Author Topic: (Translated) Labyrinths of Carcassonne - Official Advanced Players Variant Rules  (Read 6317 times)

Offline ozgurceylan

• Villein
  • Merit: 5
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Did anyone translated these rules in English or made any clarifications about it?
I think there is no official rules in English and I want to try these rules variant.

The Labyrinths of Carcassonne - Official Advanced Players Variant Rules
http://www.hans-im-glueck.de/fileadmin/data_archive/Regeln/CarcLabyrint_Regel_Final.pdf

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3074.0
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 01:33:10 AM by ozgurceylan »

Offline ozgurceylan

• Villein
    • View Profile
I Google translated the rules. Not so bad, it is clear enough.
(You can see the original rules file on the post above)
Here is the translation;

THE LABYRINTH
Rule for advanced players

In issue 1/2016 the GAME DOCH! There are two new plates for Carcassonne. One was illustrated in the style of the classic edition by Doris Matthäus, the other in the style of the current issue of Anne Pätzke. Both tiles can be used in all editions. The combination with other extensions and mini-extensions is not fully tested and we do not assume any clarifications for these cases.

Play material: 2 landscape tiles with a labyrinth, marked with SD
Gameplay: Mix the mazes under the previous tiles.

1. Place the tiles
If you draw a labyrinth, set it according to normal rules.

2. Use a Meeple
Since the labyrinth makes the interrelations of the streets quite unmanageable, the deployment of the Meeple is differently regulated in this variant. If you lay the Laybrinth, you can also use a Meeple on it, if one or more connected streets is already a Meeple. Those who belong to this meeple do not matter. If you place a tile next to the exit of the Laybrinth on which there is no Meeple, you may use a Meeple there, even on the other streets connected to the Labyrinth and on the Labyrinth itself a Meeple is located.

If you place a street on an existing street on which is already a Meeple, you can however (as before) no meeple. Only for the labyrinth and the four outgoing streets is the exception.

You put the labyrinth at the same time on a street, which you also connect with it. Although there is already a meeple on this street, you can use a meeple on the labyrinth.

Green later lays a road at an unused labyrinth exit. He can also use a meeple, although there are already Meeple on the labyrinth and the adjacent streets.

You later set up a road to a labyrinth exit. Since there is already a black Meeple, you must not put any of your Meeple on the street.

3. Trigger a score
The labyrinth and connected streets are scored when all these streets are completed.

If you have the majority of the Meeple on the maze and connected streets, you get 1 point as usual for each card. In addition, you get 2 points for each meeple that is on the labyrinth or on a connected road. If several players have the majority, each gets the complete points.

All roads are completed. You have the majority together with Black.

You and Black get 8 points for the tiles and 10 points for the 5 Meeple on the tiles. A total of 18 points.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Thanks ozgurceylan - The rules are pretty simple - I guess no one's sat down to translate the HiG rules properly!

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
In the news and events forum section we have a topic about this expansion.
New Magazine and new tiles?

Here is a translation from Fritz_Spinne:
http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2505.msg37803#msg37803

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
And here is an example with the Labyrinths and how it score when playing with other expansions.

Labyrinth - small riddle

Offline ozgurceylan

• Villein
    • View Profile
Thanks kettlefish!

Offline GeorG

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
Hello,
What do you think in this situation when combine Labyrint and Phantom expansions?
For me, this is allowed.

P.S.
The Phantom is red!  :red-meeple:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 12:47:58 AM by GeorG »

Offline ozgurceylan

• Villein
    • View Profile
I think it is allowed.

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
I think no... I think the 4 roads count like the labyrints in the center... I think...

Offline Thrawn

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • WTB Russian Promos
    • View Profile
Hi.

I think it is not a legal move as you place your normal follower and your phantom on the same feature of a tile.

Usually when you play the phantom:
- First you put your normal follower to a feature of a just drawn tile
- THAN you place the phantom to a DIFFERENT feature of the same tile (exceptions of course exsists such as the magic waygate from the Princess and Dragons where with that feature you could place your phantom or normal follower to a different tile than the just drawn tile)

Regards,
Thrawn

Offline ARabidMeerkat

• Count
  • Merit: 2
  • To play or not to play... that is the question!
    • View Profile
Hi.

I think it is not a legal move as you place your normal follower and your phantom on the same feature of a tile.

Usually when you play the phantom:
- First you put your normal follower to a feature of a just drawn tile
- THAN you place the phantom to a DIFFERENT feature of the same tile (exceptions of course exsists such as the magic waygate from the Princess and Dragons where with that feature you could place your phantom or normal follower to a different tile than the just drawn tile)

Regards,
Thrawn

So what constitutes as a 'different feature'? Some could say that the Labyrinth and the roads are in fact different features. In the other hand, the fact that they both score points from roads only could suggest otherwise
If only I had another Halfling.....

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
The road network associated with the labyrinth is all one feature. (You can only add thieves to it while the whole thing is unfinished, it all completes at the same time, it all scores at the same time, etc.) The phantom, by its own rules, must deploy to a second (i.e. different) feature, and the labyrinth rules do not override that in any way.

Furthermore, the CAR version 7.4 emphasizes in footnote 441 that phantoms must deploy to unoccupied features. Now, the labyrinth does have a couple of special rules allowing certain kinds of "occupation overrides":
  • When deploying your thief to the labyrinth tile, you can ignore thieves on the branches (but not on the labyrinth tile itself).
  • When adding a new tile to a particular branch and deploying the first thief to that branch, you can ignore thieves on other branches and the labyrinth tile.
Neither of those special cases says you can ignore the thief on the labyrinth tile in order to deploy another thief on the labyrinth tile, so I'd have to say that neither the labyrinth rules nor the phantom rules allow this. (Could be a fun house rule, though.)
My stuff: The Caverns of Carcassonne | Wheel of Fortune versions | True North (wind roses) | Icon facelifts | Converting CII to CI | Signposts & the Château | The Vault | Riverboats & the Whirlpool | trade list

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
Basic advanced Labyrinth rules question!

Started by cicerunner

1 Replies
Last post February 17, 2020, 09:23:52 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Swedish rules are very poorly translated

Started by Andreas

2 Replies
Last post April 13, 2015, 02:59:10 PM
by Andreas
clip
Mega Civilization (Advanced Civilization) 9 player game session.

Started by Paul

4 Replies
Last post June 18, 2016, 10:07:47 PM
by franks
xx
The two big ROUNDED LABYRINTHS tiles, doubt.

Started by Carca_Maker

6 Replies
Last post September 17, 2019, 03:38:28 AM
by Carca_Maker
xx
Fan expansion The Labyrinths for JCloisterZone 5.7.4

Started by Bumsakalaka

6 Replies
Last post May 24, 2022, 05:09:26 AM
by Bumsakalaka