Author Topic: The result of my meeting with HiG at Essen 2012  (Read 11499 times)

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
The result of my meeting with HiG at Essen 2012
« on: February 13, 2013, 02:25:13 PM »
From the HiG-Chat - Marion, 21.10.2012 06:56:

@ CARCASSONNECENTRAL

The meeting with HiG - Georg Wild and Christof Tisch – was on Thursday, 18.10.12 - 10:40 to 11:30am at the Spiel 2012 in Essen:
The interview was successful. Here comes the result:

Carcassonne clarifications - October 2012

The Catapult: (the rule)
Knock out - remove followers
The aim is to hit, if possible, other players' followers on the playing field.
The playing field includes the normal tiles and "starting tiles". This means that followers within the "school", "City of Carcassonne", and "Wheel of Fate" can be hit and removed. The special characters such as the count or the teacher stay in their area.
We have agreed that followers on the scoring board should not be taken. This is chaos. So, the scoring board here does not belong to the playing field.

The Festival: (the rule)
Return one of one's own figures from the entire playing area to his or her supply.
The entire playing area behaves as described for the Catapult above.
Thus, a player's own figure (noting that the barn is a figure, as well as pig, builder, etc.) can be taken out of the "City of Carcassonne" and also the "Wheel of Fate". This also applies to the "City of Carcassonne" even if the count is in the same area as the player's own figure.

The Princess and The Dragon
The Dragon: (the rule)
The dragon always moves six tiles, irrespective of the number of players... He may not move onto a tile twice...
The statement "He may not move onto a tile twice" did not clearly define whether the tile that the Dragon started on is also meant or not.
Joint decision - the Dragon can't move back to the tile that he started on.
(Note my part: the Dragon is feeling quite bad when he turns only in circles - also, it makes no sense, since he has eaten it all up on this tile.)

The robbers:
The rules do not explain what happens with the robber when the last tile is placed on the playing field. The question is, can the robber steal points at the final scoring.
Christof Tisch has stated the following for that (in my own words):
When the last tile is placed, scoring for finished features takes place as usual - because the robber can still steal points.
Then all robbers still remaining on the scoring board are returned to their owners (without robbery of points).
After that the actual final scoring begins.

Abbey and Mayor
Barn: (the rule)
Scoring when a farm is connected
No farmer may be deployed to a farm with a barn. If the placement of a tile results in a farm with farmers is being connected to a farm with a barn, the farmers are scored immediately. However, the player with the majority of farmers scores only 1 point for every completed city (with a pig: 2 points instead of 1.) These farmers are then also returned to their owners after scoring.
Concerning the following case:
Blue has the barn on a farm with two finished cities. Through the newly placed tile (by Red), the farm with the red farmer is connected to the farm with the barn on it (Blue).
The question here is, can Red put his pig on this farm?
There was confusion about the following excerpt from the rule:
"..the farmers are scored immediately"
What is the intent of the word "immediately"?
The principle of a turn is as follows:
1. to draw a new land tile and place it
2 to move the wood
3. to score
I asked whether this "immediately" interrupts the principle of a turn.
Clear answer ? NO
This "immediately" means that the farmer does not remain until the final score for the farmers takes place in the usual way, but instead is scored at the end of this player's turn and then removed.
There is no word in the rules that the pig may not stand on the farm with a barn on it. Thus, the pig can stand on the farm with the barn on it.
Red can put the pig (move the wood) on the newly placed tile, and then the scoring takes place - 2 cities, each worth 2 points (instead of only 1 point each without the pig). Then, Red takes back his follower (farmer) and his pig. Of course, the pig cannot stand without a farmer on the farm.
Again to the "move the wood"
A section of a road is shown on this newly placed tile. Red has the ability to place a follower on the road instead of the pig, of course.
(As a basis for this example the corresponding picture of this rule - please look at it.)

Greetings
kettlefish / Marion

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=58.0

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
Re: The result of my meeting with HiG at Essen 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 02:35:58 PM »
From the Carcassonne-Forum - kettlefish » So 2. Dez 2012, 01:25

The Dragon and The City of Carcassonne with the Count

On 18 October 2012 I (kettlefish) was at Spiel 2012 in Essen, where I had a meeting with HiG - Georg Wild and Christof Tisch. Most of the topics I have already recounted in HiG-Chat and posted here in the forum. But the story of the dragon has not yet been told.

