Author Topic: Spiel ‘22 tile at Cundco this Friday (the 18th)?  (Read 2747 times)

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
Re: Spiel ‘22 tile at Cundco this Friday (the 18th)?
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2022, 12:57:56 PM »
Finally ordered everything from the past several months! I can breathe a sigh of relief that they still had the Ukraine stuff in stock. The only thing I wasn’t able to order was a set of 50/100 tiles in the current art style. I wanted to get it for my 20th Anniversary Edition, but they’re out of stock for some reason.

Because I bought two maps and Mists, my shipping was always going to be in the €50+ category, so I got as much as was reasonable. Total order was $140 USD, so quite a haul. Hopefully I don’t need to order anything from them again until next year.

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2022, 10:07:38 PM »
Order placed right after Willem's post, thanks for the update!

The Advent package wasn't really interesting this year, no new mini-expansion?  ???
Si I didn't order it but ordered some more Ukraine tiles to reach 20 Euros and grab a spiel 2022 tile.

If anyone's interested, I'll sell the extra Ukraine tiles for 300 Euros  >:D
Just kidding, for 3 Euros :yellow-meeple:

Offline gabrielgeek

• Freeman
  • Merit: 6
  • I'm a monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2022, 05:30:22 AM »
Everything I needed I had already ordered when the autumn stuff was released. But I really wanted the Spiel 2022 tile, so I ordered some really random stuff to reach 20€
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 10:35:53 AM by gabrielgeek »

Offline gamgeefan2

• Duke
  • Merit: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2022, 07:37:17 AM »
Just got back from a week long business trip so hadn't been checking the forum daily.  Glad I checked this morning!   I didn't think the Christmas sale would start so early.

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2022, 03:44:33 PM »
Interesting how last year the Spiel '21 tiles sold out within a few hours of release, yet this year they are still available a few days after launch and the supply doesn't seem to have been impacted at all by the second game fair a few weeks back. This suggests to me that Hans im Gluck has finally increased the print runs of these rare and highly-sought annual tiles.

On a personal note, now I'm a little bitter that I had to wake up at 5:00 am on Saturday when I could have just ordered them when I woke up. At least I will retain a complete set of Spiel '22 tiles, even if my credit card bill is crying from the purchase.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 03:47:03 PM by Whaleyland »

Offline Weetek23

• Vassal
  • Merit: 0
  • Always ready of one more ... tile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2022, 07:31:45 AM »
It is really quite astonishing how long the Spiel '22 tile lasts on the Advent offer. Few weeks back, i was biting my nails, asking myslef if the Ukraine Promo tile would last until the Advent sale. In the end, to stay on the safe side and avoid potentially seeking it on the second-hand market, I ordered three pieces right on ... only to see that it remained on sale until today with no shortage. Which is actually good news as it is a release that has a respectable purpose.

Then, I was quite sure that the Spiel '22 tile will be harvested within hours as it happened last year, especially since another give-away in Munich took place beside the usual Essen occassion. When the date and time leaked, I prepared and then spent extra hour at work on Friday afternoon, waiting anxiously (and gaining undeserved credit from my boss who noticed me staying in the office for that long...). When the sale started, I even made a mistake at first ordering as I wrongly included the postage into the 20-Euro limit, panicking for a while and then re-ordering with one item more in a cold sweat, finally taking a deep relieved breath when my updated order was confirmed and the previous, insuffcient one swiftly cancelled with immediate money return - great job this time, Cundo customer service! ... And now, Monday afternoon, 3 days later, the tile is still on sale :-) Again, it is actually a good thing. I am probably just one of many who feel that the Spiel tiles frenzy got a bit too far last years with scalpers and profiteers offering these items for ridiculously high prices that turned into a collectors´ headache something that was originally meant to be a treat to the Carcassonne community. So I applaud to HiG if they decided to get things back to the ground and released apparently sufficient number of copies.

But if I had to wake up especially for the order as Whaleyland, I may not be that reconciled after all :-)))

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • Carcassonne is only complete with 11th expansion:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2022, 02:43:12 PM »
The fact that it lasted this long is shocking! A change for the better - last year was trully ridiculous, just ten hours!

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2022, 03:42:34 PM »
A friend of mine just submitted his order and no issues with the Spiel'22... Still in stock. ;D
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
smiley
[WTT] Spiel 22 promo tile for Spiel 23 promo tile - Done => Topic can be closed

Started by LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

2 Replies
Last post November 21, 2023, 04:34:18 PM
by LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)
xx
Trade my Spiel 14 tile for your Spiel 15 tile

Started by pinback

0 Replies
Last post October 17, 2015, 10:16:55 AM