Author Topic: Castles - 2 Questions  (Read 13031 times)

Offline Carcassebs

• Villein
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
Castles - 2 Questions
« on: February 25, 2013, 05:00:30 AM »
Hi everyone,

Played a game this weekend with the Bridges, Castles and Bazaars. We had included the Count of Carcassonne and after the session there was two questions that we needed confirmation and CAR didn't reveal any specifics.

Both has to do with the Castle and here's a Castle token for the ones that don't know and also to help with this topic:

Question 1:
If you look closely on the token, you will notice that there's grass/farm all around it and when you put a Castle onto of a two-pieces city, it does cover all of it. Does this means that it connects two farms that were previously separated by that 2-pieces city?

Question 2:
When playing with the Count of Carcassonne extension, you can put a Meeple in the City of Carcassonne when you close something and cause someone else to score and that you do not score. Our argument was after I closed a Cloister for my buddy, I didn't score on that, but I had a Castle that did scoop the same 9 points because one of my 6 tiles was touching it. Because I made points "after" the structure was closed, we weren't 100% sure how we should handle it. In the end we both agreed that I scored and therefore shouldn't be allowed to move a Meeple to the City, but I would like a confirmation of such.

Thanks all!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=125.0

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
Re: Castles - 2 Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 05:44:28 AM »
Question 1:
If you look closely on the token, you will notice that there's grass/farm all around it and when you put a Castle onto of a two-pieces city, it does cover all of it. Does this means that it connects two farms that were previously separated by that 2-pieces city?
The Castle separated the farms in the same way as a 2-pieces city. (BigBox3)

Offline Carcassebs

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 06:00:23 AM »
Question 1:
The Castle separated the farms in the same way as a 2-pieces city. (BigBox3)
Then the design is wrong IMO, it shouldn't have farm/land around it, leads to confusion. If that is the case, they should of made the Castle go all the way to the edge of the token.

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 06:31:37 AM »
Question 2:
When playing with the Count of Carcassonne extension, you can put a Meeple in the City of Carcassonne when you close something and cause someone else to score and that you do not score. Our argument was after I closed a Cloister for my buddy, I didn't score on that, but I had a Castle that did scoop the same 9 points because one of my 6 tiles was touching it. Because I made points "after" the structure was closed, we weren't 100% sure how we should handle it. In the end we both agreed that I scored and therefore shouldn't be allowed to move a Meeple to the City, but I would like a confirmation of such.

All points are scored after a feature is completed. Because the placement of tile caused you to score points, you can't deploy a follower from the City of Carcassonne.

Offline Carcassebs

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 07:02:17 AM »
Question 2:

All points are scored after a feature is completed.

This is what was confusing a bit. The feature was completed and I did make points, but after it was completed and scored, we weren't sure of the order. But looks like did the right thing, thanks for the confirmation.

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 07:51:38 AM »
Scoring is triggered by completion. First you complete the cloister. Second you score it. Both players score at the same time even though you might move their meeples one after the other.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 08:03:12 AM »
Question 2:

All points are scored after a feature is completed.

This is what was confusing a bit. The feature was completed and I did make points, but after it was completed and scored, we weren't sure of the order. But looks like did the right thing, thanks for the confirmation.

Turn sequences:
1. draw and place landscape tile:
A feature is completed at that time when the tile is placed.
2. move wood
3. score
4. after the scoring
if appropriate, place follower in the City of Carcassonne and move Count
---------------------
1. The cloister and the castle are complete .
2. move wood if you like
3. score the cloister 9 points and score the castle 9 points
4. Here it isn't possible to place a follower in the City of Carcassonne, because you score points for the castle.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:32:50 AM by kettlefish »

Offline Carcassebs

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 09:17:57 AM »
Thanks everyone, that seals the deal on this one.

Edit: I meant on the 2nd question, still not too keen on the 1st one...

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 10:09:34 AM »
I didn't address the first one because kettlefish answered it already. Besides what she quoted, we've also had confirmations from questions to HiG that  the castle is a separate feature from the tiles underneath.

Offline Carcassebs

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 10:11:22 AM »
...the castle is a separate feature from the tiles underneath.

I see, it doesn't replace it but sit atop, makes sense, thanks!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
Wagons, ringmasters, german castles and castles

Started by NGC 54

3 Replies
Last post May 31, 2020, 07:21:23 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Bridges, Castles & Bazaars League: Castles

Started by MrNumbers

45 Replies
Last post March 22, 2017, 02:41:32 PM