Author Topic: Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXXII  (Read 35943 times)

Offline oldbonz

• Authors
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 108
  • jouer tout simplement
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXXII
« Reply #240 on: January 05, 2023, 04:09:07 AM »
Bravo Corinthiens13

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
  • Merit: 34
  • Fight, Flight, Freeze ..... or Play :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 05, 2023, 04:18:21 AM »
Congratulations @corinthiens13 this is a very clear win!!!  :D

As I said: you are unbeatable on speed, very well done because this means you know all the footnotes by heart and THAT is something!!!

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 05, 2023, 04:21:08 AM »
@Meepledrone , as every year, we would also like to have the charts without counting time  ;D
would you mind showing us?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 05, 2023, 04:44:42 AM »
Interesting! ^-^

@Challa007 and @KBellon would be at the top wihout the speed boost, but @Challa007 would win as she answered faster. Congrats!!!!

« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 04:47:11 AM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #244 on: January 05, 2023, 04:52:39 AM »
Wow, thanks  :yellow-meeple: :yellow-meeple: :yellow-meeple:

It's an honor to keep up! And congratulations to KBellon and Challa007 for answering the most correct answers!

Meepledrone, can you ship the "1 special tile prize" to Challa007 instead of me? She deserves it (most correct answers), and I already own it ;)

About question 22: Considering that red would move the fairy to his abbot and so that the two other meeples would be eaten by the dragon before scoring was a false answer?  Wasn't it the most realistic scenario? ???

And question 24... My bad, insted of answering point C's question, I made all the ingots repartition between players... Without answering to the question  ;D

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 05, 2023, 05:14:29 AM »
And thanks again Meepledrone for this awesome quizz, it was a lot of fun!

@Challa007, I indeed didn't read all of the footnotes, but most of them... Here's my receipe:
  • Allways go to "scoring during turn sequence" to verify I'm not forgetting something
  • At a single doubt, read the expansion's page and footnotes
  • Have kids that still wake up at night, making occasions to answer midnight questions and save time (next quizz in 12 month, I'm sure some of the participants can manage to have this kind of little baby-helpers before that  ;D )
  • Miss one hill or two in the process (happened every year)

Congratulations everyone, you all did great!!!  :yellow-meeple:

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 05, 2023, 09:38:22 AM »
Interesting! ^-^

@Challa007 and @KBellon would be at the top wihout the speed boost, but @Challa007 would win as she answered faster. Congrats!!!!

Thank you!  ;D I am happy all the headaches were worthwile   ;)   I still cannot believe it.  :pink-meeple:
But this is clearly worth a BIG thank you to all the people who work with the WICA because without that I would not have been able to do it! The WICA is an amazing knowledge-storage made with intelligence, perseverance and a lot of love. Thanks to you all who keep it running. It is the best asset (apart from the people) of this community!!

And congratulations to KBellon and Challa007 for answering the most correct answers!

Meepledrone, can you ship the "1 special tile prize" to Challa007 instead of me? She deserves it (most correct answers), and I already own it ;)

Hey, thanks a lot @corinthiens13 that is very generous of you!!  ;D  :(y)

@Challa007, I indeed didn't read all of the footnotes, but most of them... Here's my receipe:
  • Allways go to "scoring during turn sequence" to verify I'm not forgetting something
  • At a single doubt, read the expansion's page and footnotes
  • Have kids that still wake up at night, making occasions to answer midnight questions and save time (next quizz in 12 month, I'm sure some of the participants can manage to have this kind of little baby-helpers before that  ;D )
  • Miss one hill or two in the process (happened every year)

haha, well from your list I do in order:

point 2 (read the whole WICA page including footnotes for every expansion involved)
point 1 (use the scoring tool from WICA)
point 4 *sigh* I also have some of those:
                    -  in question 13: apply the castle rule for the monastery but not for the mayor (why???)
                    -  in question 20: apply the rules for the red meeple but not the yellow (why???)
                    -  in question 24 forget to score the abbot (I mean, hello!!, that was the easiest thing to do in that wicked question...)
            well, you know ... *sigh*
point 3 I do not have  ;D

Concerning question 10: well here I will have a "discussion" with Meepledrone  >:D
------------------------
To finish:

Thank you so much @Meepledrone for organising this marvellous Advent Quizz once again!!

It is so much fun to do!! And I know you had very little time to do it and did it anyway for us!
That is very much appreciated!!  :(y) :(y) :(y)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 05, 2023, 09:39:17 AM »
Wow, thanks  :yellow-meeple: :yellow-meeple: :yellow-meeple:

It's an honor to keep up! And congratulations to KBellon and Challa007 for answering the most correct answers!

Congrats to you all! It's been a great Advent Quiz!

