testing, do you have any estimate on when the functional data page will be ready to publish?

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2023, 02:17:10 AM »
There is no other version that is more complete than what is on that page. The “Under Construction” at the bottom is just a tag to give an indication of the page’s status, and clicking on that link probably takes you to a page showing all the pages on the site with that status. When we go live, the status tag will change. We used these early on with the site as all new pages went through a create/check/approve work stream so that any silly errors could be picked up and fixed.

The link Scott gave will give you the results I showed, but, at first, with nothing selected, you only get the section headers for the results. You also have to check most parts of the Selector to get anything to display. Try the settings exactly as shown and then let us know what you see. If it’s not what I had in the second image, something must be wrong somewhere that requires investigating. If you want to filter the results more you can then use the two lower selection criteria to filter by author name or features, such as City or Dragon.

By “going live” with it will mean removing the “Test” from the page name and adding links to it from the Fan Expansion page and possibly the Home Page too. I need to discuss this with @Meepledrone, who has some program changes to make to cope with data structure changes I want to remove unused data columns.

The extra tabs will contain the two explanatory tables so they don’t fill the main page, but they’ve not been created yet. That’s part of the final changes, too.

The numbers that show in the Filter tab indicate how many matches have been found and are displayed below. Initially it will be 0/1316 (if there are 1316 entries in the data file) but it changes to, say, 512/1316, when any results are shown.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 02:29:40 AM by wolnic »

Offline PapaGeek

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2023, 04:44:16 AM »
Thank you, it is working the way that you said.  I did not have Authors and Features checked.  My assumption was that the default was every author and every feature unless I opened it up and chose only the Authors and Features that I wanted.

AH, but the unchecked boxes mean that I wanted no authors and no features! So the results were blank.

And the default settings on the page when you follow the link is that every box is unchecked.

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2023, 05:25:19 AM »
Glad to hear you're getting the results now. I think I had a similar problem (assuming that if I select just the "C1" entry it would include any expansion tagged as C1) when I was initially trying to test it was working (it's meepledrone's code).

If you check Authors (or Features) at the top level it selects them all. If you want to restrict them to one or two specifics, best to leave unchecked at first, then expand the group and select the ones you want.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2023, 12:50:22 PM »
That initialization of that list is horrible. Currently working on expansion selector for fan expansions. I think that I found ice way how to deal with them.

But there is different initial status. Where you want to hide all on beginning.

Maybe for lists like expansions list will be good that everything will be selected from beginnig and there will be pagination.

But this will not work without database approach. Or we can simulate pagination.

Hmm what do you think

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2023, 05:03:30 AM »
Sounds like you should be considering starting to make your own :D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Standard version questions about putting a pawns

Started by merqn

13 Replies
Last post July 02, 2016, 05:00:20 AM
by Paul
grin
Non-standard uses for gaming material

Started by DIN0

2 Replies
Last post March 02, 2022, 01:04:18 PM
by DIN0
xx
HAVE: Empty Big Box WANT: Empty Standard Box

Started by AntisocialOcelot

1 Replies
Last post February 03, 2018, 12:11:13 PM
by Rosco
xx
Which games or expansions are you looking forward to in 2018?

Started by jungleboy

36 Replies
Last post April 04, 2018, 02:27:57 AM
by Decar
clip
Looking for Expansions in Old Art Style

Started by Ted649

7 Replies
Last post February 02, 2018, 04:57:33 PM
by InTheDark