Author Topic: Two doubts about The Toolkeepers' basic rules  (Read 619 times)

Offline joe_abbot

• Villein
  • Merit: 1
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Two doubts about The Toolkeepers' basic rules
« on: January 02, 2023, 01:48:50 AM »
This is probably very naive of me but I'd like to be sure.

1. Let's say I close a road by using a tile with a crossroad in it. Am I allowed to immediately place a toolhouse on the newly placed tile, triggering the "Tool raising" score? My understanding is that I am allowed but could you please confirm it to me? In the example Red :red-meeple: places B, then plays a toolhouse on it and gets 5 points. Is it correct?

2. During the final scoring "you get points for all incomplete roads connected to your tollhouse". You don't have to have meeples on the incomplete road, right? They just have to start/end on your toolhouse, is this correct?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6220.0

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Two doubts about The Toolkeepers' basic rules
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 02:31:14 AM »
This is probably very naive of me but I'd like to be sure.

1. Let's say I close a road by using a tile with a crossroad in it. Am I allowed to immediately place a toolhouse on the newly placed tile, triggering the "Tool raising" score? My understanding is that I am allowed but could you please confirm it to me? In the example Red :red-meeple: places B, then plays a toolhouse on it and gets 5 points. Is it correct?

Yes, you can place a tollhouse on the crossroads with a village of a tile just placed but you can't place a wooden meeple on this turn (if you are playing with more expansions, this action would be extended to placing other figures and or other tokens, but you would be allowed to place your phantom). There is no restriction in the rules to prevent you from doing this if the tile is completing one or more roads.

2. During the final scoring "you get points for all incomplete roads connected to your tollhouse". You don't have to have meeples on the incomplete road, right? They just have to start/end on your toolhouse, is this correct?

Toolhouses don't require meeples to be placed or to score points. They belong to players themselves and score points on their own.
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Two doubts about German Castles expansion

Started by BBG

5 Replies
Last post November 27, 2023, 11:42:08 AM
by NGC 54
question
Doubts when the rules are not specific...

Started by iolyandthor

11 Replies
Last post January 01, 2016, 04:14:59 PM
by iolyandthor
xx
Really ??? Zman games doesn't know basic tile placement rules !!!

Started by corinthiens13

21 Replies
Last post April 26, 2021, 07:26:18 AM
by Meepledrone
question
Basic advanced Labyrinth rules question!

Started by cicerunner

1 Replies
Last post February 17, 2020, 09:23:52 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Doubts about instructions in Het Rad van Fortuin, Wheel of Fortune dutch version

Started by carca82

4 Replies
Last post September 06, 2022, 05:29:31 AM
by carca82