Since the City of Carcassonne is a special starting area, it is often assumed that the landscape areas around the actual City of Carcassonne are off limits. No one is allowed to enter these landscape areas.

Now I come to the meeting with HiG:
The fact is that the dragon cannot actually operate within the city walls of the City of Carcassonne. So there all followers are safe from the dragon.
However, the landscape areas around the walled city of Carcassonne are sort of landscape tiles. Thus, when the dragon travels his six tiles, he can be moved there.
If these landscape areas don't have a follower, pig, or builder, he is not able to eat anything and must go hungry. Nevertheless, he may be moved around the walls of the City of Carcassonne - in the landscape areas.

Thanks to Obervet03 for the translation

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 02:37:15 PM »
From the Carcassonne-Forum - kettlefish » So 2. Dez 2012, 01:28

The Dragon and the Wheel of Fortune

On 18 October 2012 I (kettlefish) was at Game 2012 in Essen, where I had a meeting with HiG - Georg Wild and Christof Tisch. Most of the topics I have already recounted in HiG chat and posted here in the forum. But the story of the dragon has not yet been told.

Since the Wheel of Fortune is a special starting area, it is often assumed that the landscape areas around the actual Wheel of Fortune are off limits. No one is allowed to enter these landscape areas.

Now I come to the meeting with HiG:
The fact is that the dragon cannot actually operate within the Wheel of Fortune. So there all followers are safe from the dragon.
However, the landscape areas around Wheel of Fortune are sort of landscape tiles. Thus, when the dragon travels his six tiles, he can be moved there.
If these landscape areas don't have a follower, pig, or builder, he is not able to eat anything and must go hungry. Nevertheless, he may be moved around the Wheel of Fortune - in the landscape areas.

Thanks to Obervet03 for the translation

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 02:46:26 PM »
From the Carcassonne-Forum - kettlefish » Do 6. Dez 2012, 12:42

Mage & Witch - Mini 5

CAR6.1 - Footnote 364
Portions of this paragraph are quite unclear in the original German and need further
clarification. Based on most parts of the rules, it seems that only one figure is moved for each mage
tile placement. What we know: If neither figure is in play, the active player brings one into play. If
both figures are in play, the player moves one of the figures to a different feature. What we don’t
know: What if only one figure is in play? Does the player choose one or the other to move? Both?
Given the use of the word “must”, it seems that the one in play has to be moved, while movement of
the other is optional. Further help is needed.

I also talked with HiG - Georg Wild and Christof Tisch - at Spiel 2012 in Essen about the Mage & Witch:

Only one (1) figure (Mage or Witch) is moving or placing.

1.   both figures are not in play – only one figure (Mage or Witch) is placing to come in play.
2.   one figure is not in play and the other figure is already in play:
The player has the choice to move or to place one (1) figure (that means not both figures).
That means the player can move a figure (that one what is already in play) or can place a figure (that one what is not yet in play).
It is not necessary that then both figures are then in play.
If the player moves a figure (that one what is already in play) – the other figure still stays outside the play.
3.   both figures are already in play – only one figure (Mage or Witch) is moving from one tile to an other tile.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Members and Fan-Meeting - 13.10.2016 in Essen, Germany

Started by kettlefish

38 Replies
Last post November 04, 2016, 09:40:47 PM
by CKorfmann
xx
WTS: My Windroses I (2012 NSOW)

Started by Caciej

2 Replies
Last post June 22, 2017, 10:02:42 AM
by Caciej
xx
Winter edition 2012 for sale

Started by sanne87

2 Replies
Last post April 09, 2021, 03:31:29 AM
by Decar
xx
Big Box 4 (Plus 2012) VS Big Box 5 (Plus 2014) what is the best?

Started by caincarcassonne

11 Replies
Last post April 15, 2015, 11:57:22 PM
by SRBO
xx
Where were you in 2012?

Started by Decar

9 Replies
Last post February 01, 2022, 12:25:25 PM
by Challa007