Carc Central Community > News and Events

Essen Spiel 2022 meetup

(1/11) > >>

Decar:
Some folks from CarcC are attending Essen Spiel later this year. It runs from October 5-9th.

I'll be there with Dan, Willem and RichTheFish from Thursday until Monday.

We're thinking of organizing a stop-and-say-hello session; that often acts as a good break from the chaos in the main fair.

Alternatively, we can meetup for a little longer, perhaps later in the day, perhaps I can book a table in a local restaurant for some dinner too.

No doubt there's time for a game of Carcassonne, and maybe that new promo or expansion... if it's not too foggy.

Let us know when you're attending, and if you'd like to say hello!

WHEN AND WHERE
We're meeting upstairs in the front foyer of the Messe at 2pm on Thursday and at 2pm on Saturday.
We'll likely be watching potions of the tournament held on Sunday.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6001.0

wallaceprime:
I should be arriving in Essen mid to late afternoon on the Saturday, playing in the championships on Sunday (due to finish by around 17:00), then setting back home via Dusseldorf airport mid-afternoon on Monday, and would be happy to meet-up anywhere in that mix  :D

Decar:
Sounds like you won't have too much time to see the fair! It closes around 5pm or 6pm. The tournament lasts a full day too (hopefully)!

Hopefully we can catch up on Sunday evening; but you'll see us waving flags from the side-lines during the tournament.

Uhome:
I am looking forward to arrive in Essen on Sat morning. I Hope there is still have enough time to visit the fair after check-in to the hotel. But will be there on Sunday during the tournament as it is THE GATHERING of Carc fans! After that I will leave on Monday.

However, I have to wait until mid Aug before I can book the flights and confirm everything. Hopefully there will still be hotel rooms available!

I like the idea of some dinner in a local restaurant on Sat or Sun evening, although I am happy with a stop-and-say-hello.

Sinscerly:
Hi all,

Im coming for Saturday and perhaps Sunday with miss Sinscerly. I am looking forward to it as it is almost 3 years ago the last time I went. If there is some gathering in the evening Saturday evening would be the best for me.

Walleceprime goodluck for the competition.

-- Members at meeting --

--- Quote from: Decar on July 06, 2022, 01:59:31 AM ---WHEN AND WHERE
We're meeting upstairs in the front foyer of the Messe at 2pm on Thursday and at 2pm on Saturday.
We'll likely be watching potions of the tournament held on Sunday.

--- End quote ---

The list Thursday:
    Benny
    Danisthirty
    Decar
    Meepledrone
    MrNumbers + MrDecimals
    Willem

The list Saturday:
    BigBoss
    Danisthirty
    Decar