Author Topic: Carcassonne 2 – you don't have to be a weatherman  (Read 9540 times)

Gerry

Re: Carcassonne 2 – you don't have to be a weatherman
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2014, 05:03:29 AM »
I notice that amazon canada are selling the new edition at a $20 markup over the price that is usually charged  - maybe they figure it will be a limited collectors edition.

quite an amazing range of prices for carcassone stuff on amazon it really pays to know where to shop for this stuff.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne 2 – you don't have to be a weatherman
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 05:44:34 AM »
I notice that amazon canada are selling the new edition at a $20 markup over the price that is usually charged  - maybe they figure it will be a limited collectors edition.

quite an amazing range of prices for carcassone stuff on amazon it really pays to know where to shop for this stuff.

You don't have to look very far to find people charging ridiculous prices for Carcassonne stuff (ahem). A quick browse of eBay and it isn't uncommon to find the Spiel 2014 tile for instance going for £20 or more, and this is something that is free from Cundco (if you write them a poem)!

It often feels like Cundco is a secret little place for people who are "in the know" like us, but in reality I'd love it if more people knew about this as it would help them to build and enjoy their collections and stop rip-off cowboys from making so much profit on these things through eBay.

If I had a penny for every time I had to stop and bite my tongue when reading about "Rare" and "Hard to find" things on eBay that can be bought through Cundco for a tenth of the price I'd have £5.62...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
What if a player draws a tower tile but they don't have any more tower floors?

Started by carca82

5 Replies
Last post September 27, 2022, 01:12:49 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Whilst I don't blame the postman, I object to his employers' business practices

Started by danisthirty

5 Replies
Last post May 01, 2016, 01:34:47 AM
by Paul
clip
I don't practice Santorini, I ain't got no crystal ball.

Started by dirk2112

32 Replies
Last post March 18, 2017, 04:06:23 AM
by Luthadel
xx
Challenge: Don't let your opponent score points during the game!

Started by CraftyRaf

0 Replies
Last post February 18, 2022, 10:13:30 AM
by CraftyRaf
xx
Recommendations for fan expansions that don't add new tiles?

Started by cgschwarz7

6 Replies
Last post July 19, 2020, 12:23:35 PM
by Bumsakalaka