Hope you all enjoyed it. ;D

So generous!  ^-^ Let's see what she has to say about the Speil'22 tile...

At least you'll want the scoreboard signed by KJW, right? ;)

About question 22: Considering that red would move the fairy to his abbot and so that the two other meeples would be eaten by the dragon before scoring was a false answer?  Wasn't it the most realistic scenario? ???

Of course, the scenario was most unrealistic, but I was more interested in the answers about the dragon moment. Ha ha ha!

And question 24... My bad, insted of answering point C's question, I made all the ingots repartition between players... Without answering to the question  ;D

It was a pity! Question #24 seemed a tough one for everyone fo different reasons.

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 05, 2023, 09:49:29 AM »
To everyone who has participated in the Advent Quizz:

You know that one of the prices for the winner was a Spiel22 tile and @corinthiens13 has generously offered to give it to me because he already has one.

Same goes for me: I already have one and I believe most participants of this year's Advent Quizz already have one.

But if there are participants who do not have a Spiel 22 tile yet and would like to have it, please let me know via PM.

From all the requests, I will pick one (I already have my criteria fixed but will not tell  >:D) and Meepledrone will send it to that person, agreed?  :D

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 05, 2023, 11:49:36 AM »
Scoreboard signed by KJW ? ? ? Of course I'd want that!!!  :D :D :D

And now, to all the participants, lets play Carcassonne and work on the rules to be ready for next year  :yellow-meeple:

Agreed Challa007 for the spiel tile sharing. And I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem for Meepledrone, since this shouldn't increase the postage costs  :yellow-meeple:

Online Snearone

• Duke
  • Merit: 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 05, 2023, 12:32:44 PM »

Thank you Meepledrone for the quiz!

Congratulations on your win and for retaining your title @corinthiens13 :(y) :(y) :(y)
You have also almost equalled with @Challa007 and @KBellon in correct answers without unnecessary additional points scoring ;D :(y) :(y)

Additional congratulations to the three champions who were the only ones to answer question #17 fully correctly  :(y) :(y) :(y)

If only I hadn't stopped answering as soon as possible from question 18 onwards, I would have repeated exactly same places as last year :D Still, I'm surprised I didn't fall much much lower because of it  ::)

My biggest mistake was in question 18, I've got the scoring right, but done the simplest and very visible math wrong
"Blue scores 22 from a city, 8 and 7 from bets, 27 total" ouch.

But there is one thing I need to come back to  O:-)

Answer #4: The tile placed completes a road with 10 tiles which features a bridge, two tunnels connected by the yellow and black tunnel tokens and an Ukranian traditional house acting as an inn by the lake. There is a regular inn in the scenario but it is not connected to the completed road network.

I've underlines crucial part that wasn't stated in the question, as CundCo says:
"You can use it as a normal tile, as an additional tile for the 1st expansion Inns and Cathedrals, where it can be used as an inn, and/or as an additional tile for the mini-expansion The Crop Circles."

That tile features Ukrainian house, not an inn, it can act as one but does not need too! You can not play those two tiles with an in from exp8 and claim that they have no inns while playing also with exp1, but you can do exactly that with Ukrainian tile, so that needs clarifiyng on WICA  O:-)
Completed: Robber's Son | Gambler's Luck | Vistas Revisited | First Wells | The Flying Machines 2
WIP: The Occult Tower | Binding Deed | Wandering Preachers | City Gates Rebuilt | New King's Orders

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #251 on: January 05, 2023, 04:21:43 PM »
Congrats winners, specially those read Wica better than we do :)

Funny think is question 24, nobody answered it correctly.

Very nice spent advent time.

Thanks @Meepledrone for it.

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 05, 2023, 10:31:47 PM »
Indeeed, and I'm really frustrated at answering the main question correctly, and then making a silly answer for ingots... Snearone did also answer the main question correctly, congratulations  :yellow-meeple:

Online Snearone

• Duke
  • Merit: 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 06, 2023, 12:39:33 AM »

Indeeed, and I'm really frustrated at answering the main question correctly, and then making a silly answer for ingots... Snearone did also answer the main question correctly, congratulations  :yellow-meeple:

Congrats to you as well, and I feel you, for me it was stating that no meeple goes to bathhouse completely overlooking that 1 point road one.

Sent from my 21091116UG using Tapatalk

Offline davide

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 06, 2023, 08:05:46 AM »
congrat!!CORINTHIENS13!!!well this year I qualificate best position ,nr 9!!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXXII coming soon...

Started by Meepledrone

7 Replies
Last post November 14, 2022, 01:44:55 AM
by Challa007
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXVII

Started by danisthirty

104 Replies
Last post February 17, 2018, 07:56:46 AM
by Rich_The_Fish
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXVIII