Author Topic: C1/C2 to C3  (Read 2924 times)

Offline hololomat

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
C1/C2 to C3
« on: May 19, 2023, 03:11:58 AM »
Has maybe anyone on this forum created or already tried to create a conversion tiles from C1 exclusives or C2 exclusives to C3? Or just have links to those.
I mean:
C1
- The Catapult (12 tiles)
- Games Quarterly 11 (12 tiles)
- The Tunnel (4 tiles)
- The Plague (6 tiles + 18 flea tokens & 6 outbreak tokens)
- The School (2 tiles)
- Little Buildings (18 tokens)
- Wind Roses (6 tiles)
- Besiegers/Cathars/Siege (6/4/4 tiles)
- Darmstadt Promo (3 tiles)
C1/C2
- Any main expansion
- The Labyrinth (1 tile)
- Monasteries in Germany (6 tiles)
- German Cathedrals (6 tiles)
C2
- Japanese Buildings (6 tiles)
- The Watchtowers (12 tiles)
- The Markets of Leipzig
- SpielDoch! Promo (2 tiles)
- The Barber Surgeons (6 tiles)
- The Fruitbearing Trees (6 tiles + 24 fruit tokens)
- The Toolkeepers (10 tiles)

I know that many of you don't like C3 (or C2.2) version, but I like it a lot, so that's reason why I'm asking. I would love to make those expansions using blanks and C3 version of them.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6372.0

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
Re: C1/C2 to C3
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2023, 06:59:34 AM »
I will not call C3 as C2.2 because there is some mid edition which were between C2.1 and C3 called 20th anniversary edition, which is almost C3 but it's not.

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2023, 10:29:55 AM »
I haven’t seen anyone convert anything to C3 yet. There are some conversions between C1 and C2 over on the German and Czech forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2023, 11:57:19 AM »
I don't believe that there will be C2 to C3 conversions. Because it not brings any benefits, just hours of work. But who know, maybe with ChatGPT v9 it will possible :)

Offline Matisek

• Freeman
  • Merit: 18
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 04:15:11 AM »
Has maybe anyone on this forum created or already tried to create a conversion tiles from C1 exclusives or C2 exclusives to C3? Or just have links to those.
I mean:
C1
- The Catapult (12 tiles)
- Games Quarterly 11 (12 tiles)
- The Tunnel (4 tiles)
- The Plague (6 tiles + 18 flea tokens & 6 outbreak tokens)
- The School (2 tiles)
- Little Buildings (18 tokens)
- Wind Roses (6 tiles)
- Besiegers/Cathars/Siege (6/4/4 tiles)
- Darmstadt Promo (3 tiles)
C1/C2
- Any main expansion
- The Labyrinth (1 tile)
- Monasteries in Germany (6 tiles)
- German Cathedrals (6 tiles)
C2
- Japanese Buildings (6 tiles)
- The Watchtowers (12 tiles)
- The Markets of Leipzig
- SpielDoch! Promo (2 tiles)
- The Barber Surgeons (6 tiles)
- The Fruitbearing Trees (6 tiles + 24 fruit tokens)
- The Toolkeepers (10 tiles)

I know that many of you don't like C3 (or C2.2) version, but I like it a lot, so that's reason why I'm asking. I would love to make those expansions using blanks and C3 version of them.

My creation from C1 to C2 was only Tunnel and Catapult. I wanted to have that in my collection.
I slightly smoothed the tunnel to fit the C2 design, but I left the original concept as a memory
I used the catapult from the 20 year edition. where two cards depicted a catapult (destroyed). So I put it as a C2 design.

I'm adding photos here.. I hope they don't break the rules. (I don't take money for my work)

If this edit doesn't break the rules. i might add it as a download. Let me know (admin or anyone)

Offline Meles

• Freeman
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2023, 03:23:30 PM »
Has anyone ever gotten the Chinese ripoff version of the Catapult and other expansions all in one box. The ads are so bad on Ali-Express and the prices don't seem worth the risk for something likely unexpandable, but the one thing I noticed in the reviews of the base game is that they show C1 in all the pictures, but the reviews show people getting C2 or newer. It boggles the mind what one might receive given this. Would the expansion box be all C1. Mix of C1 and C2. OR ALL C2 which means C2 catapults. :o Catapults is a hard sell at any price and its a high price since it may never get reissued.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2023, 11:04:18 PM »
Has anyone ever gotten the Chinese ripoff version of the Catapult and other expansions all in one box. The ads are so bad on Ali-Express and the prices don't seem worth the risk for something likely unexpandable, but the one thing I noticed in the reviews of the base game is that they show C1 in all the pictures, but the reviews show people getting C2 or newer. It boggles the mind what one might receive given this. Would the expansion box be all C1. Mix of C1 and C2. OR ALL C2 which means C2 catapults. :o Catapults is a hard sell at any price and its a high price since it may never get reissued.

https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/carcassonne-das-katapult-7-erweiterung/2544788869-23-3391
30 EUR

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2023, 11:06:05 PM »

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2023, 12:17:43 AM »

The AliExpress knock offs are C1 for the expansions, and can be both C1 or C2 for the base game
Quality is terrible as you can expect and it's definitely better to be patient and try and find stuff second hand and get the real releases
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline Meles

• Freeman
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2023, 07:55:40 PM »
The AliExpress knock offs are C1 for the expansions, and can be both C1 or C2 for the base game
Quality is terrible as you can expect and it's definitely better to be patient and try and find stuff second hand and get the real releases
Are their examples in the museum or are they more banned from the museum? C:-)
Does the ridiculous catapult misfire? It would be kind of cool to actually have pics that show and warn people just what a mistake these sets represent. If they were a bit cheaper, I'd be dumb enough to buy a copy just to see for myself.

For board games everything I've seen (and bought; Splendor) is a complete and total knockoff via these routes. Generally everything appears to have been a ripoff more or less though my Splendor comes in a very tiny box which is quite the contrast from the original.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2023, 04:36:59 AM »
Carcassonne-Forum have permission from HiG to convert existing expansions from C2 (and I presume C3) into C1 (and C2 respectively).  Because the expansions are owned by HiG outright, they are not considered fan-expansions so we must respect their wishes.

HiG has agreed that expansions can be converted by CarcF, but they limited the speed as which that can be done.

Offline Meles

• Freeman
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2023, 02:20:28 PM »
Carcassonne-Forum have permission from HiG to convert existing expansions from C2 (and I presume C3) into C1 (and C2 respectively).  Because the expansions are owned by HiG outright, they are not considered fan-expansions so we must respect their wishes.

HiG has agreed that expansions can be converted by CarcF, but they limited the speed as which that can be done.
Interesting and further confirmation that the AliExpress listing is completely bogus since it is taking something up from C1 to C2 or C3, which even this reverred forum is not allowed.

I can see the museum not wanting to celebrate such activity while it is still ongoing as well.

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2023, 08:28:27 AM »

And CarcF further limits their own speed. To be clear, they are allowed to go faster than they have been.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2023, 08:39:08 AM »
Well, and some of the expansions started haven't been completed and moved to the Download area yet... You have to scan the corresponding threads and fish for the tile images.  :'(
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Meles

• Freeman
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2023, 06:36:18 AM »

And CarcF further limits their own speed. To be clear, they are allowed to go faster than they have been.
CarcF Is Carcassonne France?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter